OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tano

Legend
Well this thread got derailed

train trainwreck GIF

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Being able to dive during a storm is awesome.

The only good thing about rocking and rolling on the surface is if you are one of the guys that doesn't get seasick, you can say gross-out shit to those that do in an effort to make them puke (which we did when we had to transit on the surface in rough seas). :laugh4:

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

The only good thing about rocking and rolling on the surface is if you are one of the guys that doesn't get seasick, you can say gross-out shit to those that do in an effort to make them puke (which we did when we had to transit on the surface in rough seas). :laugh4:
Well... not to de-rail this further... AHhhh. What am I talking about!!?!?!!?
6.5 years, Navy - never went to sea - except, that I taught sailing. So, we were near the water!
As a sailor, one is constantly on alert of your surroundings at least partially because you are relying on the wind and your vision can be largely blocked by the sails... So, that said, even while entertaining the captives you brought aboard, you are typically - and even unconsciously - continually looking around every few seconds.
While sailing outside the harbor one day, I had the freaky experience of a sub coming along side. Not wanting to interfere with that at all, I tacked away from our course to put a bit more distance between us. Then the thing that freaked my out the most was - I turned around and it was gone. Until then - and never since, have I had a boat (ship/raft!) disappear from sight before. That was something that was way outside my thinking realm!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn was hoping for more transactions :)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I found out after I joined that I get WICKED sea sick… worse, I found that once I start, I can’t stop for hours… not hyperbole.

So it was subs or bust for me cuz I’d die on the surface

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Sardines always pushed them over the edge. :laugh4::laugh4::sick2::sick2::sick2::sick2:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I found out after I joined that I get WICKED sea sick… worse, I found that once I start, I can’t stop for hours… not hyperbole.

So it was subs or bust for me cuz I’d die on the surface

Most of the time you'd have been ok, but if you were homeported out of somewhere like Norfolk where there is about a 7 hour surface transit to the dive point, and it was rough that day, you would have heard a lot of gross-out shit from the other guys ... submariners can be some twisted, sadistic bastards (I mean that as a compliment to us, btw). :laugh4:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Most of the time you'd have been ok, but if you were homeported out of somewhere like Norfolk where there is about a 7 hour surface transit to the dive point, and it was rough that day, you would have heard a lot of gross-out shit from the other guys ... submariners can be some twisted, sadistic bastards (I mean that as a compliment to us, btw). :laugh4:
Yeah. I had such an evil tongue I had to give up smack talking for Lent one year and just kept that. After I was out, I found a smack talking buddy while a computer consultant for Computer Sciences Corp and we let in a marine just back from Iraq.

He felt really out of place with civilians so I invited him to hang with us and he immediately wanted to be part of talking smack… well, we let him observe for about a day and a half when I thought… let’s baptize this marine.

I lobbed what I thought were a few soft volleys…

Well… the marine started to cry (just wet eyes and sniffles) and my partner at the job looked at me like I’d just suggested bringing back the Holocaust for funsies. It broke up the smack group basically.

Worse, on my internal “smackmometer”, I’d maybe gone two out of ten.

I told my wife what happened (not what I said) and the whole fam thought it was a joke and kept poking at me so I’d talk smack at home.

Finally the wife wouldn’t let up and I said, “okay, here’s something that barely is a 1”… aaaaand she immediately started crying and was wounded for a few days even as she knew intellectually how much I’ve always adored her.

It was early in the year and I prayed about it and decided to give up smack for Lent and never went back to it.

All that to say that I don’t need rough seas to make grown men throw up or cry and anyone who relished in getting me woulda gotten it back tenfold.

I’m glad that didn’t happen because anytime I hurt someone, always inadvertently even when talking shit, I felt horrible afterwards.

So yeah… to indicate how much of an about face I underwent, even before quitting smack talk, I’d thought about going to Lutheran seminary.

TL;dr guys woulda got me and the comeback woulda at the very least caught me administrative action and someone (or someones) woulda beat my ass… lotta people THINK they have an evil tongue. They don’t. It’s like being Edward Scissorhands. I’ll leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.