20 Random Draft Day Approaching Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I don't even think all 11 picks could currently make this roster.
It appears that there’s currently a clear demarcation for the Rams in this year’s draft: those players selected with the first four picks will be bona fide starting calibre players (even if not immediately, then a year or two down the line), while those picked after our round four break will be depth and special teams aces, especially given the rule changes and the fact that we need a reliable kicker.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
For me I like 19 and 52 vs 13 and 64.

I think giving up 52 to move up 6 spots is a bit much (my feeling on this draft is that the difference between pick 13 and 19 is less than picks 52 and 64).

But I wouldn't be opposed to trading up. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to trading down either if they have a pod of players similarly ranked.

Its more just the concept of saying "we need more picks" - I think that was true in previous years, now I think the focus needs to be "we need good players" - I don't even think all 11 picks could currently make this roster.
I think this roster certainly has more than just a couple of holes in it. So give me as many picks in the top 100 as possible, without degrading too much value in that 19th pick.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Am I the only one that feels that Young may be close to being maxed out? He is already 26 and may have benefitted greatly from the AD effect.

I think he may just be a secondary rusher that gets clean up sacks.
This feels right... but I'll give you a reason for optimism - the time he spent away from football - so perhaps he can still improve on technique (hand usage and counter moves).

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
For me I like 19 and 52 vs 13 and 64.

I think giving up 52 to move up 6 spots is a bit much (my feeling on this draft is that the difference between pick 13 and 19 is less than picks 52 and 64).

But I wouldn't be opposed to trading up. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to trading down either if they have a pod of players similarly ranked.

Its more just the concept of saying "we need more picks" - I think that was true in previous years, now I think the focus needs to be "we need good players" - I don't even think all 11 picks could currently make this roster.
And what I would prefer is something like a trade down to 25 with Green Bay in exchange for 88 & 126. Maybe they give back 155 to GB to match value chart.

So that gives the Rams 25, 52, 83, 88, 99, 126.

Maybe even package 99 & 83 for pick 63 (matches the trade value chart) if you want to split the difference between quantity and quality.

So how about 25, 52, 63, 88, 126.

...vs no trades
Rams have picks - 19, 52, 83, 99

Or trade up #1 giving up 52 for major move
Rams have picks - 11, 83, 99

Or trade up #2, only moving up 4 spots for say Verse /Mitchell/ Arnold
Rams have picks - 15, 52, 99

Give me the most picks in that top 125 or so.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
8. Is there a universe in which Alaric Jackson gets an offer with a 2nd round tender (doubtful), and...

9. …if he did, would the Rams be better off letting him go and going after (even if it means packaging the acquired pick in a trade) a top LT (intriguing)?
When is the deadline, for another team to make an offer?