Your Controversial Rams Takes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Cooks is not Deandre Hopkins so him catching the first TD would have been nice but way beyond his pay grade. Goff throw was late but more importantly it floated. I do agree Cooks had a good chance at the second catch. I would have liked to seen him fight for it a bit more. If Cooks catches both balls he’s the SB MVP and likely still on the Rams.
He was paid like a top 10 reciever at the time. That ball 100% should've been caught late or not.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
While Debartolo was a piece of shit, he wasn’t a Nazi/Holocaust sympathizer and virulent racist like Schott was.
Yeah but, she got her college degree so she can’t be a total idiot.

Sorry I couldn’t resist.
excited nhl GIF by SB Nation

Tano

Legend
He was paid like a top 10 reciever at the time. That ball 100% should've been caught late or not.
I always felt Cooks should have turned his back to the CB while the ball was in the air. He had enough time to do that.

The CB would have had to go over Cooks back to knock that ball out of his hands.

At worst it would have been PI. Otherwise Cooks catches that ball.

Tano

Legend
About the bolded: Georgia, while she sucked ass, wasn’t even the worst female owner in sports history. That dubious dishonor belongs to Marge Schott. Now she was pure evil, even by the standards of her time.
Both Marge and Georgia was evil. I mean Georgia did have her husband killed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Marge won though. Georgia had a brief window of winning thanks to Vermiel, that her and her garbage ass clown show front office immediately screwed up. Outside of that brief window her tenure was a total shit show. She had no business owning an NFL team.

I mean Georgia did have her husband killed.
Yeah man. Not only that but firing his son and team president the same week he was mourning his father's passing. Heartless bitch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think I'm gonna watch Heaven Can Wait this weekend. You know that movie was done with her in mind.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
gotta disagree, all time worst QB

1. Trent Dilfer

Trent Dilfer celebrates a Baltimore Ravens touchdown in Super Bowl XXXV
Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images
The Super Bowl MVP award often goes to the winning quarterback by default. Trent Dilfer was the test case where his performance was so bad they couldn't justify it. Dilfer was (if we're being generous) a game manager who rode a historically good defense to a Super Bowl XXXV win in his only season with the Baltimore Ravens. Improbably, he did throw one TD pass in that game, but 12 completions out of 25 attempts isn't exactly lighting the world on fire and probably angered his receivers.

train
Rothlessberger had a worse game I believe but because the refs were so bad his Steelers have 6 SB and Seahawks have 1. Even the Seahawks deserve a properly refed SB.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Marge won though. Georgia had a brief window of winning thanks to Vermiel, that her and her garbage ass clown show front office immediately screwed up. Outside of that brief window her tenure was a total shit show. She had no business owning an NFL team.

Yeah man. Not only that but firing his son and team president the same week he was mourning his father's passing. Heartless bitch.

What? Marge didn’t win shit. She ran the Reds into the ground in the eighties and nineties (mainly due to the way she treated black and Hispanic players), with more and more evil words and actions until Selig was forced to remove her not just once, but twice. And Georgia was evil, but to my knowledge, she wasn’t a literal Holocaust defender like Marge was.

nighttrain

Legend
What? Marge didn’t win shit. She ran the Reds into the ground in the eighties and nineties (mainly due to the way she treated black and Hispanic players), with more and more evil words and actions until Selig was forced to remove her not just once, but twice. And Georgia was evil, but to my knowledge, she wasn’t a literal Holocaust defender like Marge was.
one was total bitch, the other even moreso
train

Malibu

Pro Bowler
With current defense we could possibly not win a game or maybe only 2.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
one was total bitch, the other even moreso
train
I can accept that. I’m just glad they aren’t on our teams and being the Devil’s whores in hell - if it exists, and I’m not sure.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She won a World Series. But I suppose Georgia won a championship too.

I guess in my mind I associate Georgia as being worse because she fielded so many poor teams as the owner over time. Schott wasn't in charge as long, seemed like a really short tenure as owner though looking her up it was a bit longer than I thought. Could have sworn it was like 6 years with a title.

But maybe there's a special corner in hell for both of them where they get a double-headed pineapple at 3pm.

Tano

Legend
All I remember about Marge is that her all star shortstop (too lazy to look it up) hated diving for ground balls because she would let Shottzie run around on the infield before games

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All I remember about Marge is that her all star shortstop (too lazy to look it up) hated diving for ground balls because she would let Shottzie run around on the infield before games
Barry Larkin.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
About the bolded: Georgia, while she sucked ass, wasn’t even the worst female owner in sports history. That dubious dishonor belongs to Marge Schott. Now she was pure evil, even by the standards of her time.
Horrific person, Schott.. but, purely as an owner...
Did not make repeated decisions that dwindled fan base... and was so greedy for quick cash she moved the team from the second largest market in the nation. How do you fuck that up? She found a way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Horrific person, Schott.. but, purely as an owner...
Did not make repeated decisions that dwindled fan base... and was so greedy for quick cash she moved the team from the second largest market in the nation. How do you fuck that up? She found a way.
I have posted many times on this what goes around comes around. The expansion committee of the 90's had the Rams CFO John Shaw chairing that committee and he realized the amount of money that was available after the NFL decided on Carolina & Jacksonville, leaving Baltimore, St. Louis & Memphis out.

Shaw felt Los Angeles did not have passionate fans and wanted the Rams to relocate to Baltimore because in Baltimore on Sunday all there was to do was watch football. However, Baltimore did not have a Stadium in place and it would not be ready so quick so they turned to St. Louis, who led by former Senator Thomas Eagleton, threw a ton of money at the Rams to ensure they had a team in the new dome they were constructing. John Shaw had them put in the clause the stadium had to remain in the top tier because originally all the Rams wanted was the CVC to pay for janitorial service during the season, the CVC denied, but accepted the upper tier stadium clause because it cost nothing.

Fast Forward as the NFL asked Stan Kroenke to chair the Los Angeles Committee to find an owner for Los Angeles and thus, what goes around comes around. You can't make this stuff up.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I
I have to disagree here, IMO, this is the one time the Ram front office was on the same page across the board. The FO met with both Vermeil & Martz first they wanted Vermeil to be okay with agreeing to extend Martz, which Vermeil informed them, he would retire after his contract was up, which would have been after 2001 season. Martz was more than willing to wait the two years and be head coach in waiting and this was prior to the Super Bowl victory and Vermeil deciding, he wanted to go out on top.

In fact before Vermeil retired, George tried to talk him out of it, but Vefmeil felt at that time the time was right. Look I was never a fan of Frontier or Shaw, but they did right be Vermeil as the were indebted to him.

Owner Georgia Frontiere tried to talk Vermeil out of it, team president John Shaw said he should at least wait to make sure and special teams coach Frank Gansz made an impassioned plea. Rams players just wanted the best for the coach who made it a point to get to know all of them.
Agree it was Vermeil's decision, but he didn't think it through. Hasty reaction over a handful of days. Allowed himself to be persuaded that winning the Super Bowl was enough, he should quit while on top, nothing else to prove, he was getting old (65 or so isn't that old!), Martz was next in line, thought he was being unselfish, etc. He neglected to fully consider his own passion for coaching.

Vermeil imo is one of the greatest coaches ever. The only guy to win coach of the year at every level- high school, junior college, college, pro. What he did with UCLA was remarkable. Beating No. 1 Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. Brought the Eagles and the Rams back from oblivion to the Super Bowl.

Bottom line: Vermeil should have stayed with the Rams and that 2001 Super Bowl team should have won two more championships.