WR BIGGEST CAMP BATTLE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brian Quick is just a very slow learner and likely cant grasp the playbook/Mike Groh coaching philosophy

Yeah- he was the star of practice yesterday !!! You can't stop him in the Red Zone. Just throw him the dam ball.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As my reps as Quick getting I don't think any chance he gets cut. The last 2 days. that's the main name u hear. I think Britt will start by mid season Quick starts over him

Well Kenny sleeps on you, Quick is a guy you put in on situations & match ups.He is a Red Zone guy.

Mike Thomas is a guy that gets open & moves the ball down field.

Copper will get his in the slot ahead of Bradley Marquis. He did show up in 2 minute drill. He is a special teams guy, that still has a way to go at WR.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think it's because there's no battle there. Alexander has been at FS with the 1s the entire time as far as I know. Think it's a done deal. From what little I read, it's his job.

I think finally Chase Reynolds gets cut. He looks small & lost as a RB.
Duke really is showing up on special teams & has upside. Might make the 47 on game day because of it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Marquez is playing too well at WR and is too important on special teams to lose his place on the active roster. I think Spruce, North, and Williams in that order will attempt to be be placed on the practice squad (probably two), but all three are talented enough that they could end up being signed by another team.
Nelson Soruce surprised me with his speed running down field on special teams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think it's because there's no battle there. Alexander has been at FS with the 1s the entire time as far as I know. Think it's a done deal. From what little I read, it's his job.
For sure he is the starting FS !! He is calling out plays on defense. Greg Williams loves him & always talks him up.
--TJ is right back starting at SS , Monis always talking with him.
- Mo (starters) were in on a 11-11 drill against the 3rd string,& he was smart enough to that. He lit that guy up for a non- contact practice to finish the drill up. He is a flat out stud. He is going to open some eyes.
Cody is just a baller. He plays & does everything ok.He doesn't make mental mistakes & can be trusted in center field.
He also has good hands, to make a game changing play.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
As my reps as Quick getting I don't think any chance he gets cut. The last 2 days. that's the main name u hear. I think Britt will start by mid season Quick starts over him

Yeah- he was the star of practice yesterday !!! You can't stop him in the Red Zone. Just throw him the dam ball.
Oh boy, 2 converts to the B. Quick bandwagon.....there's plenty of room....still saving seats for some special friends on this site....crow_pot_pie in the basket...keep it warm for them...they'll be along shortly to eat it soon...

@DickersonGurley

You can only choose 3.....go
Cooper, Williams, Thomas, Spruce, McRoberts, North, Hill, Marquez? choose wisely:mrburnsevil:

Ramzee

Rookie
Duke Williams and Mike Thomas are really kicking ass at camp from my perspective. Bradley Marquez watch out!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh boy, 2 converts to the B. Quick bandwagon.....there's plenty of room....still saving seats for some special friends on this site....crow_pot_pie in the basket...keep it warm for them...they'll be along shortly to eat it soon...

@DickersonGurley

Cooper, Williams, Thomas, Spruce, McRoberts, North, Hill, Marquez? choose wisely:mrburnsevil:

Copper Thomas for sure.They(coaches) like Bradley Marquis. I yelled out in Thomas , because Marquis is not that good.When Stedman went out the WR group suffered.

I say he makes the team because he is that good there. Duke & Spruce go to practice squad if they make it through waivers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Marquez is playing too well at WR and is too important on special teams to lose his place on the active roster. I think Spruce, North, and Williams in that order will attempt to be be placed on the practice squad (probably two), but all three are talented enough that they could end up being signed by another team.

I've read a few reports that say he is playing some great football and from what we have sen before he does make plays........I hope he breaks out this year and really produces.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams are a young enough team to keep to many rookies.

Lynch is a standout LB & # 53 just keeps showing up. #55 as well, but not as much & as often.

Ramzee

Rookie
I've read a few reports that say he is playing some great football and from what we have sen before he does make plays........I hope he breaks out this year and really produces.
Nothings in the bag though. I don't think Marquez has looked better than Mike Thomas or Duke Williams personally and Marquez has had some mental mistakes, like running the wrong routes. Which in one instance led to a red zone turnover.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Cooper, Williams, Thomas, Spruce, McRoberts, North, Hill, Marquez?

Thomas, Williams, Spruce. Cooper will probably make it too, just unfortunate we haven't been able to see him practice much yet.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nothings in the bag though. I don't think Marquez has looked better than Mike Thomas or Duke Williams personally and Marquez has had some mental mistakes, like running the wrong routes. Which in one instance led to a red zone turnover.

I'm just going off of a few reports that I have read that have mentioned that he looked good.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Copper Thomas for sure.They(coaches) like Bradley Marquis. I yelled out in Thomas , because Marquis is not that good.When Stedman went out the WR group suffered.

I say he makes the team because he is that good there. Duke & Spruce go to practice squad if they make it through waivers.
So, you got Cooper & Thomas, and Bradley Marquez? I can't believe guys are worried about our wrs...and want a ST ace over another wr?????:dizzy::shocking::thinking:

I need to see 2 preseason games....maybe the 3rd one vs the Broncos...but...I gotta go...at this early time with Cooper, Thomas, and Williams/Spruce/McRoberts getting the last spot based on production....I'm cutting Bradley Marquez and sticking him on the PS.....
Thomas, Williams, Spruce. Cooper will probably make it too, just unfortunate we haven't been able to see him practice much yet.
Thats 4...you cheated...suspended for 3 games...no football with beer for the first month:neener:....pre-season games only....:sadwalk::sneak:

Ramzee

Rookie
Just to illustrate what I was referring to.

ej-gaines-dropped-goff-pick-11-on-11.jpg

EJ Gaines (#33) nearly intercepts Jared Goff (#16) in 11 on 11's. Goff intended the pass for Michael Thomas (#13) but Marquez Bradley (#15) is suspiciously running a similar route a yard away from him in the same area. Gaines was covering Bradley and I don't think he's supposed to be there by design.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Not to derail the good WR discussion which is important, but I think the free safety battle is more important and unfortunately not getting any news on that front.
:eek: :coach:Holy crap, guys! Let's hustle over to the "Free Safety" Post @Fatbot started, and expend our Ram discussions there! :cheers:

:fighting: :snicker:

Who love ya' Fatbot?!!(y)

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I have a feeling it may look like this:

Two Safe:
  1. Austin
  2. Cooper
One of the following 3, will be a surprise cut. Two will make the team:
  1. Britt (Unlikely, though he is not "safe")
  2. Quick (less safe)
  3. Marquez (least safe)
Two of the following will make the team, the rest will go through waivers:
  1. Thomas
  2. Williams
  3. Spruce
  4. North
  5. McRoberts
  6. ...random new guys
When it all shakes out, this is my humble guess, assuming we keep six:

1. Tavon Austin
  2. Pharoh Cooper
  3. Kenny Britt
  4. Brian Quick
  5. Mike Thomas
  6. Duke Williams
  7. Nelson Spruce
  8. Marquez North
*Attempts to sneak through to the practice squad.

The coaches love Bradley Marquez and are attempting to talk him up in public, in order that the rest of the league might take notice and he will catch on with another team. He might not make the "last cut" but the "last, best cut" that ensures he has enough game tape, but not too late for teams to round out the bottom of their positional rosters. They may do the same with Brian Quick and keep Spruce if they think they need more slot presence, or "hands" receivers.