OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lot easier Said-than-Done.

Nelson was the 6th-overall-pick; and Guards like him very rarely hit free agency ... like never.

it's sickening that when the rams were in position to pick a stud lineman their picks have been fucking jason smith and greg robinson.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
it's sickening that when the rams were in position to pick a stud lineman their picks have been fucking jason smith and greg robinson.
Yes.

Good examples of why teams picking in the top-10 should Always (almost?) go with value over position/need.

That 2009 Draft (top-10 after Stafford) was really bad.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes.

Good examples of why teams picking in the top-10 should Always (almost?) go with value over position/need.

That 2009 Draft (top-10 after Stafford) was really bad.

yeah they were between a rock and a hard place in 09. just lamenting on their luck

they had plenty of choices in 13 and chose the worst one. surely they interviewed him and must have known it would be a bad idea.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

somewhere @Corbin is crying himself to sleep over these state of affairs.

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1569759191631364096

FWIW I was never a fan and many went crazy that the Rams drafted Sam Sloman over the Georgia Product who went undrafted.

I never thought Blankenship had the leg, however, great story, name & look that's for sure. Again I'm sure he'll get another chance, but I bet the Colts go with Josh Lambo moving forward and again I'm just happy the Rams found Matt Gay FWIW was on the Colts practice squad when the Rams signed him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW I was never a fan and many went crazy that the Rams drafted Sam Sloman over the Georgia Product who went undrafted.

I never thought Blankenship had the leg, however, great story, name & look that's for sure. Again I'm sure he'll get another chance, but I bet the Colts go with Josh Lambo moving forward and again I'm just happy the Rams found Matt Gay FWIW was on the Colts practice squad when the Rams signed him.
Yeah leg strength was an issue with him, hit the short ones but not much else.

Psycho_X

Legend
I won't stand for the slander of these two professional athletes at the peak of human athletics and performance.
1663098164970.png
1663098196062.png

Tano

Legend

Well Sam Sloman sucked from the very get go. I would have rather have gone with Blankenship over Sloman in that draft.

But I am really glad that the Rams found Gay after Sloman was let go.

In hind sight, it is a good thing the Rams didn't draft Blankenship.

But I am still pissed over the drafting of .. over .......

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well Sam Sloman sucked from the very get go. I would have rather have gone with Blankenship over Sloman in that draft.

But I am really glad that the Rams found Gay after Sloman was let go.

In hind sight, it is a good thing the Rams didn't draft Blankenship.

But I am still pissed over the drafting of .. over .......
FWIW I loved Slinging Sam Sloman. I found it amusing that on the kickoff and he lined up way back almost to the opposing end zone it seemed like to get momentum and still struggled to kick it out of the end zone.
1663101483015.png

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams sign long snapper to practice squad, make 2 other roster moves​

Cameron DaSilva
September 13, 2022

1663109431423.png

In the aftermath of their Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills, the Los Angeles Rams have begun making some necessary roster moves before hosting the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. They made three roster moves on Tuesday afternoon, primarily pertaining to the practice squad.

They added a long snapper to the practice squad, placing Dan Isom on the practice squad injured list to free up a spot. They also put Kyren Williams on injured reserve, as expected, which will cause him to miss at least the next four games.

Below are the three moves made by Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Sign LS Matt Overton to practice squad​

The Rams added long snapper Matt Overton to their practice squad, a move in response to Matt Orzech’s injury. Orzech suffered a calf strain in the Week 1 loss to Buffalo, and while the Rams expect him to be ready to play against the Falcons, he’s not 100% healthy.

By signing Overton, they at least have a backup option if Orzech can’t go. They’ll have the option to elevate Overton to the active roster this weekend. He snapped for the Chargers last season and spent 2017 and 2018 with the Jaguars when Joe DeCamillis was there.

Place Dan Isom on practice squad injured list​

Isom has been put on the practice squad injured list with an undisclosed injury. This opens up a spot on the practice squad, which the Rams filled by signing Overton. It’s unclear what Isom’s injury is or when it occurred but he was not active for Week 1 so it must’ve happened in practice sometime.

Place Kyren Williams on IR​

Williams has been put on injured reserve with a high ankle sprain, which he’s having surgery for. McVay estimates that Williams will miss 6-8 weeks, and by being placed on IR, he cannot return until sitting out at least four games.

This was an expected move so it’s hardly surprising. His injury occurred on a kickoff return against the Bills last week.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Rams sign long snapper to practice squad, make 2 other roster moves​

Cameron DaSilva
September 13, 2022

View attachment 56431

In the aftermath of their Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills, the Los Angeles Rams have begun making some necessary roster moves before hosting the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. They made three roster moves on Tuesday afternoon, primarily pertaining to the practice squad.

They added a long snapper to the practice squad, placing Dan Isom on the practice squad injured list to free up a spot. They also put Kyren Williams on injured reserve, as expected, which will cause him to miss at least the next four games.

Below are the three moves made by Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Sign LS Matt Overton to practice squad​

The Rams added long snapper Matt Overton to their practice squad, a move in response to Matt Orzech’s injury. Orzech suffered a calf strain in the Week 1 loss to Buffalo, and while the Rams expect him to be ready to play against the Falcons, he’s not 100% healthy.

By signing Overton, they at least have a backup option if Orzech can’t go. They’ll have the option to elevate Overton to the active roster this weekend. He snapped for the Chargers last season and spent 2017 and 2018 with the Jaguars when Joe DeCamillis was there.

Place Dan Isom on practice squad injured list​

Isom has been put on the practice squad injured list with an undisclosed injury. This opens up a spot on the practice squad, which the Rams filled by signing Overton. It’s unclear what Isom’s injury is or when it occurred but he was not active for Week 1 so it must’ve happened in practice sometime.

Place Kyren Williams on IR​

Williams has been put on injured reserve with a high ankle sprain, which he’s having surgery for. McVay estimates that Williams will miss 6-8 weeks, and by being placed on IR, he cannot return until sitting out at least four games.

This was an expected move so it’s hardly surprising. His injury occurred on a kickoff return against the Bills last week.
Wouldn't the above moves open-up a spot on the 53?