CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
EAFF96E5-482E-4A28-ADD9-04A6C16EBCB4.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interesting comment about culture issues in Arizona.

Arizona Cardinals offseason puts team on very thin ice for 2022​

After a national playoff embarrassment at the hands of the Los Angeles Rams, the Arizona Cardinals thought it couldn’t get any worse than their 34-11 defeat. They were wrong, as there was this “he said, she said” between Kliff Kingsbury, Steve Keim, and Michael Bidwill.

Some say it didn’t happen, but others don’t buy it. Who really knows what truly happened in January. Then, Kyler Murray and his agent Erik Burkhardt released a few statements that definitely were the talk of the NFL for a long time, including during Super Bowl Week.

On top of that, the tragic passing of Jeff Gladney and Rodney Hudson’s near retirement nearly sent the fanbase into a state of panic. So what is really going in with the Arizona Cardinals? As a lifetime fan of the team, the Cardinals are a team that seems to take one step forward and then two steps back.

The behind-the-scenes drama could cost Arizona Cardinals top-tier free agents down the road.

There are examples of players avoiding a team due to the culture that exists there. For example, does anyone remember the second time around that Tom Coughlin was with the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Arizona is nowhere near that level of atrocity. However, because so many stars have left this team and still have bitterness towards the organization, the statement definitely holds its own weight.

Tyrann Mathieu and Calais Campbell are some of the most recent and even longtime favorite Darnell Dockett had thoughts about the organization as well. If Keim doesn’t get the right contract to Murray, there could be a cavalcade of top players leaving Arizona.

One doesn’t think that would happen with the amount of star power the team has on the roster. But it only takes one botched contract negotiation to see a talented core bounce out of town, as seen by the 2015 team.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I have no worries about the Cardinals in the next 3-4 years.
They are in a no win situation. Choices:
1: Pay Murray as one of the best (which he is not). They won't have the $ to surround him to win. They could not make it happen on his rookie contract when he was cheap.
2: Don't pay Murray. Have a frustrated, mediocre QB. Still at high $. Upset the rest of the team.

BTW, I have no idea why Keim is seen as good at all. What has he ever done? Really don't get.
He hired Kingsbury, who I also see as weak.

dang

Legend
I have no worries about the Cardinals in the next 3-4 years.
They are in a no win situation. Choices:
1: Pay Murray as one of the best (which he is not). They won't have the $ to surround him to win. They could not make it happen on his rookie contract when he was cheap.
2: Don't pay Murray. Have a frustrated, mediocre QB. Still at high $. Upset the rest of the team.

BTW, I have no idea why Keim is seen as good at all. What has he ever done? Really don't get.
He hired Kingsbury, who I also see as weak.
Cards are between a rock and hard place. They have a QB has the talent to be top 5 but the maturity/leadership that places him in the top 20. So do you pay for a top 5 or a top 20 QB. Should be interesting.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cards probably end up as #2 in the division tbh. Shitters are in disarray and will piss away a handful of games with a young QB. Seahawks probably slot as #3 behind a good ground game and defense. I hope the Cards disintegrate but they should be a pain in the ass in the second half of the sched.

I'd like to see the 9ers trade Garoppolo though. Those slimy fucks may even tank for a top pick/QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cards probably end up as #2 in the division tbh. Shitters are in disarray and will piss away a handful of games with a young QB. Seahawks probably slot as #3 behind a good ground game and defense. I hope the Cards disintegrate but they should be a pain in the ass in the second half of the sched.

I'd like to see the 9ers trade Garoppolo though. Those slimy fucks may even tank for a top pick/QB.
Murray folds in the second half. His actions affect the entire team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Murray folds in the second half. His actions affect the entire team.
Yes I am aware Elm. But this year he won't have his WR early on so I think they'll be flipped in terms of starting hot and ending cold. If he starts cold and then tanks even better but we'll see.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Except they still owe the Dolphins their 2023 first rounder.

Its become real obvious how boom or bust the Lance trade was. If they trade Garappolo and Lance busts… they can’t recover from that easily.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

I think the York family are such douchebags that they will fire Shanahan and Lynch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the York family are such douchebags that they will fire Shanahan and Lynch.
If this QB falls on his face yeah, gotta think things are gonna be rough in the front office. Think you're right.

I also have a feeling that Asshole Face ends up in the NFC West with either SF or Seattle, but hope not. I want to see some shit hires in those two spots and easy scheds for a couple seasons. :laugh2:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes I am aware Elm. But this year he won't have his WR early on so I think they'll be flipped in terms of starting hot and ending cold. If he starts cold and then tanks even better but we'll see.
Ithink he fades because he takes a beating and it wears him out mentally and physically by seasons end.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Ithink he fades because he takes a beating and it wears him out mentally and physically by seasons end.
If you are correct, and I think you are, that problem will be exacerbated by not having his top weapon to start the season. Should be a fun collapse to watch.

oldnotdead

Legend
Like I've said, the Cards should have traded Kyler this year. He's never going to be more than he is right now. If you pay him you are hoping he will be.
1. Pay him elite money and he assumes he's good enough and doesn't put in the time to develop. After all if they are paying him he must be fine as is.

2. Don't pay him and he doesn't put in the effort to develop and sulks all season. A pass rusher gets near him and he will flop down like a dead fish. We've already seen it when he plays the Rams. He's not going to risk injury when he will be a FA next year.

They didn't trade him because Kliff and Kiem proclaimed him the next Mahomes when they drafted him. Not only isn't he anywhere near as good as Mahomes, but he's also not as good as Lamar Jackson.

Take a good look my friends, this is what happens when you have an incompetent owner who can only hire an incompetent FO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you are correct, and I think you are, that problem will be exacerbated by not having his top weapon to start the season. Should be a fun collapse to watch.

they did bring in another midget to pacify the head midget.

brown gets open but he certainly drops a few catches. will be interesting to see them work together.