OFFICIAL 2022 Rams Training Camp Thread (General News and Notes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's kinda true.

From what I've read... Teams can have up to 48 active on game day... IF they have 8 OL active. If they only have 47 active, they can have 7 OL active.
Prudence and smart roster management will have teams likely keeping 7 or 8 OL active on gamedays but the NFL does not mandate this.

Tano

Legend
It's kinda true.

From what I've read... Teams can have up to 48 active on game day... IF they have 8 OL active. If they only have 47 active, they can have 7 OL active.
Why would they want to drop their active list from 48 to 47? Doesn't affect pay so I am just curious.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Why would they want to drop their active list from 48 to 47? Doesn't affect pay so I am just curious.
I don't think the Game-day active status impacts compensation.

If a player is on the 53 man-roster, his comp is the same regardless of whether he is active on Game-day. Practice Squad players make less but they are not on the 53.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Prudence and smart roster management will have teams likely keeping 7 or 8 OL active on gamedays but the NFL does not mandate this.
You know what, I see what I interpreted wrong. Thanks.

It only says you can have UP TO 48 dressed.. as long as 8 of them are OL.

Tano

Legend
I don't think the Game-day active status impacts compensation.

If a player is on the 53 man-roster, his comp is the same regardless of whether he is active on Game-day. Practice Squad players make less but they are not on the 53.
I thought so.

Just weird that a team would go from 48 to 47 for any reason

Psycho_X

Legend
With the emergence of McCutcheon, the need for OBJ decreases. The Rams are 6 deep at WR though I think they will carry 7, Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson, Skowronek, McCutcheon, Tutu, and Harris. By the end of the season, I think McCutcheon jumps Skowronek on the depth chart. With his drive and work ethic, I can see McCutcheon developing quickly.
Powell? Seems to be a lock since he's not playing and McVay specifically pointed out he wasn't going to play in preseason. Seems like it's down to Harris or McCutcheon if we're only keeping 7. Unless a trade comes out of no where for someone.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We’ve already seen more from McCutcheon than we’ve seen from Harris since he was drafted.
jada pinkett smith that part GIF by Red Table Talk