OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dang

Legend
One of the bright spots? Define "bright spot" Holden. One of a number of street FAs that we had to use on a decimated O-line? So bright we wouldn't even offer him a Vet minimum contract? Hyperbole much?
Oday would not be on the Rams 2024+ plans is the reason he wasn’t signed. But he did bring some relief to the Rams OL. Respect to him for that.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oday would not be on the Rams 2024+ plans is the reason he wasn’t signed. But he did bring some relief to the Rams OL. Respect to him for that.
It's not about respect. I don't disrespect him.

It wouldn't require being part of the '24 plans. The guy has played for like 6 or 7 teams. I'm sure we could have offered him a one year deal and he would have signed before we could blink. He played ok but it's kind of a reach to call him a bright spot when he was one of what?...16 different linemen and started all of 4 games?

PARAM

Hall of Fame

It wouldn't require being part of the '24 plans. The guy has played for like 6 or 7 teams. I'm sure we could have offered him a one year deal and he would have signed before we could blink. He played ok but it's kind of a reach to call him a bright spot when he was one of what?...16 different linemen and started all of 4 games?
And even if there was a bright spot on the 2022 O line, it would be Havenstein (17 gs). If you had to pick a sub, it would probably be Nsehke.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

True, but the most important thing for 24' is to keep Stafford in one peice in 23'. If he gets beaten up again this yr, he might be done. And now you don't have a QB for 24' that will be ready to win.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I think the bigger thing to remark on is that the Rams Oline scheme had to change and simplify with the addition of street free agents. It was a more successful scheme than the original scheme with the starters.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Looks like the Great Kazoo to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230807_174739_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230807_174739_Chrome.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 36

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
And even if there was a bright spot on the 2022 O line, it would be Havenstein (17 gs). If you had to pick a sub, it would probably be Nsehke.

I think it’s weird we didn't bring Nsekhe back. Things seemed to calm down on the left side once he got settled in. That’s when Cam started going off too, iinm.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think it’s weird we didn't bring Nsekhe back. Things seemed to calm down on the left side once he got settled in. That’s when Cam started going off too, iinm.
He's old and our youth is presumably healthy. Plus, he's one of those vets most teams don't sign until after week 1 so the contract isn't guaranteed. Just be glad no one else has signed him so we can keep him in our back pocket for emergencies if the need arises.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sounds like things are getting pretty bad there in Indy. Would I love Taylor? Absolutely, especially with minimal trade capital. 3rd or 4th?

Gurley had issues in Georgia with his knees and there was more than several red flags there. Taylor has had minor surgery to his ankle which has a better chance of recovery and no future injuries regarding the same areas.

That all said, the amount of ridiculous backs coming out next year is crazy. Just the top 6 alone are nuts!
Indy would never bite but I'd offer them a 1 for 1 swap with Akers. Then see what they ask for to sweeten the pot just to see if I can be in the right place at the right time.

But of course the problem is that this year is probably a wash for us regardless. Taylor doesn't make us a contender and would almost surely move on after the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.