OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Without looking it up, I would assume some restructuring in the past helped create that hit.

Okay.. so, I looked it up... $13 million is from a restructure.
edit

Yeah for some reason I was thinking you quoted on Wentz forgot about Ryan. This year and next there's a $13.6 million cap hit for restructures. Kicked the can down the road.

Last edited:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I think it's very possible that Stafford's extension ends up around 30m per year.
I would be ecstatic if he signed for that number. I see it being closer to $38M minimum. And I wouldn’t begrudge him a cent of it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I would be ecstatic if he signed for that number. I see it being closer to $38M minimum. And I wouldn’t begrudge him a cent of it.
To be clear, I wouldn't either.
I just really think that this situation, with Stafford's previous career earnings and the incredible success he had in one season with the Rams, will change that.
I would imagine there has to be *some* endorsement money pop for him as well.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I just really think that this situation, with Stafford's previous career earnings and the incredible success he had in one season with the Rams, will change that.
I hope you’re right.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Losing Marpet is a significant hit.

The Bucs' starting center (Jensen) and starting RG (Cappa) are both UFAs.

When Cappa was injured late in 2020, he was replaced by Aaron Stinnie. He's an UFA.

That's Tampa's entire OL-interior and top reserve. Their 3rd-OT (Wells) is also an UFA.

Buccaneers' Pro Bowl guard Ali Marpet announces retirement after seven seasons​

Published: Feb 27, 2022
Ali Marpet is coming off the best season of his career. He plans for it to be his last.
The Buccaneers guard announced via Instagram on Sunday that he is retiring from the NFL. The 28-year-old Marpet was a Pro Bowler in 2021, his seventh season.

"After seven formidable years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I've come to the decision to retire from the game that has given me so much," he posted. "This organization and the people surrounding it have helped not only fulfill a dream, but also helped build me into the person I am today. I've made Tampa Bay my home and I look forward to serving this community in the coming years. To the coaches and teammates, family and friends, an Instagram post simply can't express the profound impact you've had on me. I'm eternally grateful. Thank you Tampa Bay."

The Bucs claimed Marpet in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft, making him the first player selected from Hobart College since 1937, and the highest-drafted Division III prospect of all time. Tampa Bay was richly rewarded for its risk. Marpet started in all 101 games he appeared in, serving at both guard and center, while missing just 12 games. In 2020, he was part of the stout offensive line that protected Tom Brady and helped propel the Bucs to the Super Bowl LV crown.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He gets the endorsement pop either way
I cant see him signing for under 40 mill, which would still be considered "discount"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
FA means you gonna overpay.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think they're letting hooper go so njoku will be their #1 te.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think they're letting hooper go so njoku will be their #1 te.

Browns gonna Brown...
They have Njoku on the roster, throw the money at Hooper, draft Bryant, and dont trade DN when he was a commodity. Now? Hooper is a quasi bust, Bryant is just meh and now they'll have to drastically overpay the guy they've had all along....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Browns gonna Brown...
They have Njoku on the roster, throw the money at Hooper, draft Bryant, and dont trade DN when he was a commodity. Now? Hooper is a quasi bust, Bryant is just meh and now they'll have to drastically overpay the guy they've had all along....
I like Hooper, but agree Browns overpaid and now they keep the guy, they've should have focused on all along.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Browns gonna Brown...
Hooper was good in Atlanta. It begs the question. Is it Mayfield? The Browns? The offense?

Maybe Odell can get Hooper to insist he be released so that he could join the Rams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That makes 3 big targets positioned on the WR depth chart in him, Skow, and Harris. The latter two are dogs on teams too. Suggest you work your teams involvement Mr. Jackson.