49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Lance must be really bad. Team clearly isn’t behind him at all.

Honestly, rat boy runs a QB friendly system. It's not like Purdy was setting new passing records or completing 80% of his passes. He was a younger version of jimmy gag. Purdy showed his weaknesses under pressure. The defense got on a roll and carried that team until they ran into a better team. Period.

Eagles had 4th and 1 on their own 35. They manned up and the Eagles pushed that Dline backwards for the first down. For that reason, I believe the Eagles will beat the Chefs.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses"
This should be over the entrance to the 49's locker room.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
LOL, there are numerous articles with dweebo and aiyuk and others saying the game would have had a different outcome if the whiners had one more healthy QB.

I had to ROFLMAO when their #1 defense gave up 31 points and the Eagles O line mashed that #1 defense.

But yeah, another QB would have stopped the Eagles offense and turned the game around.

Just like, according to dweebo, the whiners were going to punch the Rams in the face and win the game. That's why dweebo cried. Because he talked trash and couldn't back it up in the NFCCG when the Rams beat the whiners and then won SB 56. :)

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
LOL, there are numerous articles with dweebo and aiyuk and others saying the game would have had a different outcome if the whiners had one more healthy QB.

I had to ROFLMAO when their #1 defense gave up 31 points and the Eagles O line mashed that #1 defense.

But yeah, another QB would have stopped the Eagles offense and turned the game around.

Just like, according to dweebo, the whiners were going to punch the Rams in the face and win the game. That's why dweebo cried. Because he talked trash and couldn't back it up in the NFCCG when the Rams beat the whiners and then won SB 56. :)
Exactly right - it’s not like they lost 27-24 on a FG as time expired… they went down 31-7!

dang

Legend

So the question is ‘Will the 69ers start losing faith in Coach Ratboy?” and start to retool/disband or will they rally around Ratboy and be motivated to take the next step together next year.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Every day I see a couple new quotes from CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, etc. Never seen a bigger group of whiny bitches after a loss.
A lot of pub from the media too. Not sure I can remember the losing team getting so much airtime.

But yeah, if you choose to go into the NFCCG with an inexperienced starter and then a greenie as your only true backup you deserve the criticism. Shanny.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But yeah, if you choose to go into the NFCCG with an inexperienced starter and then a greenie as your only true backup you deserve the criticism. Shanny.
Not sure what else Kyle Shanahan could have done, he lost his first two quarterbacks and was riding a late drafted rookie, who was playing as good as any QB in the NFL in every game he started. Not sure what else could have been done, IMHO.

I'm glad the 49ers lost believe me, but IMO, it was not because of their Head Coach, it was bad luck. However, going forward because of concussion protocol I believe every team should carry 3 QB's and allow them to be active on game day.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Meh. The 49’ers were losing to the Eagles WITH Purdy.

This is just their way of feeling better about the ass kicking they took and victimhood isn’t usually a pillar to building a winning team. Good luck next year, losers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not sure what else Kyle Shanahan could have done, he lost his first two quarterbacks and was riding a late drafted rookie, who was playing as good as any QB in the NFL in every game he started. Not sure what else could have been done, IMHO.

I'm glad the 49ers lost believe me, but IMO, it was not because of their Head Coach, it was bad luck. However, going forward because of concussion protocol I believe every team should carry 3 QB's and allow them to be active on game day.
Bring in a veteran to backup Purdy.

How many weeks was Johnson the #2 QB ? I honestly don’t know.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. The 49’ers were losing to the Eagles WITH Purdy.

This is just their way of feeling better about the ass kicking they took and victimhood isn’t usually a pillar to building a winning team. Good luck next year, losers.
SALTY!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bring in a veteran to backup Purdy.

How many weeks was Johnson the #2 QB ? I honestly don’t know.
Was Johnson not a Veteran? He's been around the league and has had multiple starts with several different teams besides playing in other leagues too. Look I'm not making excuses for Shanahan and if the 49ers could have made a deal for another QB that had more starting experience that would have been a plus, however, there were not many around and the trade deadline had already passed.

IMO, they felt confident in Purdy, they just didn't count on him getting hurt. Again I think Kyle Shanahan is an excellent Head Coach, but Chuck Knox & Marty Schottenheimer were also excellent Head Coaches that were snake bitten and my hope is although Kyle has been to a Super Bowl unlike those two, that Kyle in post season has the same results.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Was Johnson not a Veteran? He's been around the league and has had multiple starts with several different teams besides playing in other leagues too. Look I'm not making excuses for Shanahan and if the 49ers could have made a deal for another QB that had more starting experience that would have been a plus, however, there were not many around and the trade deadline had already passed.

IMO, they felt confident in Purdy, they just didn't count on him getting hurt. Again I think Kyle Shanahan is an excellent Head Coach, but Chuck Knox & Marty Schottenheimer were also excellent Head Coaches that were snake bitten and my hope is although Kyle has been to a Super Bowl unlike those two, that Kyle in post season has the same results.
I guess my point is that despite him being 36 yrs old, he’s had 9 career starts and he’s your 4th string guy with no PT on the books for your team(SF).

For comparison, Our backups suck too but at least with Stafford last year we had backups who were in our system for years.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
But Matty Ice would have a ring and Brady one less is rat boy just ran the ball and punted.

Fair enough. I don't want to do anything to diminish Ratboy's reputation of folding in the 4th quarter of big games ;)

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So the question is ‘Will the 69ers start losing faith in Coach Ratboy?” and start to retool/disband or will they rally around Ratboy and be motivated to take the next step together next year.

Not sure when but eventually they will turn on him

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I love to see them acting like they deserved to win that game. Means they don't see the truth which makes it more likely it will continue to happen.

What was the whiners excuse last season when the Rams took them out? Dweebo crying?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Deebo Samuel says 49ers would've smashed Super Bowl-bound Eagles by double digits if QB had stayed healthy​

During an interview with Sirius XM's "Mad Dog Sports Radio" this week, Samuel not only said that the 49ers would have won the NFC Championship Game if Brock Purdy had been able to stay healthy, but he also said that San Francisco could have won by double digits.

"Just look how well our defense was actually playing, keeping Jalen [Hurts] in the pocket, which he doesn't like to do at all," Samuel said. "So the [Eagles] offense wasn't doing anything. Our defense was doing what they were supposed to and I feel like if Brock was in as our quarterback and how our offense moves, I don't think it would have been close."

Purdy suffered a UCL injury that's expected to sideline him for at least the next six months.

Sad Ice Cream GIF

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Deebo Samuel says 49ers would've smashed Super Bowl-bound Eagles by double digits if QB had stayed healthy​

During an interview with Sirius XM's "Mad Dog Sports Radio" this week, Samuel not only said that the 49ers would have won the NFC Championship Game if Brock Purdy had been able to stay healthy, but he also said that San Francisco could have won by double digits.

"Just look how well our defense was actually playing, keeping Jalen [Hurts] in the pocket, which he doesn't like to do at all," Samuel said. "So the [Eagles] offense wasn't doing anything. Our defense was doing what they were supposed to and I feel like if Brock was in as our quarterback and how our offense moves, I don't think it would have been close."

Purdy suffered a UCL injury that's expected to sideline him for at least the next six months.

Sad Ice Cream GIF

I hope 49ers' fans read this stuff.

Three times in the past four seasons, the San Francisco was not just good enough to win the Super Bowl.
It was right there for the taking ... and they only went to one, where they gave-up a fourth quarter lead.

The Niners were not JUST good enough on paper. Three Lombardi Trophies were in their grasp.

Compare it to the Packers that won 39 regular season games from 2019-2021. Those teams were Good Enough but they were not That Close because they were clearly out-played in the Playoffs. Their fans are disappointed their team didn't play better but they were out-played and clearly beaten.

For the 49ers fans, it's a different ... and much higher ... level of misery. Those bastards are thinking ...
'We had the Chiefs ... that Lombardi was ours'
'We had the Rams ... We always beat them ... We would have beaten the Bengals, and won the Lombardi'
'We were playing great, and would have beaten the Eagles with ANY QB! When was the last time a team played in a Championship Game without a Quarterback!'

I feel like I know THAT Misery from the 1970s Rams, when I was a teenager. It sticks with you.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope 49ers' fans read this stuff.

Three times in the past four seasons, the San Francisco was not just good enough to win the Super Bowl.
It was right there for the taking ... and they only went to one, where they gave-up a fourth quarter lead.

The Niners were not JUST good enough on paper. Three Lombardi Trophies were in their grasp.

Compare it to the Packers that won 39 regular season games from 2019-2021. Those teams were Good Enough but they were not That Close because they were clearly out-played in the Playoffs. Their fans are disappointed their team didn't play better but they were out-played and clearly beaten.

For the 49ers fans, it's a different ... and much higher ... level of misery. Those bastards are thinking ...
'We had the Chiefs ... that Lombardi was ours'
'We had the Rams ... We always beat them ... We would have beaten the Bengals, and won the Lombardi'
'We were playing great, and would have beaten the Eagles with ANY QB! When was the last time a team played in a Championship Game without a Quarterback!'

I feel like I know THAT Misery from the 1970s Rams, when I was a teenager. It sticks with you.
Sometimes things happen. The Rams playing without key players has happened in the playoffs too. I don’t recall any of them claiming they would have won if….

That’s culture, which comes from the coach. Apparently Shanahan wants chippy, dirty and overconfident players on his team, and sore losers.

dang

Legend

Sad Ice Cream GIF
Keep breaking his spirit. Deebo is talented but fragile emotionally.