2013 NFL Draft/Prospect Discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd pass on Welker (slot), and maybe Jennings (age/injury).. Bowe depends on the price, I don't think Wallace hits the open market. Keep Amendola of course.

wolfman84

Rookie
I've followed a lot of the college games this year zeroing in on different prospects. I have a difficult time seeing a huge separation between Allen, Hunter, Woods, Williams, and Rogers. I find myself hoping we can trade back unless someone like Jarvis Jones, Manti Te'o, or Star Lotulelei are sill available at one of our picks. I'ld be interested in who some of you have noticed standing out in the crowd that the majority of the pundits aren't talking about. I'll give you two: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU and Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
I'd pass on Welker (slot), and maybe Jennings (age/injury).. Bowe depends on the price, I don't think Wallace hits the open market. Keep Amendola of course.
I'd sign Danny, and either Bowe or Jennings. I agree that Wallace won't hit the market. I would also be open to trading a pick for a player like Fitzgerald if someone like that gets shopped.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
I'd sign Danny, and either Bowe or Jennings. I agree that Wallace won't hit the market. I would also be open to trading a pick for a player like Fitzgerald if someone like that gets shopped.

I'd trade our two firsts for Fitzgerald and throw in someone else if needed. Oh man, Bradford, Fitzgerald, Amendola, Givens, Quick..... A man can dream...

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:

I'd trade our two firsts for Fitzgerald and throw in someone else if needed. Oh man, Bradford, Fitzgerald, Amendola, Givens, Quick..... A man can dream...

Way to much for a WR turning 30 before next year IMO

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Who are some of the safeties set to be FAs?

I also remember hearing that Ryan Clady is in a contract year for the Broncos. Hes gonna get a nice payday.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
wolfman84 said:
I've followed a lot of the college games this year zeroing in on different prospects. I have a difficult time seeing a huge separation between Allen, Hunter, Woods, Williams, and Rogers. I find myself hoping we can trade back unless someone like Jarvis Jones, Manti Te'o, or Star Lotulelei are sill available at one of our picks. I'ld be interested in who some of you have noticed standing out in the crowd that the majority of the pundits aren't talking about. I'll give you two: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU and Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA.
I only saw Georgia a few times this year, but damn Jarvis Jones looks like a superstar waiting to happen. If the Rams have the chance to draft him, even with a very good trade-back scenario available, I'd be disappointed if they didn't take him. He's a need (OLB) and a great talent.

We still need a safety and at least a guard, what are the rankings for those positions?

thehammer

Rookie
don't believe we need to draft a wr in the 1st rd. will say I've watched Elam and he looks under 5'10 and struggles to cover college te's with his height...not good...he is a fearless tackler and will be a st star..

the best safety is Reid followed by Rambo. McDonald is ok....hope the Rams end up with one of those 3..will say that garbage people are reading from joe's garage scouting saying Reid's slow is just that..garbage

wolfman84

Rookie
Safety wise, I really like the play of Tony Jefferson of Oklahoma. Started off a little slow coming off injury but has picked it up. Smaller, but covers a lot of ground and doesn't mind coming up and popping someone in run support. Shawn Williams of Georgia has looked impressive as well. I also like the idea picking up a second safety in the 6th round. Someone like Zeke Motta of ND or rolling the dice on Ray Ray Armstrong formally of Miami. I like the pairing of Jefferson and Armstrong, speed and power, along with the positive influence of a high character guy like Jefferson on Armstrong.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thehammer said:
don't believe we need to draft a wr in the 1st rd. will say I've watched Elam and he looks under 5'10 and struggles to cover college te's with his height...not good...he is a fearless tackler and will be a st star..

the best safety is Reid followed by Rambo. McDonald is ok....hope the Rams end up with one of those 3..will say that garbage people are reading from joe's garage scouting saying Reid's slow is just that..garbage

Reid and Rambo also happen to be a strong safeties, which we have no need for with Darian Stewart on our team. Only reason we'd need one is if we let him go for some stupid reason. What we need is a ballhawking free safety. The best pure ballhawkers are Jefferson (a first round talent, in my eyes; he'd be my first choice, but I don't think he'll fall to our spot in the second), McDonald (a high second rounder like Patrick Chung, also don't think he'll fall to us), and Elam. Only tight end I've seen Elam have trouble with was Lutzenkirker of Auburn. Otherwise, he's had no problems. And I see no reason why he wouldn't start; he'd be an upgrade over just about anyone else we could take.

Wide receiver is a major need (unless you want to be stuck with Gibson and Pettis). This class takes a major nosedive after the first four wideouts (Hunter, Allen, Woods, Williams), and Williams and Woods look more like good number twos than true number ones. We won't get a number one from this class if we don't use a first round pick on Hunter or Allen.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
thehammer said:

Reid and Rambo also happen to be a strong safeties, which we have no need for with Darian Stewart on our team. Only reason we'd need one is if we let him go for some stupid reason. What we need is a ballhawking free safety. The best pure ballhawkers are Jefferson (a first round talent, in my eyes; he'd be my first choice, but I don't think he'll fall to our spot in the second), McDonald (a high second rounder like Patrick Chung, also don't think he'll fall to us), and Elam. Only tight end I've seen Elam have trouble with was Lutzenkirker of Auburn. Otherwise, he's had no problems. And I see no reason why he wouldn't start; he'd be an upgrade over just about anyone else we could take.

Wide receiver is a major need (unless you want to be stuck with Gibson and Pettis). This class takes a major nosedive after the first four wideouts (Hunter, Allen, Woods, Williams), and Williams and Woods look more like good number twos than true number ones. We won't get a number one from this class if we don't use a first round pick on Hunter or Allen.

Memento, IMO we will target 2 safeties.

This board, almost unanimously, is a supporter of Stewart(Including me), but it's clear the coaching staff is not. Our safeties have been a weakness of ours and Stewart still cant get consistent playing time. Unless something changes, he will have to fight for a roster spot next year.

Agreed on the WR subject.

thehammer

Rookie
you need to do some research on Reid and rambo...

Quick and Givens are our starters next year at wr..you asked for thought..quess who just wanted applause...won't bother in the future

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like Stewart, but if he's still struggling to push Dahl to the sideline, then if we have a good S fall to us I'd take him. It's all going to depend on where we are drafting and who is available.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I would like to see Rams draft Barrett Jones. That dude is a beast. He can be the C for the next decade. Or LT. Want physical team...Jones is that guy.

Barrett Jones and WR.

IDK who's who @ WR yet. It all depends on Quick and how he finishes the season. Quick has the look...not the play. Yet.

xander47

Rookie
On ESPN insider midseason draft, Kiper has the Rams with DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson

Other WR: T.Williams Baylor to BUF, J.Hunter Tennessee to MIA, K.Allen Cal to MIN, T.Austin W.Virginia to SEA

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Speculation on my part, but does anyone else see Kenny Britt in the picture during the off-season. Heads are gonna roll in Tenn, Britt's already on the outs there and he is Fish's guy right? I could see a trade with a late round pick, maybe secondary depth like B-Fletch? I think it's a real possibility, though I'm not too sold on the player.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Warner4Prez said:
Speculation on my part, but does anyone else see Kenny Britt in the picture during the off-season. Heads are gonna roll in Tenn, Britt's already on the outs there and he is Fish's guy right? I could see a trade with a late round pick, maybe secondary depth like B-Fletch? I think it's a real possibility, though I'm not too sold on the player.

Fletcher is a FA after seasons end.

Problem with Britt is off the field stuff. He seams to have little interest in staying away from trouble. Great talent tho.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
libertadrocks said:
Warner4Prez said:

Fletcher is a FA after seasons end.

Problem with Britt is off the field stuff. He seams to have little interest in staying away from trouble. Great talent tho.

Good call on Fletcher, I was unaware.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I will be a thrilled Rams fan if they can come away from the 2013 Draft with Luke Joekel (1st), Manti Te'o (1st), and Barrett Jones (2nd)! Although, it is probably a long-shot that any of those players will be available at those picks when the Rams pick!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Watching the Alabama vs Georgia game. I watch very little college football but I want to know more about this RB #42 Lacy. Is he draft eligible this year? Reminds me of Steven Jackson. Also the Georgia LB #9 Ogletree looks fantastic. Any chance either of these guys end up in horns?