OFFICIAL 2023 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Goodby Kendricks; don't let the door hit you in the arse.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I love the optimism about this kid from several posters here and I hope you're all right but he was drafted by Denver and cut and then picked up by Chicago and cut.... not being able to even make the practice squad of arguably the two worst teams in the NFL doesn't instill me with confidence ...
Have you considered the possibility that Denver and Chicago may have released Ojemudia because no one could correctly pronounce his name! Have You!!! Dude ... think before you post.
1697555479175.png

oldnotdead

Legend
All I can say is look at how many teams Witherspoon has been on. He's been on the Niners, Seahawks and then the Steelers over the past 6 years. He was a third round pick by the Niners in 2017. It's not like he didn't play well but was buried on their rosters. He's 28 and has at least one more contract in him. I'd be surprised if the Rams don't extend him.

Ojemudia was a third round pick by Denver and again like Witherspoon he was buried behind established starters. He did flash during his play in Denver but like here it's hard to judge him because of the system there. The Bears never used him. The guy has talent and IMO simply needs the right system and the right coach. IMO he would be an upgrade to Kendrick in terms of overall athleticism and he's not without experience. The system being used by Morris is very similar to what was used by Denver when Ojemudia was there.

Ojemudia might not be the long term answer as a starter but he looks like the best option this year. It will buy them time to develop both Durant and Tomlinson. CB is a position that requires time to develop in the NFL. It is extremely technique heavy compared to the collegiate level. It's why most CBs take 2-3 years to either make it or not. Ojemudia played very well in his second year, but stayed buried on the Broncos' roster. I think they may have a decent starter to finish out this year in him. After that they can sign a FA or draft two CBs to be their long term starters going forward.

Psycho_X

Legend
All I can say is look at how many teams Witherspoon has been on. He's been on the Niners, Seahawks and then the Steelers over the past 6 years. He was a third round pick by the Niners in 2017. It's not like he didn't play well but was buried on their rosters. He's 28 and has at least one more contract in him. I'd be surprised if the Rams don't extend him.

Ojemudia was a third round pick by Denver and again like Witherspoon he was buried behind established starters. He did flash during his play in Denver but like here it's hard to judge him because of the system there. The Bears never used him. The guy has talent and IMO simply needs the right system and the right coach. IMO he would be an upgrade to Kendrick in terms of overall athleticism and he's not without experience. The system being used by Morris is very similar to what was used by Denver when Ojemudia was there.

Ojemudia might not be the long term answer as a starter but he looks like the best option this year. It will buy them time to develop both Durant and Tomlinson. CB is a position that requires time to develop in the NFL. It is extremely technique heavy compared to the collegiate level. It's why most CBs take 2-3 years to either make it or not. Ojemudia played very well in his second year, but stayed buried on the Broncos' roster. I think they may have a decent starter to finish out this year in him. After that they can sign a FA or draft two CBs to be their long term starters going forward.
Yeah, I do hope you're right but the main reason Witherspoon made his way to us this offseason was because he couldn't stay healthy in Pittsburgh. They expected and wanted him to be a starter there and the Whiners had him start a lot over four seasons. So he won starting jobs with both teams over six seasons. Ojemudia was given a chance in Denver based on metrics and draft position and played himself to the bench within a year and has never made his way back on two bad teams.

Metrics are great to begin with but I need to see him play competent football before I'll be hopeful. Barring a miracle of Ojemudia turning it on suddenly our best bet seems to be moving Durant to outside and Tomlinson/Shelley on nickel/dime.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah, I do hope you're right but the main reason Witherspoon made his way to us this offseason was because he couldn't stay healthy in Pittsburgh. They expected and wanted him to be a starter there and the Whiners had him start a lot over four seasons. So he won starting jobs with both teams over six seasons. Ojemudia was given a chance in Denver based on metrics and draft position and played himself to the bench within a year and has never made his way back on two bad teams.

Metrics are great to begin with but I need to see him play competent football before I'll be hopeful. Barring a miracle of Ojemudia turning it on suddenly our best bet seems to be moving Durant to outside and Tomlinson/Shelley on nickel/dime.
Rochelle's athletic profile is superior to both of them.

Can't play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love the optimism about this kid from several posters here and I hope you're all right but he was drafted by Denver and cut and then picked up by Chicago and cut.... not being able to even make the practice squad of arguably the two worst teams in the NFL doesn't instill me with confidence he's an answer to anything. Sure, I like his size and speed but apparently that's the only thing that has carried him this far in the NFL if he can't even stick with those two teams.

Durant has been a disappointment this season so far, Shelley has been a jag his whole career, and Tomlinson makes Kyle Murray look big so I'm not thrilled with any of our options on the outside so would be nice if we can find yet another diamond in the rough but not holding my breath.
Durant is slowly improving. The Star position is not easy to learn. At times Ramsey even looked bad playing it.

Duke Shelley hasn’t been a JAG his whole career. He got good grades in coverage last year.

Are any of them doing as well as Witherspoon? No, but he is a former first round pick, so he’s athletically better suited to have more success than some of his shorter teammates, plus he’s very experienced.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm on record as not thinking much of Derion Kendrick's game.
In early-September, I posted that "I can't figure out what the Rams' coaches see in him"

Also on the record as liking Michael Ojemudia. When he was released by Denver during last season, I posted my hope the Rams would pick him up but Chicago got him. Ojemudia was the 77th overall pick in 2020 and played in all 16 games, with 11 starts ... Byron Young was the 77th pick this past Draft.

I would also like to see Michael Ojemudia added to the 53-man roster.

However, Ojemudia is not 'more experienced' than Kendrick. Six games, one start since his rookie season; and less than 100 snaps on defense from 2021-2023. Kendrick as gotten 21 games, 12 starts and almost 900 snaps over the past two seasons.
Jourdan said that the coaches love Kendrick’s size and physicality at corner. I get it but if he’s the best option it’s not a great situation for the roster depth.

I am not familiar with Ojamudia but the Rams are his third team already.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Jourdan said that the coaches love Kendrick’s size and physicality at corner.

Personally, I just don't see physicality in Kendrick's play.

I'm sure the Rams coaches see stuff they like. I've heard McVay say he 'Loves the way Kendrick competes.'

I just don't see enough quality plays. Not in man or zone coverage. I think his technique is poor ... hand use, when to engage, locating the ball, making plays on the ball, grabbing when he doesn't need to, not looking back at the QB. I don't see good tackling ... dives at legs when he should be taking-on receivers that are comparable in size, not putting his body into hits.

I hate the fucking Niners but their cornerbacks hit.

The icing-on-the-cake for me is his talking to the opposing sidelines. Shut-the-Fuck-up and make a play!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Personally, I just don't see physicality in Kendrick's play.

I'm sure the Rams coaches see stuff they like. I've heard McVay say he 'Loves the way Kendrick competes.'

I just don't see enough quality plays. Not in man or zone coverage. I think his technique is poor ... hand use, when to engage, locating the ball, making plays on the ball, grabbing when he doesn't need to, not looking back at the QB. I don't see good tackling ... dives at legs when he should be taking-on receivers that are comparable in size, not putting his body into hits.

I hate the fucking Niners but their cornerbacks hit.

The icing-on-the-cake for me is his talking to the opposing sidelines. Shut-the-Fuck-up and make a play!
If you recall, when he was drafted @jrry32 said he was a poor tackler in college despite having decent size. Poor tackling usually doesn’t change from college to the pros.

Maybe in practices it appears that Kendrick’s is hitting hard because the smurfs don’t hit hard at all.

Corner is a position that teams don’t often get lucky on in rounds 6 and 7. To get a good one they need to draft one early.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If you recall, when he was drafted @jrry32 said he was a poor tackler in college despite having decent size. Poor tackling usually doesn’t change from college to the pros.

Maybe in practices it appears that Kendrick’s is hitting hard because the smurfs don’t hit hard at all.

Corner is a position that teams don’t often get lucky on in rounds 6 and 7. To get a good one they need to draft one early.

IMO your guy’s OPINION SUCKS!!That’s your OPINIONS though. In the Long Run there be Crow to EAT!!

That said in a Positive is Whiterspoons play at CB. DUDE is so calm,but intense.His cover skills have been awesome & The Rams need to lock him up.Nit the way Kendrick’s just was either.
Then you add Kevin Dotson with the Steelers coming into town seeing those 2 in Rams gear.They’ll be kicking themselves in the AZZ!!
Sad about Robinson getting Robbed & makes it all Ironic.

In football terms if Robinson was Packing & getting robbed by Steelers? Play on words

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never ceases to amaze me how we've just bypassed due process and gone straight to fire people from jobs.

RamWoodie

Legend
Let the process proceed. The situation rings loud that the cops were just doing what they are supposed to do. I'm sure many of you have seen a running car with a person asleep at the wheel before. What did you do???

Kendricks is 23, what he did was grossly irresponsible. Lets just hope this is the LAST TIME...and let the guy play for now. I don't think he starts, but he's gonna play. The fallout remains.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The good thing is its not something like domestic violence. There is no tolerance for that. And there shouldn't be.

Julio Urias's career with the Dodger might be over because of that. Trevor Bauer's was. And that mighta been consensual. He mighta just been guilty of weird sexual fantasies.

I'm good with Kendrick playing. He might not be their best corner but it helps with depth.

Tano

Legend
The good thing is its not something like domestic violence. There is no tolerance for that. And there shouldn't be.

Julio Urias's career with the Dodger might be over because of that. Trevor Bauer's was. And that mighta been consensual. He mighta just been guilty of weird sexual fantasies.

I'm good with Kendrick playing. He might not be their best corner but it helps with depth.
Mighta?

One it was concensual
Two - they have evidence that the lady was going to frame(?) Bauer so she could get his millions. It was 100% a set-up that she was going to do it. It pisses me off that she ruined his life on purpose. She should have to go to jail for a minimum of 10 years.

But I have to agree with you that Bauer had some weird sexual fantasies. Is that enough to ban Bauer from Baseball? I don't think so.