#2 Quarterback?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now that the 2020 Rams are mostly assembled, I find it interesting that the 3 players competing to be Goff's back-up are all undrafted free agents. As of now, whoever wins out between Wolford, Love, and Perkins will be the number 2 quarterback.

Have the Rams seen something in Wolford to believe he can be elevated from the practice squad? Or are they going to bring Bortles back? Maybe Cam Newton (haha!)? Colin Kaepernick?:zany:

Seriously, I liked what I saw from Wolford last preseason. He seemed to have that "it" factor moving the offense. But that's me. However I can't believe McVay would entrust the season to an unproven, undrafted player in Wolford (or another rookie) should Goff go down. But stranger things have happened.

Or are the Rams waiting to clear some cap space to bring in a vet?

Questions. Questions.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I believe McVay said that the idea now is for Wolford to be the number 2, but they obviously have two rookies, so who knows.

My guess is that unless Goff goes down (knock on wood) they don't want to be spending money at the position.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is a good topic @Bootleg. Yeah, I am right where you are at.

I trust McVay on this. But I am surprised.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Perkins is my choice. I'm scared of his throwing mechanics, but you can't teach his speed, and he could be our version of Taysom Hill (except better because Perkins isn't a fucking Aint).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You know what? Fuck it. I'm FEELIN THE LOVE!!!

1590712939956.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The UCF radio guy is someone I talk to. He is very tight with Bortles. He told me several weeks ago that the Rams have an offer on the table for Blake. Apparently he's holding out on signing it just in case of an injury that might propel his value suddenly. No rush right now to sign in other words.

This guy is solid with his info too. Straight journalistic. So I think that we will see Blake back as long as he doesn't get a better opportunity somehow.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Yeah... according to my guy who is tight with Blake... there's no hurt feelings in this. Bortles is just using patience in his decision process right now. Makes sense.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Yeah... according to my guy who is tight with Blake... there's no hurt feelings in this. Bortles is just using patience in his decision process right now. Makes sense.

I am still hoping Bortles starts the 2020 Season as the Rams #2 QB!

MolaRam

UDFA
Now that the 2020 Rams are mostly assembled, I find it interesting that the 3 players competing to be Goff's back-up are all undrafted free agents. Maybe Cam Newton (haha!)? Colin Kaepernick?:zany:

Seriously, I liked what I saw from Wolford last preseason. He seemed to have that "it" factor moving the offense. But that's me. However I can't believe McVay would entrust the season to an unproven, undrafted player in Wolford (or another rookie) should Goff go down. But stranger things have happened.

Or are the Rams waiting to clear some cap space to bring in a vet?

Questions. Questions.

1590714942147.png

Just one hell of a Frakking NO to fig newton. There is no WE in ME. (and no upside down letters are allowed in Coach McVays scheme).

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I would much rather have Blake Bortles than Cam Newton.

I have seen enough of that mess.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The UCF radio guy is someone I talk to. He is very tight with Bortles. He told me several weeks ago that the Rams have an offer on the table for Blake. Apparently he's holding out on signing it just in case of an injury that might propel his value suddenly. No rush right now to sign in other words.

This guy is solid with his info too. Straight journalistic. So I think that we will see Blake back as long as he doesn't get a better opportunity somehow.

This all makes sense, if you just step back and look.

I think the Rams like Wolford. So do I. But I like a vet with some NFL game experience behind Goff.

This is a playoff team. Your backup is no straight replacement for the starter (Goff) but we can’t be unsure at #2 with that as our goal. (As much as Wolford intrigues - he isn’t proven).