OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Screenshot_20230729-185213.png

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
well ok then. Bummer but didn't really see a spot for him this year anyway if we're looking to the future.
Yeah more so just shocked he'd retire so young. Only 5 years in the NFL. Crazy, but we all got to do what makes us happy.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah more so just shocked he'd retire so young. Only 5 years in the NFL. Crazy, but we all got to do what makes us happy.
Yeah, McVay said his body was talking to him so sounds like he had some lingering physical issues. Good for him not pushing his body to past that point for money. Health is important.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, but it isn't a major one. I mean honestly, we can say that about all running backs given the amount of punishment they take. Let's just say I see Taylor holding up better than Cam, but it all depends on what Taylor wants as to what teams will actually be interested. I think he'll hit a cold market honestly.
He very well may and he's better than Cam as well. All backs seem to break down these days and it all in the legs. I'd just hate to see us pay him huge money and it's Gurley 2.0. I'm fully on the draft backs and cycle through them train.

dang

Legend
I don't trust anything that drunk bastard says :laugh4:
Well it looks like Taylor wants an extension as this is the last year of his rookie contract and he deserves some assurance of a second contract paying near the top of RB $$$$.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He very well may and he's better than Cam as well. All backs seem to break down these days and it all in the legs. I'd just hate to see us pay him huge money and it's Gurley 2.0. I'm fully on the draft backs and cycle through them train.
"After Gurley never again."
~ not Sean McVay

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well it looks like Taylor wants an extension as this is the last year of his rookie contract and he deserves some assurance of a second contract paying near the top of RB $$$$.
True but these RBs aren't pulling crazy money like other positions so I do wonder what that number truly is. I also wonder if teams will structure these contracts with more incentives to protect themselves.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
My thing is--Taylor or not--the running game will be more impacted by our OL ability. So I'd be cautious about another investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.