OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yep
UDFA signed MAY 3 2015 Signed a 3 year $1.585 million contract with Cincinnati.
SEP 5 2015 Waived by Cincinnati
DEC 6 2015 Signed to the active roster by Cincinnati
DEC 24 2015 Waived by Cincinnati
DEC 25 2015 Signed a contract with New England
DEC 30 2015 Waived by New England
DEC 31 2015 Claimed off waivers by St. Louis
NOV 22 2016 Waived by Los Angeles
NOV 25 2016 Signed to the practice squad by Los Angeles
DEC 14 2016 Signed to the active roster by Los Angeles
MAY 1 2017 Suspended 2 games for the DUI charge against him, forfeiting $72,352 in 2017 salary with Los Angeles
MAR 12 2018 Signed a contract with Los Angeles
MAR 12 2019 Assigned a 1 year $2.025 million tender by Los Angeles
Ah ok, well we definitely gave him his first chance to start lol. Just too bad we couldn't keep him so we could focus other parts of our roster.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I believe he was undrafted and first signed by the Bungles. I never knew he was from Ohio. He went from St Bony in CA to UofO. I just assumed he was from CA.
Yeah I didn't know he was from Ohio either. At least he did good things for us and it got him back home while getting paid.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well lookie here, please say this is true :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20210330-120227_Chrome.jpg

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So apparently Blythe's contract was really cheap? Hol up. I know some of y'all don't like Blythe but why wouldn't we pay that for at least the depth?

Psycho_X

Legend
So apparently Blythe's contract was really cheap? Hol up. I know some of y'all don't like Blythe but why wouldn't we pay that for at least the depth?

It's entirely possible the Rams told him they were going with someone in house and if he came back he would be the likely backup if he makes the team on a minimal deal. With the Chiefs he has open competition to be the starter on a super bowl team. So just may have seemed more ideal to his career.

dang

Legend
It's entirely possible the Rams told him they were going with someone in house and if he came back he would be the likely backup if he makes the team on a minimal deal. With the Chiefs he has open competition to be the starter on a super bowl team. So just may have seemed more ideal to his career.
That sounds likely.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Jourdan has said our offer was very similar but we don't know for sure and likely won't unless Austin mentions it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see. But on a one-year deal you think the Rams could have let him compete for that spot too. I don't know

btfd16

Rookie
I see. But on a one-year deal you think the Rams could have let him compete for that spot too. I don't know
Yeah idk any team who goes into camp guaranteeing spots. McVay even said it earlier this year they evaluate every position during the whole Goff thing. No way they straight up said you're the back up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Maybe as a Kromer guy there wasn’t any coach pushing hard for Blythe to return, since Kromer is gone. Without that advocacy it gets easier to let a marginal starter move on.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe as a Kromer guy there wasn’t any coach pushing hard for Blythe to return, since Kromer is gone. Without that advocacy it gets easier to let a marginal starter move on.
I think that's a fine explanation. Gonna be an exciting camp

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel bad for Gurley. He went from arguably the most valuable player in the NFL to a JAG in 1 season. He was also the leader of the Rams, and he made the organization proud. I loved listening to him talk to reporters after some of those great games, and I still remember when someone accused him of saying Jeff Fisher's offense was high school-like, and Gurley corrected him by stating that it was "playing" like a high-school offense. He was all class and did not want to insult Fisher. And even though we all pretty much know what happened to his knee, I would still like to hear it form him. In his words. JMO

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I feel bad for Gurley. He went from arguably the most valuable player in the NFL to a JAG in 1 season. He was also the leader of the Rams, and he made the organization proud. I loved listening to him talk to reporters after some of those great games, and I still remember when someone accused him of saying Jeff Fisher's offense was high school-like, and Gurley corrected him by stating that it was "playing" like a high-school offense. He was all class and did not want to insult Fisher. And even though we all pretty much know what happened to his knee, I would still like to hear it form him. In his words. JMO

This is the stuff we see those sports documentaries written about down the road. It’s a story waiting.