OFFICIAL 2023 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He was 21 and she was 17? That doesn't strike me as something that should be illegal - but in California, is it - even "consensual"?
The closeness in age is considered, but technically still illegal.
Being in a relationship with the girl, can also be taken into consideration.

In CA a girl can consent, but if she's intoxicated, it can still be considered rape.

Just stay away from drunk women. Seriously.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The difference between a 17 and 18 year old girl wouldn’t be detectable. I’ve seen 16 year olds that look like they are in their 20’s and I’ve seen 18 year olds look like they are 14.
Precisely. And the problem is today's "people" don't seem to understand there's a vast gulf in certain mistakes people can make.

It's not ok to sleep with an underage kid. But it's not obvious and it's easy to occur in certain settings, like college parties for example. So context matters here when you're talking about shitting on a guy and ruining his life. Acting like he deserves to be shit on for making that particular mistake is ridiculous.

Now if he raped her then he is deserving of all that. But again there's a big difference in the two.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He was 21 and she was 17? That doesn't strike me as something that should be illegal - but in California, is it - even "consensual"?

Depends… some states have “Romeo and Juliet Laws” which mitigate the absolute nature of stat rap laws, but I don’t think 21 qualifies and 4 years seems to large a gap iirc.

I think CA has those, but I dunno for sure or what age ranges qualify

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also, if you’re looking at an NFL career, then one must weigh the chances of all the possible negatives against getting laid.

Even if all he did was have sex at 21 with a 17 year old… STUPID.

I’m not exonerating the young woman who seems to have lied about the gang rape. That’s awful if she’s admitting to that (I read the story and it doesn’t seem she’s saying that, just that the Sheriffs Dept report shows significant inconsistencies in her story such that he couldn’t have been guilty of the most heinous allegations.)

But dude… athletes today are trained to always use a condom and to tie it/them up immediately and take all of the condoms with them… don’t even trust the flush.

This and dozens of other things are practiced to ensure nothing stops the journey to the pros.

No, it’s not the 70s… adapt or die. We don’t get to just have unprotected sex with people we don’t know without consequences… STD, allegations, age or other stuff…ESPECIALLY if one is about to embark on a pro career

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
0318F3D0-003E-4AF5-8804-F6CF287A6C82.jpeg

This guy doesn’t have a problem with what Araiza did.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, if you’re looking at an NFL career, then one must weigh the chances of all the possible negatives against getting laid.

Even if all he did was have sex at 21 with a 17 year old… STUPID.
Spoken like an old man with an entire lifetime of lessons separating himself from the reality of being young, dumb, and full of you know what.

The millenial generation has been mindfucked so badly. They were raised on politically correct shit like Barney instead of funny shit like roadrunner or looney toons. They couldn't get on their bikes without strapping up helmets. Couldn't drink from hoses. Had to deal with AIDS fears ruining one of the greatest benefits of being young which is the copious amounts of sex. Then they get to college and have old timers telling them it's stupid to fuck a 17 year old if they're 21. I mean c'mon man.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny as hell. Some of these boys are so confused they're afraid to even talk to girls. So fucking sad. Hopefully the next gen will lighten up a bit and let their kids live a little.

dang

Legend
Spoken like an old man with an entire lifetime of lessons separating himself from the reality of being young, dumb, and full of you know what.

The millenial generation has been mindfucked so badly. They were raised on politically correct shit like Barney instead of funny shit like roadrunner or looney toons. They couldn't get on their bikes without strapping up helmets. Couldn't drink from hoses. Had to deal with AIDS fears ruining one of the greatest benefits of being young which is the copious amounts of sex. Then they get to college and have old timers telling them it's stupid to fuck a 17 year old if they're 21. I mean c'mon man.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny as hell. Some of these boys are so confused they're afraid to even talk to girls. So fucking sad. Hopefully the next gen will lighten up a bit and let their kids live a little.
Just like things being tolerated or accepted in 1923 that were no longer acceptable in 1963, things that were acceptable in 1983 are not tolerated or accepted today. It’s 2023 my friend. Right or wrong the times they are a changin’.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just like things being tolerated or accepted in 1923 that were no longer acceptable in 1963, things that were acceptable in 1983 are not tolerated or accepted today. It’s 2023 my friend. Right or wrong the times they are a changin’.
Was about to say something similar, given that I’m a millennial (who did drink from hoses in summer, hated Barney, and absolutely loved Wil E. Coyote and the Roadrunner). People of one generation have always been critical of the next gen. Doesn’t make it bad or good: just nostalgia for a way that was lost.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I’m was engaged at 18 and married at 21 in 1989

AIDS was rampant in the 80s and it’s not like there weren’t consequences then, but there simply are more now, ESPECIALLY for prospective pro athletes.

Mindfulness and maturity is possible for young people as much now as it was then. Sorry if the consequences for mindlessness are greater.

How long are guys gonna complain about finding out instead of not fucking around (literally in this case) in the first place?

I mean, if Les drafts a 21 year old, I sure hope they show better maturity and mindfulness than Araiza… do not you?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember jarred hayne? He was the Aussie rugby league player that earned the whiners kick return duties for awhile.

Well he's a fucking animal. Ran away from the USA after some drama with a woman. Came back to Australia and apparently raped a woman. She kept messaging him telling him she wanted to fuck him so he went to her house in a taxi and told the guy to keep the car running. ??? When she found out the taxi was still outside she apparently changed her mind. Don't know what happened but do know he's a rough animal.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

Remember jarred hayne? He was the Aussie rugby league player that earned the whiners kick return duties for awhile.

Well he's a fucking animal. Ran away from the USA after some drama with a woman. Came back to Australia and apparently raped a woman. She kept messaging him telling him she wanted to fuck him so he went to her house in a taxi and told the guy to keep the car running. ??? When she found out the taxi was still outside she apparently changed her mind. Don't know what happened but do know he's a rough animal.

Fucking scumbag of a human

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, if Les drafts a 21 year old, I sure hope they show better maturity and mindfulness than Araiza… do not you?
Yes of course. Just pointing out the other side of that coin here, that perspective can be lost in the court of public opinion. Particularly the electronic variety.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Precisely. And the problem is today's "people" don't seem to understand there's a vast gulf in certain mistakes people can make.

It's not ok to sleep with an underage kid. But it's not obvious and it's easy to occur in certain settings, like college parties for example. So context matters here when you're talking about shitting on a guy and ruining his life. Acting like he deserves to be shit on for making that particular mistake is ridiculous.

Now if he raped her then he is deserving of all that. But again there's a big difference in the two.
Just ask the girl what AltaVista was in 2005.... or, ask her who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2005 if you want to go easy on her...

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rick Springfield wrote a memoir: At age 25 he dated a then 15-year-old Linda Blair. “I am her first lover and she is an enthusiastic learner…. We share a love of dogs and sex–separately, not in combination. Most of the time we don’t leave the apartment.

Wow! Just wow!

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Sources: Agent allegedly offered gifts to get players drafted​

• i

Brooke Pryor, ESPN Staff WriterMay 12, 2023, 07:54 PM ET
The NFL Players Association is investigating agent David Canter for trying to entice teams to draft players he represents during the NFL draft last month, sources told ESPN on Friday.

Canter, a longtime agent and the president of football at GSE Worldwide, allegedly contacted several teams throughout the NFL draft weekend offering the use of vacation properties belonging to him and his wife if the team drafted one of his clients, sources told ESPN. Sources described Canter's actions as a "form of bribery."

Canter's attorney, Adam Kenner, released a statement to ESPN later Friday on behalf of his client that read: "We are aware that the NFLPA is looking into communications between my client and various management personnel of certain NFL teams. Mr. Canter did not engage in any wrongdoing and he is fully cooperating with the NFLPA. We expect the situation to be resolved shortly."
Though trying to incentivize a team to draft a player is not explicitly prohibited by the NFLPA, the players' union investigation will determine whether Canter's conduct is in violation of at least three different articles in its Regulations for Contract Advisors, including one that prohibits "engaging in unlawful conduct and/or conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, or other activity which reflects adversely on his/her fitness as a Contract Advisor or jeopardizes his/her effective representation of NFL players."

Pending the results of the investigation, Canter's discipline could include fines, suspension or the revocation of his agent's certification.

The Committee on Agent Relations and Discipline (CARD), a small group composed of active and former players chosen by NFLPA president JC Tretter and guided by the NFLPA's legal department, will determine Canter's discipline. Such investigations can sometimes be lengthy, but the committee has the ability to immediately revoke or suspend an agent's certification in "extraordinary circumstances."

Canter and GSE Worldwide represented 21 athletes in the 2023 draft class, including wide receiver Jayden Reed, selected by the Green Bay Packers in the second round, and Mr. Irrelevant, defensive tackle Desjuan Johnson, who was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams. Canter also has a deep roster of veteran NFL clients that includes Miami Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard, Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence and Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Asante Samuel Jr.
Canter has a prior disciplinary record with the NFLPA that includes several recent incidents, sources told ESPN, and that history is expected to factor into the committee's decision.

Though Canter's alleged actions are unprecedented, sources told ESPN, the NFLPA has previously levied discipline on other agents. In 2016, CARD unanimously voted to revoke the certification of agent Ben Dogra for at least three years after a 38-count disciplinary complaint; the nature of the complaints was not made public. Dogra, who previously represented players including Adrian Peterson and Robert Griffin III, was allowed to continue representing his clients during the appeals process, and he was reinstated in February 2017.