Your Favorite Sports Announcers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. We took our boys to that rodeo a couple times. We actually almost bought a house just outside of Molalla right on the Molalla river. 5 acres but the house was badly ravaged in the '96 floods. Too bad too. It was a pretty cool place and had a really cool swimming hole.

W e used to do pretty well steelhead fishing on that river.

BTW... Do you know where the Alpenrose Dairy is in Portland? We lived right across the fence from it when we lived in Portland. They had the girls softball world series there, a 1/4 midget track, a little western town, and a real shooting gallery with live 22 rounds. They also had a kids rodeo called the Little Buckaroo. The Cadenaughs that owned were really cool people and constantly fought the city to prevent it from being rezoned as multi-family - which would have driven a real iconic piece of Portland out of business.
Yep, I actually went to Church with the Cadenaughs. We used to take our kids there on the Christmas season. They had this “storybrook” lane which my kids loved…horsedrawn carriage, a theatre showing all those Christmas claymation cartoons nonstop. Went there for a 4th of July picnic one year replete with a stunning us history pageant. Very very fond memories. My Dad and Mom moved to Portland in 1976 when I was a junior in High School.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep, I actually went to Church with the Cadenaughs. We used to take our kids there on the Christmas season. They had this “storybrook” lane which my kids loved…horsedrawn carriage, a theatre showing all those Christmas claymation cartoons nonstop. Went there for a 4th of July picnic one year replete with a stunning us history pageant. Very very fond memories. My Dad and Mom moved to Portland in 1976 when I was a junior in High School.
Yep. Small world indeed. Cheers.

sloramfan

Starter
pat summerall...

anti ram.. pro cowboy...

it was so awesome when the rams finally beat the cowboys in the playoffs...

go rams

slo

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
Born and raised in LA, I didn’t realize how special we had it with Vin Scully doing the Dodgers, Dick Enberg calling Rams games and the great Chick Hearn on the Lakers. It was only when I moved away in 74 and listened to other announcers that I realized how good they were.

I was also quite surprised how biased other city’s announcers were. It was never in doubt that our three were fans of the team, but they were never homers, and they called games very objectively.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
Well, ouch. Someone sure holds a grudge. Enjoy.

Aint nobody got time for that shit.
Sorry if I touched a nerve. But he was an alcoholic who used his celebrity status to expedite his medical procedure, presumably at the expense of someone without his public status. And he was vastly overrated as a PBP man, due in part to his prime years occurring during the NFL's peak period, IMO. I've seen another post in this thread referring to his biased commentary, also. If you refuse to acknowledge that, that indicates you just don't want to hear it.