2020 MLB Thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of which...Bobby Miller to the Dodgers. What are your thoughts?
He was one of the short list that we were rumored to be in on. Love the fastball and he's improved command. It's got very very good movement against both lefties and righties. Second pitcher is a nice cutter as well with a changeup he needs to work on. This is a guy we were looking at there are tons of Dodger fan sites suggesting him as well so it's somebody we knew. BTW the last college pitcher we took in the 1st round? Walker Buehler.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was one of the short list that we were rumored to be in on. Love the fastball and he's improved command. It's got very very good movement against both lefties and righties. Second pitcher is a nice cutter as well with a changeup he needs to work on. This is a guy we were looking at there are tons of Dodger fan sites suggesting him as well so it's somebody we knew. BTW the last college pitcher we took in the 1st round? Walker Buehler.

Well, Buehler's worked out good for you, so hopefully Miller does as well...unless he's playing the Cardinals. Then I hope we kill him like Kershaw. :p

Memento

Name
Jemma

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Buehler's worked out good for you, so hopefully Miller does as well...unless he's playing the Cardinals. Then I hope we kill him like Kershaw. :p
He's 8-5 vs you guys in 18 starts with a sub 3 era. I'll take my guy getting dominated like that anytime :D

Memento

Name
Jemma
He's 8-5 vs you guys in 18 starts with a sub 3 era. I'll take my guy getting dominated like that anytime :D

I'm talking more about the playoffs. You know, where the games matter?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Playoffs? I have short term memory loss tbh :D

I hear that to this day, Kershaw still has nightmares of Matt Carpenter and Matt Adams.

Of course, the Cards have no room to talk. Fuckin' Red Sox. :'(

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear that to this day, Kershaw still has nightmares of Matt Carpenter and Matt Adams.

Of course, the Cards have no room to talk. Fuckin' Red Sox and Astro's *bye every Dodger fan*. :'(

FIFY

Memento

Name
Jemma

We lost two World Series to the Sox, and I bet the house that Ortiz was juicing for both.

@Boston Ram Sorry, but I do not like David Ortiz, and a fair few of the 2004 Sox showed up on the report.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Cardinals took a couple of high school arms in Masyn Winn and Tink Hence. I think they're really going for high risk/high reward in this draft. Alec Burleson is a first baseman only, but he can flat-out hit.

Memento

Name
Jemma
And now we're taking a safer pick in Levi Prater. He's interesting in that he's a lefty pitcher with only three fingers on his right hand (lawnmower accident when he was two), and he doesn't have especially good stuff, but his control and competitiveness is top notch.

Edit: He actually has two fingers on his right hand. My mistake. Wonder how he's going to hit as a pitcher, but he's interesting with his competitiveness and command on the mound.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And now we're taking a safer pick in Levi Prater. He's interesting in that he's a lefty pitcher with only three fingers on his right hand (lawnmower accident when he was two), and he doesn't have especially good stuff, but his control and competitiveness is top notch.
Interesting pick here by the Boys in Blue. Local kid with amazing speed and all the tools to stick at CF in the majors. Not a power hitter but a good 50-60 hit tool and 70+ speed. Didn't think this was a Friedman type but I like it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Interesting pick here by the Boys in Blue. Local kid with amazing speed and all the tools to stick at CF in the majors. Not a power hitter but a good 50-60 hit tool and 70+ speed. Didn't think this was a Friedman type but I like it.

Yeah, Jake Vogel is definitely an interesting pick. I hope the Cards take a local pick in Ian Bedell or Jacob Misiorowski. Misiorowski reminds me of a young Wainwright, so, fingers crossed! :D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, Jake Vogel is definitely an interesting pick. I hope the Cards take a local pick in Ian Bedell or Jacob Misiorowski. Misiorowski reminds me of a young Wainwright, so, fingers crossed! :D
Tanner Bibee is another local kid I want the Dodgers to draft. Rightie starter with Fullerton. I went to high school with his dad, good people and Dodger fans :D

Memento

Name
Jemma
WE TOOK BEDELL, FUCK YEAH!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well, the Cards finished with an outfielder by the name of L.J. Jones IV. He's a solidly built guy at 6'0", 220, but otherwise, I don't know much about him.

Now for the college free agents. MLB basically stated that since there's only five rounds, teams can sign an unlimited amount of undrafted free agents for a max of $20,000 to fill out rosters. Here's hoping that the Cards take advantage of that.