2020 MLB Thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, I'll start off by saying this: what the fuck, Yairo Munoz? I've never seen someone bail on his team the way he did. Hopefully Edmundo Sosa can earn a spot on the 26, because he's paid his dues and he's the best defensive utility player we have.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm awaiting the offers for one or more of them. The Dodgers like to have multiple spares, but some nice prospects would be good to nab from a position of strength, to keep the pipeline going.
If any of them get dealt IMO it would be Price and Stripling. Wood and Nelson are free agents next year. Urias has 3 more years of control and Stripling 2. Price though is a question mark with the Sox paying half his salary for the next 3 years. Kershaw is also only signed for this year and next. It's possible we see a rotation in 2022 or 23 that's led by Buehler with Urias, May and Gonsolin behind him.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If any of them get dealt IMO it would be Price and Stripling. Wood and Nelson are free agents next year. Urias has 3 more years of control and Stripling 2. Price though is a question mark with the Sox paying half his salary for the next 3 years. Kershaw is also only signed for this year and next. It's possible we see a rotation in 2022 or 23 that's led by Buehler with Urias, May and Gonsolin behind him.

Probably not Price. The Dodgers have more money than almost any team, and he still had negative trade value.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure its a myth?
https://rsnstats.com/42-years-and-counting/
Couple years outdated but shows the AL with higher runs per game for 42 straight years?
And the funny part to me is look at how much more. You going to tell me scoring 4.02 over 3.98 per game is great fantastic or better baseball? Not sure on that. Also thank you for falling right into the trap, more runs does not equal better baseball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the funny part to me is look at how much more. You going to tell me scoring 4.02 over 3.98 per game is great fantastic or better baseball? Not sure on that. Also thank you for falling right into the trap, more runs does not equal better baseball.
Hold on, you said it was a myth the DH creates more offense. 42 straight years the AL scored more runs per game. That means it's no myth that the DH creates more offense.
Now you're changing the topic to equalling better baseball? What trap?

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Like it or not, the DH is the future of baseball. I'm pretty sure the Dodgers, with their prospect pool, would love to have a guy there to bat for them ahead of, say, Buehler getting hurt running the bases, tweaking a muscle at an at-bat, or getting nailed by a pitch?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like it or not, the DH is the future of baseball. I'm pretty sure the Dodgers, with their prospect pool, would love to have a guy there to bat for them ahead of, say, Buehler getting hurt running the bases, tweaking a muscle at an at-bat, or getting nailed by a pitch?
The Dodgers are the team set up better than anybody else without a doubt. Doesn't mean I have to like it or think it will be better baseball. Just like stupid fucking gradient numbers on a football uniform. :D

Memento

Name
Jemma
Draft's on today. Cardinals selected Jordan Walker out of a Georgia high school. He's a big third baseman with lighttower power from the right side. I've heard a Kris Bryant comparison, so I'm stoked. I hope we can sign the kid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft's on today. Cardinals selected Jordan Walker out of a Georgia high school. He's a big third baseman with lighttower power from the right side. I've heard a Kris Bryant comparison, so I'm stoked. I hope we can sign the kid.
I heard more Joey Gallo with his amazing swing and miss.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Was on MLB Network when I heard the Bryant comparison (not from that idiot, Harold Reynolds who picked Jermaine Dye for his comparison, but from someone else, I believe O'Dowd.)

But even Joey Gallo is a good mark to reach towards. When was the last time the Cards had a fifty home run hitter? Mark McGwire, I believe? If Walker reaches that potential, we could have two forty home run hitters in him and Gorman. That's huge.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Speaking of which...Bobby Miller to the Dodgers. What are your thoughts?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our pick looks like Walker Buehler. Lets hope he turns out the same.