OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Oday Aboushi was signed to the Rams practice squad. He plays guard. Coming off an ACL tear from last year.
It does seem a bit of a change here with Snead....instead of picking off rookies or younger OL'ers from another team's PS, or recent cuts early, in the past looking for young prospective groomable interior OL'ers......he has gone the opposite direction going for an older worn down recently injured veteran OL'er to blend into his younger OL unit.

Guess it gives us clues why he decided to keep a poorly performing veteran OL'er like Bobby Evans. It would point or bring us to conclude there is a concern over the inexperience of this 2022 OL unit.

This is what I found somewhat unsettling & disturbing :oops::confused: about this 2022 OL situation.....in truth it took only one injury to a nonstarting OL'er (Logan Bruss) early in the preseason for the Rams to come to a conclusion that Evans was now a valuable commodity to keep this OL from self-destruction at the start of the regular season.

I am happy to see Snead add veteran Oday Aboushi to this OL unit & hope that this ex-OT now OG can help this young interior OL much more than the OT (non-OG) Evans.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It does seem a bit of a change here with Snead....instead of picking off rookies or younger OL'ers from another team's PS, or recent cuts early, he has gone the opposite direction going for an older worn down recently injured veteran OL'er to blend into his younger OL unit.

Guess it gives us clues why he decided to keep a poorly performing veteran OL'er like Booby Evans. It would point or bring us to conclude there is a concern over the inexperience of this 2022 OL unit.

Just think of it, took only one injury to a nonstarting OL'er unit (Logan Bruss) early in the preseason for the Rams to come to a conclusion that Evans was now a valuable commodity to keep this OL from self-destruction.

I am happy to see Snead add veteran Oday Aboushi to this OL unit & hope that this ex-OT now OG can help this young interior OL much more that the OT Evans.
I believe at times that McSnead gets too wrapped up in their system, and that it doesn’t always need to apply to every position.

They paid the star players on Oline (ORT and OLT) then put filler in the middle. It’s similar to what they do at DB. When they knew they were losing Whitworth the system had a leak. I get that they believed in Noteboom but he’s no Whitworth.

I’d go even further and say they need a better interior guy to go along with both OTs. Once they decided to go with Noteboom, in hopes of developing Alaric Jackson, they should have brought in a guard to balance things out. Had they drafted Humphries then there’s be no need. But as is this Oline looks weak at 4/5 positions. They gambled at a spot that I hate gambling on.

I also hated them sitting Kendrick and starting Long. I still have no faith in David Long.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What about Robert Rochell? I was hoping that this was going to be his breakout year.
Agreed. Sometimes pure physical talent can outweigh experience.

I just looked at the snap counts, Rochelle had zero? Durant zero.

I have two theories on this
1. The Rams try to play their soon to be free agents as much as possible, in hopes of getting a decent pick when they leave.
2.McVay didn’t want to show Buffalo everything they have in case they meet again in the Super Bowl. Fuller only had 18 snaps. Rochelle should be ready and he had the best measurables of any corner since Jalen Ramsey. He was injured last season but looked good while playing and has length. :thinking:

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the corners in particular suffered from no preseason for the starters. That basically ensured any juggling of the depth chart would have to wait for the regular season.

Which to me is fine. They know their depth this year is fantastic. So it's not a huge concern, in fact they probably feel real comfortable right now with their corners. I would. Raheem just needs to adjust roles back there, i.e. who is capable of playing on whom, and things should be fine.

Ramsey will be a concern again when we face a team that has a top draw for him. And even then it's going to be about Raheem scheming it up in a way that he can avoid Ramsey being caught 1 on 1 on that top draw with no help. There's a ton of ways for him to do that, it's just about Raheem seeing the truth of it and accepting Ramsey is no longer going to erase those top guys.

Psycho_X

Legend
I didn’t see the fight but I did see people saying Brady started it and should also be suspended?
It was kind of a cluster F from the start of people to blame. Starts with Lattimore motioning and yelling at Bucs sideline. That got Bruce Arians (again wtf was he there?) and some other Bucs coach fired up talking back to him. Lattimore keeps walking and does the same motion with words to Brady and than Fournette... Brady mouths back at Lattimore... Lattimore starts to walk towards Brady... Fournette gets in Lattimores face and so does Brady... meanwhile Arians says something to alert Evans on sideline and he sprints back to field to blindside Lattimore like a little bitch. Scrum ensues.

Sooooo, yeah lol. Technically I think Lattimore started the motion of events but Arians and Brady seemed to be the catalysts to the brawl that happened afterwards.

View: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1571868257056948228?s=20&t=BrbCRiHDtpP62Ro7GN2DwQ

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Evans should have leveled Brady rather than Lattimore, but then he'd likely be suspended for the entire season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the corners in particular suffered from no preseason for the starters. That basically ensured any juggling of the depth chart would have to wait for the regular season.

Which to me is fine. They know their depth this year is fantastic. So it's not a huge concern, in fact they probably feel real comfortable right now with their corners. I would. Raheem just needs to adjust roles back there, i.e. who is capable of playing on whom, and things should be fine.

Ramsey will be a concern again when we face a team that has a top draw for him. And even then it's going to be about Raheem scheming it up in a way that he can avoid Ramsey being caught 1 on 1 on that top draw with no help. There's a ton of ways for him to do that, it's just about Raheem seeing the truth of it and accepting Ramsey is no longer going to erase those top guys.
"I'm that guy, you sumbich!" ~ Ramsey