49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

49ers won't activate Trey Lance in 2022 despite Jimmy Garoppolo injury​

For the second time in the 2022 season, the 49ers are down a starting quarterback. In Week 2 they lost Trey Lance to an ankle injury, and in Week 13 Jimmy Garoppolo went down for the season with a broken foot. Despite Lance’s progression into attending games and throwing a little during pregame, head coach Kyle Shanahan on Sunday ruled out Lance’s chances of returning this season.

There was some question about whether the timeline for recovery for Lance would give him a chance to return for a postseason run, and Shanahan had never given a firm answer on Lance’s ability to play again this season.

That changed Sunday.

“No, he can’t,” Shanahan responded when asked if there was a chance Lance would be activated.

It was sort of assumed when the prognosis for Lance came back as a fractured fibula and ligament damage following a gruesome injury against the Seahawks at Levi’s Stadium. However, this is the first confirmation that his injury and the ensuing surgery would keep him out for the year.

That means it’s up to rookie seventh-round pick Brock Purdy to take over as the starting signal caller the rest of the way. Veteran QB Josh Johnson is expected to sign as his backup while Jacob Eason remains on the practice squad.

For the rest of this season, Lance and Garoppolo will only be observers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This team with their cast of castoffs at Quarterback and they still win...Unbelievable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

wait until dcs get tape on purrrdy. then we'll see what he can really do.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm waiting for McCafferty to get hurt next. He's always injured. Not hoping... just expecting it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I watched a lot of that 49er game. I thought Brock Purdy played well. Played better than any of our backups. 215 yards 2 TD's and 1 INT. He was mobile enough to avoid the rush. Made throws on the run. Moved the chains.

But surprisingly, the usual delusional whiner fans are not as optimistic as I would think. Most think it will catch up to him at some point. Its possible when teams get more tape on him. But Shanahan's short play offense with the safe passes is the perfect system for a new quarterback to get his feet wet. We'll see how that ends up.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I'm a Rams fan and an Iowa State Cyclones fan! Was so happy to see Brock Purdy out there! Kid was great in college and I was hoping the rams would've grabbed him, but oh well.

Kid did great! Go Clones!!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
NFL defensive coordinators:

"That boy shore does have a Purdy mouth ..."

deliverance GIF

Ellard80

Legend
This team with their cast of castoffs at Quarterback and they still win...Unbelievable.
they wont win it all with a 3rd string QB

it aint happening... Purdy did okay yesterday but once teams start getting film on him it will get harder and harder.

dang

Legend
So I’ve come to the conclusion the 69ers coaching staff is just better than the Rams. I’m not comparing individual coaches (if gif no other reason than I hate Coach Ratboy) but as a whole they seem to have their teams ready for more in game/outside game adversity than the Rams. They also value the trenches more which I think it imperative. That said: F the 69ers, their front office/fans/families/city/cheerleaders/mascot/pets/hopes&dreams/cars/houses/weather.

Tano

Legend
I watched a lot of that 49er game. I thought Brock Purdy played well. Played better than any of our backups. 215 yards 2 TD's and 1 INT. He was mobile enough to avoid the rush. Made throws on the run. Moved the chains.

But surprisingly, the usual delusional whiner fans are not as optimistic as I would think. Most think it will catch up to him at some point. Its possible when teams get more tape on him. But Shanahan's short play offense with the safe passes is the perfect system for a new quarterback to get his feet wet. We'll see how that ends up.
He would get 400 yards against our soft zone shit

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So I’ve come to the conclusion the 69ers coaching staff is just better than the Rams. I’m not comparing individual coaches (if gif no other reason than I hate Coach Ratboy) but as a whole they seem to have their teams ready for more in game/outside game adversity than the Rams. They also value the trenches more which I think it imperative. That said: F the 69ers, their front office/fans/families/city/cheerleaders/mascot/pets/hopes&dreams/cars/houses/weather.
We need a DC that has that tough guy attitude and instills that physical defensive mindset into his team along with a scheme that fits that mentality. And a guy who pushes the FO to draft thumpers.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I'll still take our HC over there's any day of the week (and who owns the two biggest NFCC comeback wins if I'm not mistaken), but when it comes to assistants, I think a number of theirs are better than a number of ours. I love Eric Yarber and a few others, but there are those, like the DC, who I wouldn't mind seeing moving on.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Defense and a good running game can keep you winning unless you get really bad QB play. It doesn't mean however, that a title is in your future.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman
Or
Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw

Who is the better duo of linebackers?

I said Willis and Bowman. 49er fans were calling me a clown and dumb etc…

Psycho_X

Legend
Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman
Or
Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw

Who is the better duo of linebackers?

I said Willis and Bowman. 49er fans were calling me a clown and dumb etc…
To be fair most of them probably weren't Whiners fans when Willis and Bowman were playing so they have no idea.