Your Controversial Rams Takes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then you're really going to laugh at the irony of this statement.

We would not have gone to the Superbowl in 2021 with Blythe and Evans starting as our center and LG in one of the playoff games.

Yes I blame 90% of the Green Bay loss on Blythe and Evans. Having a hurt Donald was the other 10%.

With Creed Humphrey as our starting Center and Blythe playing as backup guard for Edwards (Blythe is adequate as a guard - plus Creed could have helped him out on some of the pass blocking duties), we win that Green Bay game.

In a game where the best football player on planet earth was rendered completely ineffective by injury and thus we allowed 32 points that was only 10% of the reason we lost......?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Remember when Banks showed up to camp with his dog. Dude was such a shitter.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Georgia Frontiere was a Babe even when she was much older; and she was a great team-owner.

Wait ... I'm sorry. The thread-title said "Controversial".

I thought it said "Delusional". My bad.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
In a game where the best football player on planet earth was rendered completely ineffective by injury and thus we allowed 32 points that was only 10% of the reason we lost......?
Even without Donald, the Rams were only down 25 - 18 late in the 3rd and early in the 4th and had the ball moving down the field when Reynolds dropped an easy 1st down pass and then Goff got sacked on back to back plays due to the terrible pass blocking by Evans and Blythe on both of those two plays.

If Creed Humphrey is at center and Blythe playing LG where he is adequate (he is a terrible center on certain long yardage downs) , I think the Rams continue to go down the field because they had momentum at the time to possibly tie the score. Then it is up in the air after that.

I am standing firm on the 90% statistic. Those two players cost the Rams that game.

But I will say that having Donald would have made it a lot easier for the Rams win that game.

They were also without Kupp that game as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff missed some opportunities too in that game. The wide open Cooks in the endzone for example, he took too long to see him and then his pass was lackadaisical and allowed the DB to get to him and disrupt the play. Get that TD and it's a completely different game from there on out.

Wasn't all on him of course but he shared in that loss for sure.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jeff Fisher is under-appreciated for his time as Rams HC. He built a fun team to watch, even if they were losers. His Rams teams were NEVER intended by Rams brass to be contenders until arriving in LA during his tenure and despite the comically inept high-school offenses by guys like Rob Boras, Fisher actually EXCEEDED realistic expectations.

And I miss his Rams STs and Defensive tenacity a lot.

Tano

Legend
Goff missed some opportunities too in that game. The wide open Cooks in the endzone for example, he took too long to see him and then his pass was lackadaisical and allowed the DB to get to him and disrupt the play. Get that TD and it's a completely different game from there on out.

Wasn't all on him of course but he shared in that loss for sure.
That was in the Super Bowl

We are talking about the Green Bay game in January 2021

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was in the Super Bowl

We are talking about the Green Bay game in January 2021
Right on. Another example of McVay and his boys getting worked pretty good schematically on top of key players not doing their jobs. That was a rough one.

Staley in particular took it on the chin in that game with the backfield movement affecting the ILB. Can't give a QB like Rodgers 150+ yards on the ground that's a recipe for an ass whoopin.

But McVay got schooled pretty good too.

Tano

Legend
Right on. Another example of McVay and his boys getting worked pretty good schematically on top of key players not doing their jobs. That was a rough one.

Staley in particular took it on the chin in that game with the backfield movement affecting the ILB. Can't give a QB like Rodgers 150+ yards on the ground that's a recipe for an ass whoopin.

But McVay got schooled pretty good too.
Yeah that was the game that I was really pissed off at our previous MLB because he fell for it every time and couldn't make the adjustment to the defense to account for that game.

IMHO - a good MLB would have sat down with the DC to determine an effective way to counter that run.

Since he was not a good MLB, GB took advantage of it and did that play all game long.

And Staley was already dreaming of the Chargers HC position and what he was going to do that he never responded to it. Basically Staley had his head up his butt the entire game.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
We're going to fight for a playoffs spot....THIS SEASON....... barring injuries, we have about the same team we had McVay's first season.
5c1590406534b9f799caa9c8c22e7796.gif

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
the rams should have beaten the vikings multiple times in the 60's and 70's
Gaahhh... you're killing me! You're not wrong though.
Many Rams fans don't realize the intensity of the rivalry we had with the Vikings.
Many of those losses were some of the most painful I've experienced as a Rams fan.

~ArkyRamsFan~

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Gaahhh... you're killing me! You're not wrong though.
Many Rams fans don't realize the intensity of the rivalry we had with the Vikings.
Many of those losses were some of the most painful I've experienced as a Rams fan.

~ArkyRamsFan~
I can’t see a muddy field without thinking of the hated 70s Vikings.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Panthers player, Mike Mitchell - fuck that guy. Stood over him and flexed after tackling him out of bounds. No flag as it was Vinovitch's crew, so no surprise there.
My son and I were at that game, and saw the play right in front of us. I knew his season was over by the look on his face. It’s been quite a few years but if my memory serves me right, the Panthers had a pick 6 the first play of the game on a tipped pass. The receiver was wide open for a TD too. Game of inches
It was a long 8 hour drive home.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think McVay's problem is his wife is too hot. Hard to concentrate on game plans with that.
Facts. I think planning for his upcoming baby affected us early this season, or least the Dallas game. After that baby came out, we hit our stride. I wonder if Snead or Demoff talked to him after that embarrassing performance. I don't know if the baby is keeping Veronica busy or if it's the fact that he can't fuck for 6 weeks, but it's been some time since he's been this locked in.