OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, the Rams get criticized for going "all in" and then suffering the consequences later, but what is the alternative? Cincy is now entering the phase where all of their young studs are entering contract extension time.
There's no way to build a championship type team without having: a) flaws in the roster, b) long term financial/draft consequences and c) Franchise QB paid leaving less $$ for those who make him successful

"um, you forgot, CHEATING"
- Bill Belechick

The alternative is to get all the draft picks available, then a couple years later realize most of them aren't gonna pan out, so you cut them or trade them for more lower round picks that also will end up else where in a couple years.

Then you can scream for the GM and coach to get fired, except during that one random season where you have a "bright future" and "building things the right way" while seeing your favorite loser team fight for the last wild card spot.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVay undoubtedly has some serious wood over that one. Doubt we could afford the move but would not rule it out because the Rams are cap magicians. We do have a first rounder next year.

Didn’t see a whole lot of Higgins,but I saw a play late & he looks SLOW!! IMO I’d pass big time on him,not too him.
Don’t get me started though,I’m just going to continue Drinking the Kool-aide. - Go Rams

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
McVay undoubtedly has some serious wood over that one. Doubt we could afford the move but would not rule it out because the Rams are cap magicians. We do have a first rounder next year.
As much as I like Higgins dear God please no.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Sorry, going to be doing these since it's the off season. What say you to signing a possible cap casualty such as Kennan Allen to a 1 year prove it deal? As I said before, just shooting the shit here and even if I sound like I'm saying we should, I honestly don't care if we do or don't hahahaha

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If the price is right, sign me up for another season of OBj. 1 year prove-it deal loaded with big incentives.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sorry, going to be doing these since it's the off season. What say you to signing a possible cap casualty such as Kennan Allen to a 1 year prove it deal? As I said before, just shooting the shit here and even if I sound like I'm saying we should, I honestly don't care if we do or don't hahahaha
I understand 'shooting the shit' posts. I enjoy them and contribute to them. However, I have to consider the player, or (if it's a trade scenario) the other team's viewpoint.

Why would Keenan Allen sign a 'one-year prove it deal'?

Before this season, he went to five consecutive Pro Bowls, and missed a total of three games. He's terrific and durable. He may have missed seven games this season ... Cooper Kupp missed eight. Allen is one year older than Kupp.

Sounds like the Chargers will need to create some cap space; and it's been suggested Keenan Allen could be released. If that happens, there should be a number of teams lined-up with huge contract offers.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I understand 'shooting the shit' posts. I enjoy them and contribute to them. However, I have to consider the player, or (if it's a trade scenario) the other team's viewpoint.

Why would Keenan Allen sign a 'one-year prove it deal'?

Before this season, he went to five consecutive Pro Bowls, and missed a total of three games. He's terrific and durable. He may have missed seven games this season ... Cooper Kupp missed eight. Allen is one year older than Kupp.

Sounds like the Chargers will need to create some cap space; and it's been suggested Keenan Allen could be released. If that happens, there should be a number of teams lined-up with huge contract offers.
Well we can sell him on the don't need to move sales pitch plus maybe he's tired of losing and if we give him a nice amount he may look at it as a investment to get paid even more when the cap goes up the year after. Maybe we trade Allen Robinson to make room for him. Whenever Snead and McVay are taken into consideration, anything is possible. Pew pew.....caca shot :laugh3:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, he'll likely be released, 19 mill or 9.5 dead cap hit? Easy answer. I like the thought here. Maybe he sticks it to the club by moving to the locker room across the hall

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
A wide receiver that may need to sign a "one-year / Prove It" deal this off-season (not with the Rams) would be Kenny Golladay. Over the past three years, Golladay has been injured a lot; and, when he has played, he was horse-shit ... with a bad attitude.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
A wide receiver that may need to sign a "one-year / Prove It" deal this off-season (not with the Rams) would be Kenny Golladay. Over the past three years, Golladay has been injured a lot; and, when he has played, he was horse-shit ... with a bad attitude.
Yeah I'd definitely pass on that one there. That guy's time has definitely passed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Giants got to hang on to him for another year though, unless I missed something

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Giants got to hang on to him for another year though, unless I missed something
Living here in NY, I would be shocked if the Giants do not release Golladay.

The prior GM (Dave Gettleman) put the current brain-trust in terrible cap shape trying to save his job.

Last year, the Giants cut two of their best DBs (Logan Ryan and James Bradberry) for cap relief, and still took over $24M of Dead-$ in 2022 on those two players alone.

According to OTC, the Giants would have $7.9M of Dead-$ in 2023 with a post-June 1 release of Golladay but would also save $13.5M of cap space. After Ryan and Bradberry, those numbers will look good to the Giants.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Living here in NY, I would be shocked if the Giants do not release Golladay.

The prior GM (Dave Gettleman) put the current brain-trust in terrible cap shape trying to save his job.

Last year, the Giants cut two of their best DBs (Logan Ryan and James Bradberry) for cap relief, and still took over $24M of Dead-$ in 2022 on those two players alone.

According to OTC, the Giants would have $7.9M of Dead-$ in 2023 with a post-June 1 release of Golladay but would also save $13.5M of cap space. After Ryan and Bradberry, those numbers will look good to the Giants.
A post June 1 release only means they split the dead cap over 2 years though. So they'll "save" 13 mill in dead cap in 2023 but still have 7 mill of dead cap in 2024. Still and all, Golladay will make a minimum of 5 mill in 2023 whether he plays or not, so a cheap 1 year for a guy like him could be in the cards for a team willing to take that gamble if he's released.
I dont know, for a team so depleted in WR talent, it might be wise to see if he turns things around with the current environment

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
While I like Allen, he looks like another in the mold of Kupp. If he would take a deal like that, and I agree A2M, why would he??? There will be plenty of teams backing up the truck loaded to pay him.

White is an interesting back up, he looked good from what I saw and his former coach is here now. I wonder if that might have been discussed during interviews???