10 Observations from OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t disagree with any of the points brought up btw. I just think Atlanta running at will in the 2nd prevented us from any chance at a comeback by keeping our offense on the sideline and eating the clock. We showed some life in the third quarter. But every time Atlanta took the field their run game took any chance at a comeback away.

Tano

Legend
Falcons made a point of stopping Todd Gurley as a receiver. He never got untracked.

Without that the Rams offense is a lot more ordinary. Rams had a lot of short completions in the 4th quarter but the big play element they had been living on all season was MIA pretty much all day.

In my original write up on this game, the Falcons completely stopped the Rams in the first quarter. It was a very bad quarter for Goff and the Offense. After McVay made adjustments, the Rams pretty much moved at will up and down the field against the Falcons except for one series in the 3rd quarter.

However, the Rams could only convert one of these drives into a TD. They kept messing up in the red zone especially with 3 TD drops by the receivers.

Still makes it a respectable game for Goff imo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The wrestler that slapped Andy Kaufman???? That's awesome...

Still don't think his g-son makes the squad...

If a dude his size is breakin up passes down the seam.... THAT is something I wouldn't be too sure about.

Long way to go of course, but talk about a great start for a guy livin on a lottery ticket holy crap.

Tano

Legend
Whatevers....

For those with shorter memories than my own...check the play by play....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201712100ram.htm

no need to get in a titzy fit....if some believe that was a lights out game...I can see why our opinions ALWAYS differ....I saw an average game....below average in the first half...

I changed the Eagles to respectable in my last post and I have always posted that the Falcons game has been respectable imo - not lights out

Jags and the Vikings are the only two defenses that can say they kept the Rams offense under control

Falcons can say they played a good game but their offense helped them out immensely.

Eagles? Sorry 35 points allowed (7 special teams) is not a good day by the defense. They got lucky they won that game. Some really controversial calls also benefited them on offense as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I changed the Eagles to respectable in my last post and I have always posted that the Falcons game has been respectable imo - not lights out

Jags and the Vikings are the only two defenses that can say they kept the Rams offense under control

Falcons can say they played a good game but their offense helped them out immensely.

Eagles? Sorry 35 points allowed (7 special teams) is not a good day by the defense. They got lucky they won that game. Some really controversial calls also benefited them on offense as well.

The Tru penalty where he was gnawing with Alshon was one of the worst penalties of the season. That ref was shaving points IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like this interviewer. I've seen the woods one and this one. The interview flows well.

Me too. She seems to be a natural. Cool and comfortable. Hopefully she starts picking up on the intricacies of football more so she can ask some deeper questions. That is one thing that I have always liked about Kay Adams. She knows her football.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So John Johnson said Sam Shields is the fastest man he's seen on a football field?

I had no idea. Or is he talking about mental processing or something?

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
So John Johnson said Sam Shields is the fastest man he's seen on a football field?

I had no idea. Or is he talking about mental processing or something?
Sam Shields' actually set a University of Miami all-time record for the 40-yard dash at 4.26 seconds.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sean McVay: "How fast is Brandin Cooks? Oh gosh!" :cool:
giphy.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Both games were lost...essentially by a failure to execute early in the game by the #1 scoring offense...maybe could have awoken the defense vs Eagles...maybe could have given us a boost vs the Falcons...
The number of punts early in these game contributed to the opponents momentum. Team game..but we knew the defense was 19th....what we didn't anticipate was the turnovers in these games...in this instance, you need a calm steady offense to answer back...quickly.
Respectable to you..ok to me...losing in the end because of lack of execution.
Seattle too...and one more...can't think of it...

But to deny the Falcons controlled our offense is just dishonest...we scored 13 points...
Their offense shows the value of a #1 wr target...QB that can move in the pocket...press corners...(man, did you see your boy Cooper Kupp struggling to get open?)....quality at the TE position (it aint Higbee)...and...no matter how good of a plan McVay draws up...it's up to the QB...to make game winning decisions(when does Gurley touch the ball, do I throw it to Higbee, Kupp, Woods, or Watkins????)....

Tight window throws killed us...we're terrible in the redzone...the number of times we get in an opponents 30, 20 yard line...and either settle for a FG, have a turnover...or loss of downs...we have to get the ball in the endzone....I don't wanna see us kicking FG's in the preseason...NE doesn't...
Pros make their own luck...skilled team on both sides of ball...excellent team speed...physical team...heady QB...we didn't come ready to match their intensity...and we couldn't slow Wentz down after our own defense came up with a pick early....NRC I believe...in this type of game...I need an offense..that can go blow for blow....hoping the D can make one or two stops late to win the game...doubtful, but a chance.