OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Here's a player I wouldn't mind us signing for depth. He's played very well against us in GB and NYG. If he checks out, we get a solid tackler for depth who knows his run gaps. This would send Hummel to the PS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's a player I wouldn't mind us signing for depth. He's played very well against us in GB and NYG. If he checks out, we get a solid tackler for depth who knows his run gaps. This would send Hummel to the PS.

How is he on special teams? That's what our backup ILB's need to do all four phases. It's something that Hummell has been complimented on and they said it'll have him gameday active even.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame

When we played them at home I think it was 2 years ago he was impressive. He was around the ball it seemed like every play. He is coming off a ACL but it might be worth kicking the tires.

dang

Legend

Martinez was a stud as soon as 2 years ago. I gotta believe he still has a lot of tread on his tires.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t know guys. Don’t see how Blake Martinez makes any sense for the Rams.

He would not touch the field unless Wagner or Jones was injured.

The Rams will have to be creative to keep both Wagner and Jones on the field in Nickel; and I believe they will, with 2 DL, 2 Edge, the 2 off-ball-LBs in Wagner and Jones, plus 5 DBs.

Figure the 5 DBs are three CBs (Ramsey, Hill and Long) plus two safeties from Fuller, Rapp and Scott.

There will be times when the Rams will prefer six DBs. Either Wagner or Jones would probably come off the field in those situations.

With so little cap space, the insurance Martinez would provide seems like an unrealistic luxury to me.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Allen2McVay my post above states only for depth. I don't see him hitting the field in place of Wags or Jones. However, he'd be a good plan B in case Wags or Jones gets injured. I wouldn't even bother suiting him up as Rozeboom offers good ST work.

Again, I wasn't impressed with Hummel's on field performance at ST coverage. Seemed Dixon was hanging the ball well and coverage was always late. I'd move him to PS.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
@Allen2McVay my post above states only for depth. I don't see him hitting the field in place of Wags or Jones. However, he'd be a good plan B in case Wags or Jones gets injured. I wouldn't even bother suiting him up as Rozeboom offers good ST work.

Again, I wasn't impressed with Hummel's on field performance at ST coverage. Seemed Dixon was hanging the ball well and coverage was always late. I'd move him to PS.
Special teams, special teams, special teams.

That's why they just re-signed Jake Gervase.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We agree on him not playing but for injury. We also agree Martinez would just be insurance.

Just disagree as to whether that's how the Rams should spend their minimal cap space.

dang

Legend

Agreed. Ho Hum on Hummel.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
New England had two 3rd round draft choices in 2020, and used both on TEs ... Devin Asiasi and Dalton Keene. Both were waived today, having combined for five receptions in two seasons.

One of the most Ignored Truths in the NFL is that Bill Belichick has been terrible at drafting talent.

I mean like Billy Devaney BAD
For the Hopkins Haters just remember we could have done worse

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Good Point. The "Brilliant" Belichick took TE Devon Asiasi at #91, and TE Dalton Keene at #101.

The "Dopey" Rams selected Brycen Hopkins at #136. Three picks AFTER Seattle took TE Colby Parkinson.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Friday, Sept. 2​

Published: Sep 02, 2022 at 03:30 PM
NFLShield

Around the NFL Staff
NFL.com

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think a lot of the disgust was from the fact he wasn’t playing up to his drafted round. Fourth rounders often aren’t considered instant starters but it’s also not expected that they end up behind an UDFA on the depth chart. It was very disappointing,