OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I fail to see how those two are "head cases".
I’m all for giving people second chances. In the NFL players mature at different rates. While both OBJ and Mayfield have matured somewhat since their early days I still consider them “me not We” players. To me that equates to Head cases. But I’m willing to adjust my thinking if they continue to mature. Feel free to disagree.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't hear much about OBJ because he rarely makes a splash anymore. He only played 7 games last year, and he's averaged around 4 TD's per year for the last 4 years. This guy got paid for 3 great years, and really hasn't produced since. And yes, he's a diva.
What? He's put up better numbers than Robert Woods. The dude wrenched his knee last year making a tackle after a terrible INT by his QB. I'd gladly take him off their hands

dang

Legend
Sign Hurst immediately at vet minimum with incentives. Don’t see Key as worth the effort.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Another C hits FA.

- MT

---------------------
https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player/60275/dustin-woodard

Dustin Woodard C, Unsigned Free Agent

Patriots waived OL Dustin Woodard.

Woodard, a 2020 seventh-rounder, spent his rookie year on the reserve/retired list. He unretired earlier this month but the Patriots are moving on. Woodard will look to resurface with another team.

He retired then came back? It does not speak well of his love for football. The Patriots likely figured he's not worth investing the effort in, or he just wasn't very good.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not both? If they're on vet minimum, I'd be happy to see it.

Yep I'd want both for sure. Would be a smart use of cap and would improve our pass rush. Raider fans are trashing Key, but we've seen that story before. We saved some space for what I imagine is this type of situation

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Mayock should have stuck to being a know it all about prospects on NFL network.
I'd wager he's little more than a scouting director with Chuckie making all the decisions. Mayock will however be the one to go.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
OBJ has done a hell of a lot more on the field than Clowney has. Those first three years in the league are better than the entirety of Clowneys career. And yes he's been fairly quiet the last year or two but he's done enough in the past to earn the diva or headcase label. He may shed it but he's earned it for now.

Both are players that only had a couple seasons of good production. Injuries have prevented them from really breaking out and are popular because of one play.

Also, its not fair to hold what he said or did 6 or 7 years ago and just label him the same now. He's literally said or done nothing that makes him as such.

You mean recently, right?

I mean aside from a couple seasons as a 21, 22 year old 7 years ago.

We don't hear much about OBJ because he rarely makes a splash anymore. He only played 7 games last year, and he's averaged around 4 TD's per year for the last 4 years. This guy got paid for 3 great years, and really hasn't produced since. And yes, he's a diva.

He's been hurt. He played with a sports hernia in 2019 and IR last year. He also didn't do anything to be a diva. When they switched to a run centered offense did he say anything? Not that I know of.

I’m all for giving people second chances. In the NFL players mature at different rates. While both OBJ and Mayfield have matured somewhat since their early days I still consider them “me not We” players. To me that equates to Head cases. But I’m willing to adjust my thinking if they continue to mature. Feel free to disagree.

...but how??? What actions have they done to make them as such? Every time I see them its no different than any other player. I remember when Baker was drafted, and everyone was so hellbent on making him the next Johnny Manziel and it just hasn't happened. Baker is a fun loving dude that just plays. OBJ was, yes I agree as a Giant. As a Brown? Not so much.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both are players that only had a couple seasons of good production. Injuries have prevented them from really breaking out and are popular because of one play.

Also, its not fair to hold what he said or did 6 or 7 years ago and just label him the same now. He's literally said or done nothing that makes him as such.
Agree to disagree I guess, but at least I've found one person who doesn't think OBJ has earned the diva/headcase title that everybody else gives him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had back to back 1,000 yards seasons in 2018/2019 in 2 of the most dysfunctional organizations the league has ever seen. The NY media did a character assassination of this guy and it seems like it has stuck. He plays hard and wants the ball. Blew out his knee trying to make a tackle after his QB threw a terrible pass. Most WR take the lazy way out but he didnt, tracked the guy down and paid the price for it. His 2 QB's have been an over the hil and never very good in the first place Eli Manning, and the self proclaimed next coming in Baker Mayfield. I cant even imagine what he would do playing for an genius like McVay and/or with a QB as good as Stafford

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He had back to back 1,000 yards seasons in 2018/2019 in 2 of the most dysfunctional organizations the league has ever seen.

The NY media did a character assassination of this guy and it seems like it has stuck. He plays hard and wants the ball.

Blew out his knee trying to make a tackle after his QB threw a terrible pass. Most WR take the lazy way out but he didnt, tracked the guy down and paid the price for it. His 2 QB's have been an over the hil and never very good in the first place Eli Manning, and the self proclaimed next coming in Baker Mayfield. I cant even imagine what he would do playing for an genius like McVay and/or with a QB as good as Stafford

Agree that he played hard here in NY; and he wants the ball ... which is a good thing. And not suggesting he is a bad guy.

However, strongly disagree with the 'character assassination' comment. Beckham was selfish, immature and high maintenance ... the classic WR-Diva. The New York Sports Media can be awful and unfair ... and really stupid ... but not with regard to Beckham.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree that he played hard here in NY; and he wants the ball ... which is a good thing. And not suggesting he is a bad guy.

However, strongly disagree with the 'character assassination' comment. Beckham was selfish, immature and high maintenance ... the classic WR-Diva. The New York Sports Media can be awful and unfair ... and really stupid ... but not with regard to Beckham.
I tend to agree with you but it's kind of funny this thread of late. We have some people making the case that OBJ is a diva and a headcase you and me among them. And some people saying he's been a good boy lately and doesn't deserve that title anymore.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I tend to agree with you but it's kind of funny this thread of late. We have some people making the case that OBJ is a diva and a headcase you and me among them. And some people saying he's been a good boy lately and doesn't deserve that title anymore.
Both those thoughts may be true. Maybe he’s turned the corner a bit. Again, don’t think he was a bad guy in NY ... just a pain in the ass.