20 Random 2-0 Feels Pretty Good Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Every win feels good...

2. ...but that was a bit closer than it should have been.

3. Okay, the Colts got a free 7 points off a fluke play, so there is that.

4. The defense is not fully in synch, in my estimation. I think they'll get there, though. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

5. Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey had big plays late. Guess that's why we pay them the big bucks.

6. Sebastian Joseph-Day has really made himself into a player, and this may have been his best game as a pro (9 tackles, 1 sack, 2 QB hits). You can also see how Donald reacts to him... he knows that SJD really works at his craft.

7. Matthew Stafford faced a higher degree of difficulty today. He wasn't perfect, but he was pretty darn good.

8. Cooper Kupp is having an All-Pro season. He is the complete package.

9. I didn't love the run call to Kupp on 3rd down on the go-ahead drive, but I understand the thought behind it. Colts called a perfect run blitz and Higbee really had no chance of picking it up.

10. In two games, the Rams have trailed for a total of 2:03 minutes (the time it took for the Rams to strike back after the punt gaffe).

11. FWIW, the Rams have defeated two 2020 playoff teams who had a combined record of 32-19 last year.

12. If you're reaction to #11 is, "yeah, but the teams the Rams beat aren't really that good," then I guess you're not impressed with the 49ers' start against Detroit and Philly (9-23 last year, combined) either.

13. Darrell Henderson did some good things but, man... that guy has trouble staying healthy. Hopefully his rib injury is minor and won't keep him out against Tampa next week. We're going to need all hands on deck.

14. Liked what I saw from Sony Michel in his limited action spelling Henderson. Really glad to have him on the roster.

15. Matt Gay looks really solid. Remember the adventure we had at PK at the start of last year. Ugh... don't ever want to go through that again.

16. Wentz showed flashes of the things that made Eagle fans so optimistic about him a few years back, but man... there's another guy who can't stay healthy.

17. Kenny Young's ejection was a bad moment. Who were the two guys who gave him a much needed talking-to... Donald and Ramsey, of course.

18. Out of the gate, the rookie who has seen the most playing time: Robert Rochell. Can't say I called that one. On the flip side, Terrell Burgess is really struggling to find a role coming back from his injury.

19. The OL is holding up nicely over the first two weeks.

20. Really looking forward to see how this team looks against the defending champs next week!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
#11 OBTW the combined records of both the Colts and the Bears was 19 and 13 last year in the regular season.
Just sayin'.....

`ArkyRamsFan~

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
,#6- don't talk about how good SJD looks, someone will chime in and tell you how he really sucks.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

#11 OBTW the combined records of both the Colts and the Bears was 19 and 13 last year in the regular season.
Just sayin'.....

`ArkyRamsFan~

4. The defense is not fully in synch, in my estimation. I think they'll get there, though. Sooner rather had big plays late. Guess that's why we pay them the big bucks.

6. Sebastian Joseph-Day has really made himself into a player, and this may have been his best game as a pro (9 tackles, 1 sack, 2 QB hits). You can also see how Donald reacts to him... he knows that SJD really works at his craft.

7. Matthew Stafford faced a higher degree of difficulty today. He wasn't perfect, but he was pretty darn good.

9. I didn't love the run call to Kupp on 3rd down on the go-ahead drive, but I understand the thought behind it. Colts called a perfect run blitz and Higbee really had no chance of picking it up.

10. In two games, the Rams have trailed for a total of 2:03 minutes (the time it took for the Rams to strike back after the punt gaffe).

11. FWIW, the Rams have defeated two 2020 playoff teams who had a combined record of 32-19 last year.

12. If you're reaction to #11 is, "yeah, but the teams the Rams beat aren't really that good," then I guess you're not impressed with the 49ers' start against Detroit and Philly (9-23 last year, combined) either.

13. Darrell Henderson did some good things but, man... that guy has trouble staying healthy. Hopefully his rib injury is minor and won't keep him out against Tampa next week. We're going to need all hands on deck.

14. Liked what I saw from Sony Michel in his limited action spelling Henderson. Really glad to have him on the roster.

15. Matt Gay looks really solid. Remember the adventure we had at PK at the start of last year. Ugh... don't ever want to go through that again.

16. Wentz showed flashes of the things that made Eagle fans so optimistic about him a few years back, but man... there's another guy who can't stay healthy.

17. Kenny Young's ejection was a bad moment. Who were the two guys who gave him a much needed talking-to... Donald and Ramsey, of course.

18. Out of the gate, the rookie who has seen the most playing time: Robert Rochell. Can't say I called that one. On the flip side, Terrell Burgess is really struggling to find a role coming back from his injury.

20. Really looking forward to see how this team looks against the defending champs next week!
Just sayin'.....

`ArkyRamsFan~
Thanks. I had 19/32 in my head and mistyped that one.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

4. The defense is not fully in synch, in my estimation. I think they'll get there, though. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

5. Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey had big plays late. Guess that's why we pay them the big bucks.

I thought it was a tough but really entertaining game. Not surprised to see the Colts give us a tough game on the road. Not surprised to see that the D and ST are not quite at full speed. It's what I expected.

Rams could have broken it open but for many near misses on D and the own goal by Scott on the punt snap. But Stafford, Kupp, Sony Michel and the running game, and of course AD and Jalen Ramsay on D came through when it counted.

D made really tough stands at the start to keep the Colts out of the end zone, then put enormous pressure on Wentz throughout the game. Good enough to win and could easily have been much more one sided. D will make up for it next week against a stationary Brady.

Vintage Wentz: Eluding most of what would have been a lot of sacks against another qb. Made plays. Then his reckless play caught up with him against AD when he should have just taken a sack. Instead he got hurt trying to make a play which wasn't there and took himself and the Colts out of the game.

Pleased to see McVay run the ball as much as he did. Imo it's the right strategy on the road and what I hoped he would do. It worked. So did the Stafford- Kupp connection. Playing with his new best friend Kupp may end up with north of 1500 yards and 15-20 TDs. By Week 6.

Hope Henderson is ok but ribs will take time to heal. Hello, Sony Michel and Jake Funk!

Last edited:
Name
SparkleStick
Just sayin'.....

`ArkyRamsFan~
Lol. Did someone take this name from me on stltoday? Because I went by ArkansasMadeRam. NOBODY from Arkansas calls themselves an Arky. That's considered an insult and I live in Arkansas and was raised there.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Random thought 21 - 103 of Kupp's yards today - 103 - were YACs.

Best. 3rd. Round. Pick. EVER.

TheTackle

Starter
I have four more:

Troy Reeder made some big plays including 2 goal-line stops and a tipped pass on the 2 point conversation that unfortunately fell to the Colts

Is it me, or are teams picking on Darius Williams, who is not playing up to his standards last year?

On last night's performance, Quenton Nelson is one of the dirtiest players in the league

If Stafford had made some relatively easy throws to Jefferson and Woods we would have blown them away. Stafford played well but missed a few throws last night. For example, a wide-open Higbee with a 1st and goal beckoning that would have effectively closed out the game

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As to special teams why have they given up to big kick returns right from the get go, come Matty Gay, kick it out of the damn end zone. Hekker needs to get back into shape, horrendous punt, plus the gaffe not jumping on the ball on the goal line, let's go Johnny because you're not looking so good.

Offense played well, after Stafford banged his hand again, he seemed to struggle a bit after that, but rallied. Henderson was playing well, too bad he can't just stay healthy. Offensive Line has looked good, Havenstein been very solid and Brian Allen proving it was the right move to insert him into the starting Center.

Tano

Legend
As to special teams why have they given up to big kick returns right from the get go, come Matty Gay, kick it out of the damn end zone. Hekker needs to get back into shape, horrendous punt, plus the gaffe not jumping on the ball on the goal line, let's go Johnny because you're not looking so good.

Offense played well, after Stafford banged his hand again, he seemed to struggle a bit after that, but rallied. Henderson was playing well, too bad he can't just stay healthy. Offensive Line has looked good, Havenstein been very solid and Brian Allen proving it was the right move to insert him into the starting Center.
I really believe the coach is telling Gay to kick it short on the opening kickoffs because he kicks it almost out of the end zone on every other kick.

And for the life of me, I cannot understand why they are doing that. Just let them start at the 25 and go with it.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I have four more:

Troy Reeder made some big plays including 2 goal-line stops and a tipped pass on the 2 point conversation that unfortunately fell to the Colts

Is it me, or are teams picking on Darius Williams, who is not playing up to his standards last year?

On last night's performance, Quenton Nelson is one of the dirtiest players in the league

If Stafford had made some relatively easy throws to Jefferson and Woods we would have blown them away. Stafford played well but missed a few throws last night. For example, a wide-open Higbee with a 1st and goal beckoning that would have effectively closed out the game
Yeah, from what I listened to on the radio last night and from what I saw last week, Darius Williams certainly hasn't been the same. At times been a liability.

Also, can not understand why Raheem can't adjust to teams doing these quick plays. The damn coverage is so soft and allowing it to happen up and down the field.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I have four more:

I thought Jefferson and Woods dropped some difficult but very catchable passes

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
To number 17. Both Donald and Ramsey gave Young a talking to and you could tell he was still pretty enraged. Then Leonard Floyd put his hand on his helmet and it was like that intensity melted away.

The Ramowl

Starter
So we had a bad lapse that got us from 6-17 to 21-17, but the impressive thing was the reaction: simple refusal to be beaten like that, super fast drive for a TD. In that way, this is reminiscent of the Chiefs, a team that can get sleepy when ahead, complacent even, but as soon as the opponents catch up, they come back online instead of letting things go out of control and reverses the momentum. This was great to see, not every team con do that, and I think Stafford helps with this, he carries a lot of confidence.

The defense however worries me vs Tampa because their offense is firing on all cylinders and looking very efficient. If we defend them the way we have defended CHicago and Indy, we'll have to go in a shootout. I don't feel great on that match up. Brady won't have 0 points in the first two red zone trips, I'm putting my money on this without bliking. We also had a few drops that really hurt us on offense and this needs to be fixed. We don't need to have a perfect game to win against Tampa, but if we can't stay on the field for an entire quarter and give them free points, we won't get away with it.

We might be the kind of team that rises up to occasions though. To me this game will tell us if we'll have a 9-10 wins season or a 13-15 wins season.

Also, wow to the level of competition in that division. One of this team will have to end up last and it's really hard to picture right now.

Tano

Legend
Yeah, from what I listened to on the radio last night and from what I saw last week, Darius Williams certainly hasn't been the same. At times been a liability.

Also, can not understand why Raheem can't adjust to teams doing these quick plays. The damn coverage is so soft and allowing it to happen up and down the field.
I have noticed that Williams is consistently playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and is not recovering fast enough to stop the consistent 9 yard throws Wentz was making yesterday.

Plus Williams was being required to tackle the TE a few times on those plays as well and the TE was just too big for him.

I blame the scheme more than I blame Williams.

Lock him down on the receiver and just let him go at it. He is much better at that.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I will take your #9 and raise…I HATED that run call to Kupp for a couple of reasons:
1. At that point in the game, the Colts were keying on Kupp…especially on 3rd down.
2. Stafford had just carved up the Colt defense to push the Rams ahead, and ALL Runs on this sequence?
3. Kupp’s run took him horizontal…made me cringe seeing his knee getting crushed from the side on that run blitz.
Random thought….did anyone else see the Colt’s WR Pittman Jr throwing very cheap shots at Ramsey and Young in the run game? I did

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I have noticed that Williams is consistently playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and is not recovering fast enough to stop the consistent 9 yard throws Wentz was making yesterday.

Plus Williams was being required to tackle the TE a few times on those plays as well and the TE was just too big for him.

I blame the scheme more than I blame Williams.

Lock him down on the receiver and just let him go at it. He is much better at that.
I won't disagree with that. Scheme is too soft right now.