2023 Dodger Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I try to always say and live up to patience. We shouldn't worry too much about the first couple weeks. Pitchers spend almost all camp building up endurance and working on secondary pitches. If there's issues as we get to the all star break then we can talk about making changes. Patience

Tano

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why does Roberts allow Almonte to come in with a lead late in the game.

He needs to work around his problems where the Dodgers either have a huge ass lead or are behind by a huge amount.

Right now - he is not himself

I am wondering if a minor league assignment is necessary for him to get his head straight because he does have good stuff but his command is all jacked up

Tano

Legend
Man - than Twins centerfielder is terrible defensively (at least from the couple highlights I saw of him)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Man - than Twins centerfielder is terrible defensively (at least from the couple highlights I saw of him)
Byron Buxton is so overrated. He has five tool talent, but he’s always injured and never really showed it.

Tano

Legend
Why does Roberts allow Almonte to come in with a lead late in the game.

He needs to work around his problems where the Dodgers either have a huge ass lead or are behind by a huge amount.

Right now - he is not himself

I am wondering if a minor league assignment is necessary for him to get his head straight because he does have good stuff but his command is all jacked up
We probably would have lost anyway but Almonte turned a high scoring close game into a rout

They need to say he has a mysterious injury which puts him on the IL and then needs at least a month in a minor league assignment

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We probably would have lost anyway but Almonte turned a high scoring close game into a rout

They need to say he has a mysterious injury which puts him on the IL and then needs at least a month in a minor league assignment
Yep. Way to waste Freddy's 300th HR and Grand Slam to make the game close.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very sad to say that the Dodgers crossed a line for me. I quit the Dodgers and MLB on this date 5/23/2024. I will think fondly of the Vin Scully Dodgers for the rest of my life.
Out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I am very sad to say that the Dodgers crossed a line for me. I quit the Dodgers and MLB on this date 5/23/2024. I will think fondly of the Vin Scully Dodgers for the rest of my life.
Out.

“You son of a…!”

Bobby Miller.

Tano

Legend
Out.
So 1 year exactly from now?

Tano

Legend
Now an 8 1 lead is a perfect time to send in Almonte - no pressure really with that lead

And he responded with 3 strike outs - maybe that will give him some confidence going from here on out

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So 1 year exactly from now?
No Tano, I'm done. I am a Christian and they offended me deeply. I also could never be a fan of any other team that I grew up with, so I am done with MLB.

Tano

Legend
No Tano, I'm done. I am a Christian and they offended me deeply. I also could never be a fan of any other team that I grew up with, so I am done with MLB.
What exactly did they do?

Tano

Legend
What exactly did they do?
Ok I read what they did and although I am not a practicing Christian (I follow the beliefs), I would get banned for my thoughts on this crap.

Tano

Legend
Well the Dodgers bring back Alex Vesia and um yeah - big surprise - gives up 2 runs in 2/3 of an inning and tries his best to give up a 3 run lead in the 7th

Big mistake bringing him back - he needs to stay down in the minors until he finds his stuff back

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Bobby Miller looked good tonight. If it weren't for that 27 pitch first inning he might have gone 7. German matched him though. 1-1 after 7. Good game.

Tano

Legend
Our bullpen needs an upgrade - we definitely need a closer that we can count on

Tano

Legend
Well Taylor Scott looks good so far - that's a plus
Well Taylor Scott was only good for 2 outings ... doh

And why oh why does Roberts use Almonte and Vesia in close games.

The bullpen was rested after a day off and Gonsolin's outing.

No way should those two be called upon in close games

They both need to go to the minors to work out their kinks

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The bullpen is terrible. If the starter leaves after 6 innings you can pretty much pencil in 3 or 4 runs given up over the final 3 innings. And it doesn't matter who they throw out there. Last night it was 5 runs in the next two innings after the new kid Sheehan threw 6 shutout innings. If they can't find someone they can rely on I would expect them to keep losing and end up being a .500 team. A far cry from where they were the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.