OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
My one worry with Miller is Denver. Say they make a big QB trade - wouldn’t coming back home to Denver like that be very interesting to Miller?
I was think among these lines, but you also have to understand how big of a selling point the city of LA is alone. Many of the players have said it, including Miller. Life is different when you're playing a 80 degree playoff game and not a frozen tundra in Denver.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB pay is fucking stupid. Enjoy your $40m per year and copious amounts of losing Carr.

I hope Stafford is smart enough and at that stage in his career where he is more concerned with wins than making the most money.

LA1980

UDFA
QB pay is fucking stupid. Enjoy your $40m per year and copious amounts of losing Carr.

I hope Stafford is smart enough and at that stage in his career where he is more concerned with wins than making the most money.
I mean, I get the sentiment, but Brady is, I think the very lone example of this and he married a super model worth $100M. It is a truism that people can always spend what they make, no matter how high it gets. And he signed a big contract when $25M was top of market, but if he forgoes $60M (say AAV $30M vs $45M over 4 years) I would be shocked.

IMO, for 99% of players, they treat it like business and always want to maximize earnings and “I play to win” is facile cliche talk they know they are supposed to say. They want to win, but they want to get paid more, because that is certain, winning is not and it is a measure of worth (whether we wish it were so, or not). And if that is true (big if, I suppose), it follows that each and every one of us would be exactly the same.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I have always liked Carr he has been on some crap teams I like his skills leadership and I think he is underated. He is better than a lot of qbs in the league. For instance put him on Tennessee instead of Tannehill and presto. To me he makes top 15. Don't forgot some qbs make crazy money and aren't even in the top 20 or maybe 25 rt now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have always liked Carr he has been on some crap teams I like his skills leadership and I think he is underated. He is better than a lot of qbs in the league. For instance put him on Tennessee instead of Tannehill and presto. To me he makes top 15. Don't forgot some qbs make crazy money and aren't even in the top 20 or maybe 25 rt now.
Yeah, I would take Carr over a lot of others in the league right now. He hangs in the pocket tough, good touch on different throws and with the right circumstances could certainly go deep in the playoffs. Seems like a great guy from a good family.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
I think most people would accept a little less money for a job they enjoy vs an unknown.. but to a point. I bet Stafford doesn't break the bank, but he will want to be in the ballpark of what other guys are signing for.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Brady never got paid a penny less than these other QB, dont kid yourself. Like every other cheating method used by the Pats, they circumnavigated the cap by paying him side cash from the on site merchandise sales

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Brady never got paid a penny less than these other QB, dont kid yourself. Like every other cheating method used by the Pats, they circumnavigated the cap by paying him side cash from the on site merchandise sales

Stafford should start his well being company and call it MS09 and the Rams could send the whole team there to get treatment.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, I get the sentiment, but Brady is, I think the very lone example of this and he married a super model worth $100M. It is a truism that people can always spend what they make, no matter how high it gets. And he signed a big contract when $25M was top of market, but if he forgoes $60M (say AAV $30M vs $45M over 4 years) I would be shocked.

IMO, for 99% of players, they treat it like business and always want to maximize earnings and “I play to win” is facile cliche talk they know they are supposed to say. They want to win, but they want to get paid more, because that is certain, winning is not and it is a measure of worth (whether we wish it were so, or not). And if that is true (big if, I suppose), it follows that each and every one of us would be exactly the same.
Yeah I don't blame the players btw. It's the NFL and the way it's trended with so much being tied into having a QB who can juggle the reads and responsibilities in real time while making throws.

The good thing here is that all this shit makes it more valuable to be a team with an owner and front office who can afford being "cap creative" and constantly playing with numbers with payouts and whatnot. Also it favors teams with head coaches who are rockstars and will attract cheap FAs who are cut or available here and there to take a shot at a ring.

But all that aside it really irritates me to see one position group dominate the market like that. And it's going to keep going up until we see teams fall apart and not be able to field good teams because of it.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think it's very possible that Stafford's extension ends up around 30m per year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I don't blame the players btw. It's the NFL and the way it's trended with so much being tied into having a QB who can juggle the reads and responsibilities in real time while making throws.

The good thing here is that all this shit makes it more valuable to be a team with an owner and front office who can afford being "cap creative" and constantly playing with numbers with payouts and whatnot. Also it favors teams with head coaches who are rockstars and will attract cheap FAs who are cut or available here and there to take a shot at a ring.

But all that aside it really irritates me to see one position group dominate the market like that. And it's going to keep going up until we see teams fall apart and not be able to field good teams because of it.
The NFL wanted more offense and a QB centric sport. Be careful what you wish for.