49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
It has been 341 days since the Rams last won a Super Bowl.

It has been 10,218 days since the whiners last won a Super Bowl … long may it continue.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Hope the Cowboys win but I'm worried Shannan is going to spam toss plays to make their corners tackle who obviously wouldn't like that.

oldnotdead

Legend
Their run game and strong defense have protected a rookie QB. That said there is no way you can't be impressed with Purdy's performance. He makes Jimmy G expendable and allows them to continue to develop Lance behind Purdy as possible eventual trade bait.

The Niners are obviously the main contender for the Rams in the division. The Hawks are keeping Geno as their starter and he's playing the best of his career. That said they have a lot of holes to fill so I see them as #3 in the division. Cards will be drafting in the top 10 for the next 3 years. That doesn't scare anyone since they have yet to prove they know how to draft.

The Hawks are rebuilding, and the Cards will have to start to rebuild. The Niners and Rams are reloading.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm not suggesting he'll have the same success but his physique and throwing style remind me of Montana. On the former, I thought "it's the uniform". Then I checked PFR. They list Montana as 6'2" 220. To me he always looked 6'0" 180. But they also list Purdy as 6'1" 220, which I think is also BS. On the latter, it's the smooth footwork and throwing motion. I want to see how he's affected by hits and maybe a roughing call or two.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hope the Cowboys win but I'm worried Shannan is going to spam toss plays to make their corners tackle who obviously wouldn't like that.
Touch Task for Dallas & Parsons needs to have the game of his life, but at some point in time I would like to see Purdy get hit and actually have some dirt on his jersey. I'm also tired of seeing Purdy's parents after every damn play.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Short slants and outside tosses to the RB. Hoping that Michael Parsons can shut it down over the middle

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I suppose the worst thing for the 49ers was the Vikings losing. 49ers woulda had a much easier time against them. Not sure Dallas can win but they do have a pass rush that could create problems for Purdy. Plus, while the 49ers are a tough team to run on, you can pass on them if you have decent protection. They just have to find a way to defend the run, quick outs and WR screens. They also love to throw the short to intermediate pass over the middle to Kittle and Deebo.

The 49er games I watched it seemed like Purdy can be very mobile and throw on the run when he runs to his right. The Cowboys need to force him to run to his left. It would be much harder to make plays throwing against his body.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I hope the cowboys play the game of their lives tomorrow and win. If not, the Eagles looked like the buzz saw that they were earlier in the season. The whiners have struggled against good mobile QBs and with the Eagles having a strong O-line, it will open up play action.

The best way to defeat the whiners, IMO, is to meet at the QB. Purdy likes to spin out of pressure but if someone is in his face, he'll throw it up for grabs, but he's just been damn lucky so far. That won't work against good playoff teams.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
3 1st round picks got supplanted by Mr Irrelevant…

My wish came true…

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

San Francisco 49ers reportedly have ‘very low’ confidence in Trey Lance entering 2023​

“Trey Lance, this might be what it took to get him into a position where they are force-fed back into the idea. I’m just telling you man, I don’t know what’s going on with Trey Lance in that organization. I can just tell you that the confidence level between Brock Purdy and Trey Lance prior to this game, it was night and day and that is not good for Trey Lance…I’m telling you their confidence in Lance is very low right now.”

- Charles Robinson Yahoo Sports

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Brock Purdy is a cheaper mid-tier quarterback than Jimmy Garoppolo was for the 49ers. Will Purdy and Trey Lancebe enough for the 49ers to bet their championship hopes on in 2023? The team has options

Brady can become a free agent this offseason. The 49ers are the team he grew up rooting for, led by a general manager in John Lynch who competed against Brady on the field. It’s going to be a natural consideration, with some expectation Brady might take a discount to finish his career with one more Super Bowl push. And it doesn’t have to come at the long-term expense of Purdy, either. To the contrary.

“I think they will trade Trey Lance to Tennessee and then they will end up with Brady and Brady will play one year for his home team, and they will have Brock Purdy as the backup,” an exec from another team predicted Sunday. “That is the chatter. They have the defense already, Brady wants to win one more, and this is right up the 49ers’ alley.”

The 49ers may or may not need to upgrade from Purdy to get over the top. What they really need are options more reliable than the ones that keep letting them down. Purdy needs to be part of that mix, but no team as talented as this one can bet it all on eight starts if there’s a chance to put the team over the top without compromising what the longer-term future might hold.

Trading Lance wouldn’t be necessary and would actually cost a little more under the 2023 cap while removing another option, but it could make sense if the value were right. The Titans’ new GM, Ran Carthon, spent the past six seasons with San Francisco.

“I don’t think Lance has enough value right now to trade him,” another exec said.

As things stand now, the 49ers are entering a world they have not inhabited since their first season with Shanahan as head coach (2017). It’s a world where roster management can become easier in the absence of an expensive quarterback.

“They’ll let Jimmy G walk, have Purdy compete with Lance, and the job will be Purdy’s to lose,” an agent who represents other quarterbacks predicted Sunday. “They’ll be open to a Lance trade, knowing that is a long shot. Purdy is so much cheaper than Jimmy, they can add players around Purdy now and maybe still develop Lance.”

That might seem like the safe way to go until McCaffrey is warming up his arm on the sideline with the season on the line.

Garoppolo’s contract counted $27.3 million against the 49ers’ salary cap on average from 2018 through the 2021 season.

The contracts for Purdy and Lance count about $10 million against the cap in 2023, with less than $1 million of that dedicated to Purdy. Garoppolo comes off the books and will presumably land elsewhere. Purdy isn’t eligible for a new contract until after the 2024 season. Lance’s fifth-year option decision must be made by May 2024, with implications for the 2025 season.

The 49ers have time. Do they have a quarterback good enough to take them all the way while their roster remains strong? Purdy will still be available one year from now if the 49ers do sign Brady or even trade for Rodgers, whose acquisition would be trickier and more expensive. If the 49ers do not move in that direction, Purdy should appeal to them more than mid-tier veterans carrying elevated price tags.

Eight games of Purdy isn’t a huge body of work, but the seventh-round pick from Iowa State performed well enough for former three-time NFL general manager Randy Mueller to say during one of our recent podcasts that San Francisco can feel good proceeding with Purdy, based on the film.

“It’ll be Purdy’s job to lose, and I don’t think there’s any looking back,” Mueller said.

Then came Sunday, which won’t change opinions on Purdy but could increase the urgency for reinforcing the position by any means necessary — especially now that Purdy’s ability to throw the ball effectively is in question.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

can you imagine if the whiners do land that old fuck brady.

my hate level for that shit team would become infinity. like i can't hate them any more but i know i will if brady is their qb.

i'll be praying for AD to break his legs. if morris lets him get anywhere near brady.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is interesting. I always will say John Lynch & Shanahan F””’d up!!
That Tre Lance draft pick was a disaster & the JETS as well.
I give The Rams credit for winning a Superbowl,but I could question some of there moves as well.2019 & 2022 could have been avoided,but then again I’ll keep an eye on Philly.The extra week did The Rams right & it might help both teams in this year’s.Upfront for Philly though?

I have to LOL about Aaron Rogers not being a 9er.They threw in to fast with there trade to move up in the draft right after The Rams traded for Matthew Stafford.

Tom Brady makes sense & would make for another Brady movie.He comes back Home where his parents live I believe. He kissed them coming off the field if that was his last game in The NFL or Tampa.
Purdy got his first start against Tampa Bay & both parents were there & excited.Purdy his first start, & Brady’s last start & at a new stadium in Levi where it’s a new beginning.He could build his legacy as the first 9er QB to win with a team from SOFI. His parents could go to every home game (family)as well.
A lot of NFL Fans & just people in general want to have an opinion on him & his career.
IMO yes - it’s like Stafford & Rams being all in.Trading Tre Lance is tricky.Olay with Tom Brady could be life changing?