OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A backup safety is something I could see us adding for sure.
I could see this too but I would look for this later after the draft. Snead is sure to be on the outlooks for a released seasoned low cost vet that would have no barring on the CDPA's.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see this too but I would look for this later after the draft. Snead is sure to be on the outlooks for a released seasoned low cost vet that would have no barring on the CDPA's.
Yes and no, I can see him getting it done before somebody else swoops in.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If the Rams signed Jameis Winston to a 1 year deal, would it be a steal?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes and no, I can see him getting it done before somebody else swoops in.
I just do not see it as a priority. :unsure:

Safety Jake Gervase gave a good account for himself in preseason & late in the 2019 season when on the field with the defense. I do believe that McVay likes this young heady safety. In addition, Travin Howard (entering his 3rd Rams Training Camp) who was a safety in college might be reconsidered under new DC Staley to be more SS than ILB too @ 6-1 219lbs. Then there is DB 6-3/205 Adonis Alexander who has also played a ton of deep safety in College.

This has not been mentioned in this forum however since Jalen Ramsey played just east of us in my back yard @ FSU many of his great games that he starred in @ FSU was when he was playing deep safety for the Noles.

If the Rams did have injury issues @ safety & DC Staley does end up with 3 capable starting corners on his defense besides Ramsey then in any need Ramsey could shift back to deep safety & make our opponents QB's world a nightmare.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just do not see it as a priority. :unsure:

Safety Jake Gervase gave a good account for himself in preseason & late in the 2019 season when on the field with the defense. I do believe that McVay likes this young heady safety. In addition, Travin Howard (entering his 3rd Rams Training Camp) who was a safety in college might be reconsidered under new DC Staley to be more SS than ILB too @ 6-1 219lbs. Then there is DB 6-3/205 Adonis Alexander who has also played a ton of deep safety in College.

This has not been mentioned in this forum however since Jalen Ramsey played just east of us in my back yard @ FSU many of his great games that he starred in @ FSU was when he was playing deep safety for the Noles.

If the Rams did have injury issues @ safety & DC Staley does end up with 3 capable starting corners on his defense besides Ramsey then in any need Ramsey could shift back to deep safety & make our opponents QB's world a nightmare.
Avery Williamson is an ILB and would be a Littleton replacement . I agree safety isn’t a priority though.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Travin Howard (entering his 3rd Rams Training Camp) who was a safety in college might be reconsidered under new DC Staley to be more SS than ILB too
Are you sure about Safety? Howard entered TCU as a Safety, but all of his production later was at LB. I think he will be a great replacement for Littleton.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Are you sure about Safety? Howard entered TCU as a Safety, but all of his production later was at LB. I think he will be a great replacement for Littleton.
Yes you are mostly correct!

In addition, @ this time I have Travin Howard replacing Littleton @ one of the ILB'er posts too. When Snead had a lot of contact with Travin Howard it was when Howard starting at safety during the 2017 Valero Alamo Bowl when he was awarded the Defensive Most Valuable Player. Snead just so happen to draft Howard the following 2018 draft.

Years earlier Howard became a star at Longview High School while starting @ safety where, he earned District Defensive MVP honors as a senior for the Lobos in 2013. Back in 2015 his first season starting @ safety won Defensive MVP in the Alamo Bowl in his first of two MVP awards playing safety.

In seasons 2016 & 2017 Howard did mostly play OLB'er but @ times did switch to play safety during games. In 2016 starting for TCU in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl started the entire game @ safety.