WR BIGGEST CAMP BATTLE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Wide receiver is the position I'm most interested in this preseason. We have our QB, sure would be nice if we pull a rabbit out of our hat and find a young WR to grow with this kid. I'm a HUGE DUKE fan, and it's great to read Goff likes him and they have been doing some things as early as it is. Duke had a bad Sunday, but killed it the next day and on Special teams. North too, I'd love to know how he is doing, along with Spruce and Thomas. Honestly I'm more excited about those four than every other WR on the roster taller than 5'8. Britt just seems like a wasted roster spot and money. He has had his chance several times, and never is able to take advantage. The one name i haven't seen anything about is Quick....

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Wide receiver is the position I'm most interested in this preseason. We have our QB, sure would be nice if we pull a rabbit out of our hat and find a young WR to grow with this kid. I'm a HUGE DUKE fan, and it's great to read Goff likes him and they have been doing some things as early as it is. Duke had a bad Sunday, but killed it the next day and on Special teams. North too, I'd love to know how he is doing, along with Spruce and Thomas. Honestly I'm more excited about those four than every other WR on the roster taller than 5'8. Britt just seems like a wasted roster spot and money. He has had his chance several times, and never is able to take advantage. The one name i haven't seen anything about is Quick....

Brian Quick is just a very slow learner and likely cant grasp the playbook/Mike Groh coaching philosophy

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am excited to see them in preseason, but mostly I describe myself as intrigued because not much is known about these new WRs.

I agree with @ViennaMax that Britt is probably the best pure WR we have, based on how little we know of the new guys right now. Not to mention, he lead the team in receiving yards last year. Kind of hard to suggest he's not the best we have based on that alone.

The other thing we need to do is lower our expectations. Rookie WR's rarely blossom right away.

ViennaMax

Rookie
i think he did a really good job getting open as well - just no QB to throw him the ball - hopefully that problem is solved now :)

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Wide receiver is the position I'm most interested in this preseason. We Britt just seems like a wasted roster spot and money. He has had his chance several times, and never is able to take advantage. The one name i haven't seen anything about is Quick....

Britt might not be to your liking but I assure you he isn't a wasted roster spot and money.. The Rams have too many WR's still wearing diapers and a seasoned vet of Britt's caliber is a must have for this 2016 roster.

Britt is a very good veteran WR for the young pass catchers to learn from and believe me, the Rams are much better with K.B. no matter how much he's underachieved in his career, compared to being without him.

kennybritttd.gif

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Britt might not be to your liking but I assure you he isn't a wasted roster spot and money.. The Rams have too many WR's still wearing diapers and a seasoned vet of Britt's caliber is a must have for this 2016 roster.

Britt is a very good veteran WR for the young pass catchers to learn from and believe me, the Rams are much better with K.B. no matter how much he's underachieved in his career, compared to being without him.

kennybritttd.gif
Damn Sherman is slow. How does he not get burned deep more often?

Ram65

Legend
Britt does drop some passes. Seems like lack of concentration on scramble come back attempts and some other plays. He is the best WR on the Rams. He would be much better with a better QB. I think the vets will show up this camp. Cooper looks to make team. The competition will be good for the Rams.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly

kennybritttd.gif
Britt is sneaky fast. Britt and Sherman were even and Britt kicked it to another gear and just blew by him. I saw some plays where the broadcasters had timed how fast Tavon and Britt were running when they scored td's. If I'm not mistaked, Britt's times were faster.

lockdnram21

Legend
As it looks now I'm saying
Quick
Britt
Austin
Cooper
Thomas
Williams (I think he could be a monster in the slot)

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
As it looks now I'm saying
Quick
Britt
Austin
Cooper
Thomas
Williams (I think he could be a monster in the slot)

Marquez is playing too well at WR and is too important on special teams to lose his place on the active roster. I think Spruce, North, and Williams in that order will attempt to be be placed on the practice squad (probably two), but all three are talented enough that they could end up being signed by another team.

lockdnram21

Legend
Marquez is playing too well at WR and is too important on special teams to lose his place on the active roster. I think Spruce, North, and Williams in that order will attempt to be be placed on the practice squad (probably two), but all three are talented enough that they could end up being signed by another team.
IMO Duke has more upside and was doing well In special teams practice. He'll he's already gotten some reps on first team from. What I read some where.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Not to derail the good WR discussion which is important, but I think the free safety battle is more important and unfortunately not getting any news on that front.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Not to derail the good WR discussion which is important, but I think the free safety battle is more important and unfortunately not getting any news on that front.

I think it's because there's no battle there. Alexander has been at FS with the 1s the entire time as far as I know. Think it's a done deal. From what little I read, it's his job.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I share you opinion of Duke and North! But I like what Britt has brought to the Table so far as a Ram!(y);)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It'll be:

Britt
Austin
Cooper
Marquez
Thomas
Another Rookie

Time to cut the cord on Brian Quick IMO.

lockdnram21

Legend
It'll be:

Britt
Austin
Cooper
Marquez
Thomas
Another Rookie

Time to cut the cord on Brian Quick IMO.
As my reps as Quick getting I don't think any chance he gets cut. The last 2 days. that's the main name u hear. I think Britt will start by mid season Quick starts over him