OFFICIAL 2022 Rams Training Camp Thread (General News and Notes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are we assuming they won't dress Wolford or something? I don't see why they wouldn't give Wolford at least some snaps in preseason and have him dressed for emergencies.
He will be dressed with no intention to play. They logistically have to dress two.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes but question was what if Perkins got injured now that Perez is gone... I'd think Wolford would be the one to step in and they just revert to some simple, safe plays to run out the clock as fast as possible.
Wolford would have to play.

LA1980

UDFA
Are we assuming they won't dress Wolford or something? I don't see why they wouldn't give Wolford at least some snaps in preseason and have him dressed for emergencies.
It is beyond silly that wolfprd does not get heavy play in preseason. I am not altogether certain he won’t play Saturday, but if not, that is ridiculous, in my opinion.

Tano

Legend
I don't think McVay would want to play Wolford in the preseason due to possible injuries.

And I think McVay would be very upset if he was forced to play Wolford.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nelson Spruce 2.0

enjoyed what the kid put on tape but we need to see more against better competition before we crown him the next Spruce.

No. Not at all.

McCutcheon is a significant step up, athletically.. just a different beast who will make a real impact on special teams that Spruce wasn't built for.

I loved Spruce, but this ain't that, imo.

Yeah, Very similar emotional response from roddies and first game performance.
If I remember right Spruce got injured and that slowed his p.s climb. McCutchen being a physical mismatch adds a bit of intrigue for me.
I certainly was enamored by Spruce that first game too though and we all know how that turned out.

Let's see what happens o er the next couple weeks, so far so good for the kid.

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Awkward Bye Bye GIF
LOL my post in there wondering what another young WR who never was healthy could have done hahaha

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Awkward Bye Bye GIF
Ouch what an ahole I was…

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams-Texans: 5 players to watch on offense and defense

Logan Bruss and the offensive line struggled last week - can they bounce back versus Houston?

By JB Scott Aug 17, 2022,
3 - Logan Bruss, OG
Logan Bruss had a rough start last week, especially in pass protection; however, it seemed the rookie got better as the game went out. It doesn’t seem the Rams are planning to cross-train Bruss - he’s preparing for a role at RG. Likely he will be the primary backup to Coleman Shelton this season, but he might not be as pro-ready as originally thought.

4 - AJ Jackson, OL

Juxtaposed to Bruss, AJ Jackson is being cross-training as the team’s swing tackle and potentially the backup LG. This gives the teams options should one of the starting linemen go down with an injury. As it current sits, if Coleman Shelton misses time Bruss would come in at RG. If Brian Allen were injured, Shelton would shift to center and Bruss would play RG. If either Joseph Noteboom (LT), Rob Havenstein (RT), or David Edwards (LG) is hurt, Jackson could fill in. This potentially allows the Rams to only keep 7 linemen active on gameday, which could provide flexibility at more deep positions such as the secondary or receiving corps.........

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams-Texans: 5 players to watch on offense and defense

Logan Bruss and the offensive line struggled last week - can they bounce back versus Houston?

By JB Scott Aug 17, 2022,
3 - Logan Bruss, OG
Logan Bruss had a rough start last week, especially in pass protection; however, it seemed the rookie got better as the game went out. It doesn’t seem the Rams are planning to cross-train Bruss - he’s preparing for a role at RG. Likely he will be the primary backup to Coleman Shelton this season, but he might not be as pro-ready as originally thought.

4 - AJ Jackson, OL

Juxtaposed to Bruss, AJ Jackson is being cross-training as the team’s swing tackle and potentially the backup LG. This gives the teams options should one of the starting linemen go down with an injury. As it current sits, if Coleman Shelton misses time Bruss would come in at RG. If Brian Allen were injured, Shelton would shift to center and Bruss would play RG. If either Joseph Noteboom (LT), Rob Havenstein (RT), or David Edwards (LG) is hurt, Jackson could fill in. This potentially allows the Rams to only keep 7 linemen active on gameday, which could provide flexibility at more deep positions such as the secondary or receiving corps.........
Unless Logan Bruss figures out how to pass rush & handle stunts better I do not see him suiting up anytime soon this upcoming regular season. Much has been said & written on Alaric Jackson & Tremayne Anchrum being heavily cross-trained by the OL coaches in four OL positions.

Barring injury AJ & TA will be the two main active OL'ers when the Regular season opens up. Yes, McVay will remain very pleased with the progress of his top draft selecion Logan Bruss, while he & Jeremiah Kolone standing on the sideline in shorts with the other PS OL'ers AJ Arcuri/ Jack Snyder & Max Pircher.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Unless Logan Bruss figures out how to pass rush & handle stunts better I do not see him suiting up anytime soon this upcoming regular season. Much has been said & written on Alaric Jackson & Tremayne Anchrum being heavily cross-trained by the OL coaches in four OL positions.

Barring injury AJ & TA will be the two main active OL'ers when the Regular season opens up. Yes, McVay will remain very pleased with the progress of his top draft selecion Logan Bruss, while he & Jeremiah Kolone standing on the sideline in shorts with the other PS OL'ers AJ Arcuri/ Jack Snyder & Max Pircher.
This is where the good money lands right now.

What we don't know is how quickly the light comes on for Bruss. If he figures it out and can handle RG.. that'll make it Shelton and Jackson as the two backups on gameday.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm really struggling to understand McVay's decision to not play The Wolf during preseason. He certainly could use the live reps. Yes, I know injuries are a concern and all, but, QB's are likely the least apt to be injured in games and, god forbid, what if Stafford goes down? Wolford needs some real life reps against guys that want to rip his head off. Give him 2 series at start of the game and then let Perk play out.