1st Round | Pick 10, Rams select: RB Todd Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Interesting choice to say the least, I'm a bit taken back since it seems that there isn't much of a premium on running backs anymore.

I don't hate the pick, I don't know much about him to judge yet.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I've loved Gurley for a few years now. Just shocked we drafted him. Didn't seem like a great need. Maybe they are envisioning the one-two punch with he and Mason. I bet this spells the end for Pead and maybe Stacy too.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
In the first round you draft big talent gurley = big talent

o linemen that were available were lesser talents. This is why I believe that the current front office is on the right track to vet us back to the playoffs and winning football

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im not sure how I feel about this, I dont hate it but I dont love it either. He was obviously bpa but not a true need and coming off an injury. There could have been many picks at 10 that I absolutely would have hated so im ok with this I guess as long as they actually get some olinemen

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm fine with the pick ONLY IF his knees can hold up. I'm not sure I would have taken that risk. If we get the pre-injury Gurley, it's a solid pick. Didn't really like any of the OL at 10 and I wasn't sure about Parker. So....there wasn't much to choose from, IMO. Gurley it is.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Best RB prospect since AP. This move tells me that this team is confident in re-signing Barks and maybe signing Blalock. Foles isn't going to be asked to win us games, Foles will be asked to manage the game. OL Picks are coming in the mid-rounds, I guarantee it.

This is a shocker, but Gurley is a guy everyone loved in this draft, it was just a question of who loved him the most.

dhaab

Rookie
Y

YouTube?? Ok, then watch Melvin Gordon highlights. Confused by this pick for a couple of reasons...

Gordon is a great player, no doubt, but remember he had fumbling issues at times. I think that may hold him back in his pro career.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best RB prospect since AP. This move tells me that this team is confident in re-signing Barks and maybe signing Blalock. Foles isn't going to be asked to win us games, Foles will be asked to manage the game. OL Picks are coming in the mid-rounds, I guarantee it.

This is a shocker, but Gurley is a guy everyone loved in this draft, it was just a question of who loved him the most.

Sounds like a possible recipe to me.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Please tell me the Rams will hold him off the field for awhile so that his knee is 110% and he gets to see the speed of the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Please tell me the Rams will hold him off the field for awhile so that his knee is 110% and he gets to see the speed of the NFL.

When did Mason really see the field?

I think that's why Gurley didn't scare them. He's not starting week 1 if healthy anyway.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Thrilled! Really seems like this regime will stick to their board and take the guy they like. The common theme I notice from this regime is they are all athletic freaks at their positions. I think they really like the raw super athletes that have a love for the game. This selection of Gurley really solidifies my confidence in the way the this regime scouts talent. If this guy is healthy I think the Rams make the playoffs in 2016.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Congratulations. You just passed on Andrus Peat and DeVante Parker to piss off Tre Mason. Well done, Snisher.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Congratulations. You just passed on Andrus Peat and DeVante Parker to pee pee off Tre Mason. Well done, Snisher.

And they should worry about what Mason feels in their decision making? (n)

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
First Snisher pick where I haven't been ecstatic but I get it.

I have a fundamental belief to avoid RBs in the first but Gurley is obviously very special.

The durability is my hang-up though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And they should worry about what Mason feels in their decision making? (n)

No, I don't care about that. I care that we fucking passed on two players that we needed for someone that we didn't. Horrible, horrible pick.