OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wilson got a four year $11.53 million contract with $5 million guaranteed as a rookie drafted 29th overall in 2020.

So I guess he got the $5 million. Plus one year which is around $2.8 million. Did the rest get voided or did the Giants pick it up?

He possibly made$10 million in two years being a slug. If he’s stealing food then I guess he can make that money last pretty long.
I would think they could void it all because of breech of contract. If it was me I wouldn’t pay him and I’d make him sue to fight it out in court.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wow that level of disrespect should never be tolerated. Judge must be a patsy. I can’t believe he hasn’t lost the entire team after allowing that.
Yeah Judge probably made him endure a 2 hour pep talk later in his office instead of just cutting his fat lazy ass on the spot.

Imagine for a moment a player telling McVay or one of his coaches that he's not gonna run a lap. Or trying to sleep through a meeting at Rams Park. These rosters are all a lot closer than fans think IMO. Where you do get a ton of difference is quality of the guy calling the shots and building the culture.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would think they could void it all because of breech of contract. If it was me I wouldn’t pay him and I’d make him sue to fight it out in court.
Good point. I wonder if they win those types of battles or decide it’s not worth the effort.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah Judge probably made him endure a 2 hour pep talk later in his office instead of just cutting his fat lazy ass on the spot.

Imagine for a moment a player telling McVay or one of his coaches that he's not gonna run a lap. Or trying to sleep through a meeting at Rams Park. These rosters are all a lot closer than fans think IMO. Where you do get a ton of difference is quality of the guy calling the shots and building the culture.
This is a bad look for Judge. How does he let him hang on so long? I ran a different crew of delinquents each year for 8 years. In all of that time I had one kid as bad as Wilson and I immediately started the warnings and write ups so when he pushed it too far I could fire him. The policy was to purposely be lenient with the kids and try to mold them into responsible people. There was no hope for Dennis and he immediately had a negative impact on the whole crew.

It sounds like even McVay with guys like Ramsey, Kupp, AD, and Stafford couldn’t even turn Wilson around. I’m glad they didn’t try.

I recall Mike Golic saying how for some guys just reaching the NFL is the end game. They do all of the work in High School and College just for the one time paycheck. I couldn’t imagine quitting at that point.

Tano

Legend
This is a bad look for Judge. How does he let him hang on so long? I ran a different crew of delinquents each year for 8 years. In all of that time I had one kid as bad as Wilson and I immediately started the warnings and write ups so when he pushed it too far I could fire him. The policy was to purposely be lenient with the kids and try to mold them into responsible people. There was no hope for Dennis and he immediately had a negative impact on the whole crew.

It sounds like even McVay with guys like Ramsey, Kupp, AD, and Stafford couldn’t even turn Wilson around. I’m glad they didn’t try.

I recall Mike Golic saying how for some guys just reaching the NFL is the end game. They do all of the work in High School and College just for the one time paycheck. I couldn’t imagine quitting at that point.
That wouldn't surprise me

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Void what? He was a practice squad player making peanuts on a non guaranteed contract

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would like to see Powell also be our gadget type player if needed. He would probably kill it on jet sweep type plays only because the way he runs. Dude attacks str8 no hopping around BS.
I approve this message.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Void what? He was a practice squad player making peanuts on a non guaranteed contract

That was in response to the Isaiah Wilson OT for the Giants being released, not our Powell being elevated to the active squad.

threads get lost sometimes in the mish-mash... happens

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wilson got a four year $11.53 million contract with $5 million guaranteed as a rookie drafted 29th overall in 2020.

So I guess he got the $5 million. Plus one year which is around $2.8 million. Did the rest get voided or did the Giants pick it up?

He possibly made$10 million in two years being a slug. If he’s stealing food then I guess he can make that money last pretty long.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was in response to the Isaiah Wilson OT for the Giants being released, not our Powell being elevated to the active squad.

threads get lost sometimes in the mish-mash... happens
@blackbart
Isaiah Wilson was cut from the Giants practice squad where he was making about 160k for the season, non guaranteed
His rookie contract was with the team who drafted him, Tennessee. That's been paid out and Miami even pays a share after they traded for him, and subsequently cut him a week later
Not sure why the Giants are getting backlash on this

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Getting Watt back would be huge for Arizona. It's gonna be fucking annoying to draw 9ers then the Cards in the playoffs. :laugh4: