LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Wow! What an amazing piece of music RedRam. Good God I wish I could play like that. Hell-0, I wish you or Primetime could play like that. I've seen Dream Theater 5 times, but I've never heard this astounding production. Let's see if you can guess how these videos tie-in to Liquid Tension Experiment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dte3-sSkWic

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bGzWyHbu0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q

I wish I could play, period. Prime got the musical talent in the family. Although, if he would show me how to play something, I usually could pick it up. (Monkey see, monkey do) But, I had no clue about what I was really doing. I had no ear for tuning, and keeping tuned, a guitar. I got plenty of :poop: for that from PT! :rant::whistle:;)

I know the last two for sure having seen both. Portnoy played drums for AS after their drummer passed away. Levin played for Gabriel (also saw him with King Crimson). The first one I have to guess Rudess because I certainly didn't hear Petrucci.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I wish I could play, period. Prime got the musical talent in the family. Although, if he would show me how to play something, I usually could pick it up. (Monkey see, monkey do) But, I had no clue about what I was really doing. I had no ear for tuning, and keeping tuned, a guitar. I got plenty of :poop: for that from PT! :rant::whistle:;)

I know the last two for sure having seen both. Portnoy played drums for AS after their drummer passed away. Levin played for Gabriel (also saw him with King Crimson). The first one I have to guess Rudess because I certainly didn't hear Petrucci.

Don't remember being that mean to you but it's probably true anyway. I have always been totally supportive of my son's musical endeavors even when I felt like criticizing him. But back then I was Mr. Hyde and now I lean more towards Dr. Jekyll.

My friend, whom you might remember as Old Doug, once told me, "Listen pal, some are meant to play music while the rest of us are meant to sit back and enjoy it." Good advice.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Don't remember being that mean to you but it's probably true anyway. I have always been totally supportive of my son's musical endeavors even when I felt like criticizing him. But back then I was Mr. Hyde and now I lean more towards Dr. Jekyll.

My friend, whom you might remember as Old Doug, once told me, "Listen pal, some are meant to play music while the rest of us are meant to sit back and enjoy it." Good advice.

Mean? It's all relative. Especially when you're a relative! ;)

Looking back, I should've taken more initiative in learning how to tune and take care of guitars especially since you'd allow me to play around with them despite me freakin' up the tuning all the time!

I doubt I could forget Doug even if I tried. He was a character to say the least.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Just saw these guys in concert last night. Great to see them. Hard to believe Hall is 69 years old. Cool light show but did get blinded a few times.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I doubt I could forget Doug even if I tried. He was a character to say the least.

Unfortunately, according to one of his sons, he ended up in prison for child molestation. Damn!!! All that crank he used and wine he drank must have done a number on his brain. :baghead:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Unfortunately, according to one of his sons, he ended up in prison for child molestation. Damn!!! All that crank he used and wine he drank must have done a number on his brain. :baghead:

:wtf: :shocked: That's seriously messed up. Something's not right in the head there. That stuff should never happen. Never.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
:wtf: :shocked: That's seriously messed up. Something's not right in the head there. That stuff should never happen. Never.

I stayed in touch with him until around 1987. He came over to help me fix a VW van I had at the time. This was at the house in East San Jose. I lived with his girlfriends sister, Jerri, for quite a while after I got clean and sober. She was a great roommate until I found out she was dealing crank and her customers began coming over at all hours.

Doug was 15 years older than me and divorced. We used to chase women together all during the mid to late seventies. I should have known something was askew because the women he was with were always 15 to 20 years younger than him. Sick bastard. Hope he got some help so he doesn't hurt anyone else.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0jMPI_pUec

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 34]Dire Straits- Telegraph Road, Full Version - YouTube by BatteringRambo posted Feb 18, 2016 at 9:48 PM[/GALLERY]

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
@Prime Time, recognize the "old" guy on the right? He's still rockin! Great band, albums and especially live. [GALLERY=media, 35]Black Star Riders - Blindsided - YouTube by BatteringRambo posted Feb 18, 2016 at 9:56 PM[/GALLERY]

Last edited:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 36]soulfly - titans (video) HD - YouTube by BatteringRambo posted Feb 19, 2016 at 11:19 AM[/GALLERY]