2013 NFL Draft/Prospect Discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
Don't know if you guys know about this one yet or not, but it is a pretty good site to find videos on a player pretty fast. They have most of em.

<a class="postlink" href="http://draftbreakdown.com/category/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://draftbreakdown.com/category/videos</a>
Yeah, good site.
http://www.drafttek.com Good draft site.

Another good video site :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVWm9pNiXYY Thathighlightchannel.

I like the work draftbreakdown does the best. They are not just highlights, they are games.

Simba

Rookie
Username said:
Mayock is now saying the Chiefs should consider taking Warmack 1st overall. Omfg. I'm not arguing that he's a great prospect, but oh my freak. :roll:

It's just becouse for him "it's a poor draft",and Johnson would be our choise ... Right now, I'am listening to we are going to trade up ...

Simba

Rookie
shaunpinney said:
I'm not sure I can see us trading "up" down maybe...

We are in good position for draft ... everyone says so.But it's not wonderful draft for qb and wr position.So everyone's interest, converge on OLM.And we risk losing the players that we are really concerned.We could trade down too, but is necessary to see what happens before.Just if we haven't interesting players to choise we are going to trade down ...

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
What do y'all think about targeting Collin Klein late in the draft? Not as a QB but as a TE(where he'll workout at the combine).

Very intriguing option to me

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
libertadrocks said:
What do y'all think about targeting Collin Klein late in the draft? Not as a QB but as a TE(where he'll workout at the combine).

No. I'd rather take a guy who knows the position instead. Gavin Escobar would be a very good addition in the third round (although at the rate he's going, he may end up late second).

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm finding this year's draft a little uneasy - not the strongest I've seen recently, a limited 'elite' presence or rather sure fire top 10's so I'm not sure if there's much of a difference picking at 6 or 16 this year. it really depends on who goes at 1 and 2 - will it be Joeckel or Smith...

For us as Rams, I'm more interested to see who we pick up in Free Agency first, there are a few of our own I'd like back in the fold and a few names from the wider FA pool that I'd like to see try out.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
libertadrocks said:

No. I'd rather take a guy who knows the position instead. Gavin Escobar would be a very good addition in the third round (although at the rate he's going, he may end up late second).

He'd be a project, but he has the athleticism, work ethic, and size to be a good TE. You know he'll work his ass off to be successful. You would even throw a 6th or 7th at him? Right now he grades as borderline draftable.

Simba

Rookie
libertadrocks said:
Memento said:
libertadrocks said:

He'd be a project, but he has the athleticism, work ethic, and size to be a good TE. You know he'll work his ass off to be successful. You would even throw a 6th or 7th at him? Right now he grades as borderline draftable.

I Would choose Tyler Eifert for TE-position.We could cover a need in passing game without drafting a WR.Hiring FA OLM and taking Warmack or Johnson,would give us the chance to call him to 22nd pick of the first round.He is a Gronko-copy!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000143694/article/chance-warmack-smaller-than-expected-meet-luke-marquardt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap100 ... -marquardt</a>
» Another Alabama offensive lineman created a stir at Thursday's weigh-ins. D.J. Fluker weighed in at 339 pounds, 16 pounds lighter than he was at the Senior Bowl last month. There is a debate among evaluators regarding Fluker's ideal pro position, with some believing he lacks the athleticism to play offensive tackle. This weight loss is a good sign that he's recognized the need to improve his foot quickness in order to remain at the tackle position on NFL draft boards.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tavon Austin Presser

[stl]1a37ddf3-9a1a-41c3-a8c8-e4379fd6d943[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Combine-West-Virginia-WR-Tavon-Austin-Presser/1a37ddf3-9a1a-41c3-a8c8-e4379fd6d943" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 379fd6d943</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
Username said:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000143694/article/chance-warmack-smaller-than-expected-meet-luke-marquardt
» Another Alabama offensive lineman created a stir at Thursday's weigh-ins. D.J. Fluker weighed in at 339 pounds, 16 pounds lighter than he was at the Senior Bowl last month. There is a debate among evaluators regarding Fluker's ideal pro position, with some believing he lacks the athleticism to play offensive tackle. This weight loss is a good sign that he's recognized the need to improve his foot quickness in order to remain at the tackle position on NFL draft boards.

So say that Fluker does look good, do you think he's worth the pick at 16? Say Warmack, Johnson, Patterson, Vaccaro are all off the board... You think they go Fluker at 16 and then Austin at 22 (if Amendola does in fact walk), or you think they only see Fluker as worthwhile at 22? If Amendola stays and Patterson is there at 16, I believe Fluker will be there at 22. So you could take Patterson at 16 (or really anyone else).. But if Patterson is gone, there's no way Austin is there at 46, and if Amendola leaves we need to get someone like Austin to replace him.

I wouldn't mind Fluker at 16 and Austin and 22, then Kyle Long at 46, then S in the 4th. Don't know if Fisher will be looking to draft OLB, it may be what they address in FA given his comments at the position today.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000143694/article/chance-warmack-smaller-than-expected-meet-luke-marquardt

So say that Fluker does look good, do you think he's worth the pick at 16? Say Warmack, Johnson, Patterson, Vaccaro are all off the board... You think they go Fluker at 16 and then Austin at 22 (if Amendola does in fact walk), or you think they only see Fluker as worthwhile at 22? If Amendola stays and Patterson is there at 16, I believe Fluker will be there at 22. So you could take Patterson at 16 (or really anyone else).. But if Patterson is gone, there's no way Austin is there at 46, and if Amendola leaves we need to get someone like Austin to replace him.

I wouldn't mind Fluker at 16 and Austin and 22, then Kyle Long at 46, then S in the 4th. Don't know if Fisher will be looking to draft OLB, it may be what they address in FA given his comments at the position today.
I think Fluker will be in play at either draft position. The more scouts watch him, the more they like him. I'd be OK with him, he'd make a great RT.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think Fluker would be a great pickup, but i'm not 100% convinced he's a round 1, but it does depend on who goes early on - the Rams have plenty of needs...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
shaunpinney said:
I think Fluker would be a great pickup, but i'm not 100% convinced he's a round 1, but it does depend on who goes early on - the Rams have plenty of needs...
I felt the same way earlier.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[stl]92256787-5b09-43f5-a0ed-a1be39a8b6d9[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Combine-Alabama-OT-DJ-Fluker-Presser/92256787-5b09-43f5-a0ed-a1be39a8b6d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... be39a8b6d9</a>

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:

I'm actually not all that impressed with Fluker. Honestly, I would be pissed if we took him at #16. I'd rather we took him at #22 if we did. If Danny A is gone, and all those players are off the board, I don't think #16 is too high for Austin. All my opinion.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lineman that I like.

D.J. Fluker, Alabama 6-5 339 21 reps, 36.68 arms.

Lane Johnson, Oklahoma 6-6 303 28 reps 35.28 arms.

Kyle Long, Oregon 6-6 313 33.38 arms, did not bench.

Eric Fisher, Central Michigan 6-7 306 27 reps 34.48 arms.

Luke Joeckel Texas A&M 6-6 306 27 reps 34.28 arms.

Chris Faulk, LSU 6-5 331 25 reps 34.28 arms.

Chance Warmack, Alabama 6-2 317 DNP 34.68 arms.

Larry Warford, Kentucky 6-3 332 28 reps 33.38 arms

Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina 6-2 311 35 reps 33.08 arms

bluecoconuts

Legend
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:

I'm actually not all that impressed with Fluker. Honestly, I would be pissed if we took him at #16. I'd rather we took him at #22 if we did. If Danny A is gone, and all those players are off the board, I don't think #16 is too high for Austin. All my opinion.

If we took Austin and Fluker would it matter which was picked where?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
bluecoconuts said:
If we took Austin and Fluker would it matter which was picked where?

lol I guess not? It would be easier for me to fathom and control my rage if we picked him @ 22 though. :lol: