2023 Dodger Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tano

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dodgers will be lucky to make the playoffs with all the injuries they have suffered (especially in the starting rotation) and how bad their bullpen has been so far.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Dodgers will be lucky to make the playoffs with all the injuries they have suffered (especially in the starting rotation) and how bad their bullpen has been so far.
Did you see the last two pitches of last night's game? That ump needs a demotion.

Tano

Legend
Did you see the last two pitches of last night's game? That ump needs a demotion.
No but it wouldn't surprise me

All I know is injuries have done in the Dodgers this year

Tano

Legend
And I have to ask - why are the umps so terrible lately - they never used to be this bad

Tano

Legend
No but it wouldn't surprise me

All I know is injuries have done in the Dodgers this year
Well it looks like the Dodger's hitters are going to pave the way for them this year if they have any chance of making the playoffs

Averaging 5.5 runs a game should be much higher than 13 games over 500 though

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know how the Dodgers have a winning record. Most starting pitchers are on the DL. May and Buehler are done till next year. If that. Two returning starters, Urias and Gonsolin are struggling big time. Both with ERA's near 5. Two rookies, Miller and Sheehan, started nicely but now are struggling too. How they can even play .500 with that is beyond me. We'll see if all that catches up to them in the last couple months.

Tano

Legend
I don't know how the Dodgers have a winning record. Most starting pitchers are on the DL. May and Buehler are done till next year. If that. Two returning starters, Urias and Gonsolin are struggling big time. Both with ERA's near 5. Two rookies, Miller and Sheehan, started nicely but now are struggling too. How they can even play .500 with that is beyond me. We'll see if all that catches up to them in the last couple months.
They win when they scored at minimum 6 runs. Otherwise - nope.

Lance Lynn and Gonsolin just had good outings and they got a decent left hander I guess from the Royals so hopefully our starters will be a little better at least.

In addition, they almost got the Guardians pitcher but he turned down the trade. Didn't want to move his family to LA I guess which I can't really blame him for since California has gone down the tubes lately (and that is as far as I will comment on California because I will definitely get banned if I start on why California has gone down the tubes). But I will say both my brother and sister moved to Arizona and are happy they got the heck out of California.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Happy that the Cardinals sold high on their free agents to be (Genesis Cabrera, Jordan Hicks, Jordan Montgomery, Paul DeJong, and Jack Flaherty). We got a potential TotR pitcher (along with Markevian “Tink” Hence) in Tekoah Roby (Texas Rangers), a couple of solid mid rotation pitchers to compete with Michael McGreevy, Gordon Graceffo, Matthew Liberatore, and Zack Thompson (Sem Robberse (Blue Jays), Adam Kloffenstein (also Blue Jays), potentially Zack Showalter (Orioles), but since he’s only nineteen, and in High-A - with a huge K-rate - he could be anything from a TotR arm to bullpen or nothing at all.), a major league ready bottom rotation lefty (Drew Rom, Orioles.), a young bullpen arm (Matt Svanson, Blue Jays), an older bullpen arm (John King, Texas Rangers), and two utility infielders with huge potential - much like Donovan and Edman have (Thomas Saggese (Rangers) and Cesar Prieto (Orioles).

I love what we did, and if we could package some of our others into top prospects (Ryan Helsley, Dylan Carlson, Tyler O’Neill, Tommy Edman, maybe Brendan Donovan?) and get a top pick in next year’s class, I might get excited about the Cardinals as much as I am with the Rams: better to lose young than lose old.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They win when they scored at minimum 6 runs. Otherwise - nope.

Lance Lynn and Gonsolin just had good outings and they got a decent left hander I guess from the Royals so hopefully our starters will be a little better at least.

In addition, they almost got the Guardians pitcher but he turned down the trade. Didn't want to move his family to LA I guess which I can't really blame him for since California has gone down the tubes lately (and that is as far as I will comment on California because I will definitely get banned if I start on why California has gone down the tubes). But I will say both my brother and sister moved to Arizona and are happy they got the heck out of California.
They didn't get an impact type ace in Lynn. But he does eat up innings. Which is good for the bullpen. Hopefully Urias and Gonsolin get their issues straightened out. They're both better than 4.5 era type guys. Maybe Kershaw returns and helps with the innings too. He's usually good for 6.

This team doesn't appear to have the shut down pitchers you need in the playoffs. But you never know. Sometimes guys step up at the right time. We'll see. They gotta get that division first.

Tano

Legend
Well typical Dodgers last night - if they don't score a bunch of runs - just give it up because either the starters or bullpen will lose it if they don't have at minimum a 5 run lead

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well typical Dodgers last night - if they don't score a bunch of runs - just give it up because either the starters or bullpen will lose it if they don't have at minimum a 5 run lead
The bullpen has been better lately. Just not last night. It started when Almonte couldn't throw strikes and loaded the bases. Then the wheels came off.

If I'm a Padres fan I'd be more than disappointed. A lot of people picked them to not only win the division but to represent the NL in the World Series. Here they are with over 100 games played and not over .500. If there was an underachieving team that would be the one so far. They have work to do if they want to make the playoffs.

I wondered if Arizona could sustain that pace they had the first half. Now they're in a free fall. 7.5 games behind the Dodgers now after spending most the first half in first place. They're in danger falling below .500 if they don't right the ship pretty quick.

Right now it looks like its down to the Dodgers and Giants going into the last couple months. Giants have enough pitching to keep pressure on the Dodgers. Should be an interesting final 55 games.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Kelly doesn't look like an enforcer type but he sure does have a mean streak in him. Padres needed to win at least 3 of the 4 games. Instead, they lose 3 of the 4 games. If there is an underachiever award they would have my vote. Just about everyone picked them to win the division. Some even had them making the World Series.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kelly doesn't look like an enforcer type but he sure does have a mean streak in him. Padres needed to win at least 3 of the 4 games. Instead, they lose 3 of the 4 games. If there is an underachiever award they would have my vote. Just about everyone picked them to win the division. Some even had them making the World Series.
As I like to call them, Sham Diego.

Always hyped just like their sister franchises the Chargers and the Clippers. And they always fall flat of the hype.

Tano

Legend
Our bullpen tried to lose it last night

I swear if we don't have at minimum a 3 run lead in the 9th inning - we are going to lose

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As I like to call them, Sham Diego.

Always hyped just like their sister franchises the Chargers and the Clippers. And they always fall flat of the hype.
I remember when the Clippers tried to convince everyone they were LA's team. Still haven't even been to a finals much less win one.

The Chargers tried to win the battle for LA. Another team who never won a championship. The one time they got that far they were blown out. Losing a big lead in last year's playoffs to a marginal team ain't gonna convince many you should be LA's team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodger message boards in shambles, don't know how to act for the day after 3 no hit innings from the bullpen :D

Tano

Legend
This was a rare win for them

I looked it up and they have only won 8 times this year when they score fewer than 4 runs in a game and only 11 games when they score fewer than 5 runs

In the playoffs, it is rare for a team to score 5 runs in a game

We are in trouble when we get to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.