Would your opinion of Bradford change if...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not at all, Bradford is a franchise QB, he's the guy you pin on all your hopes and dreams on and directly influences games in your favor, that won't change because some guy came in and backed up efficiently.

Especially not with Clemens' 'success' which is basically he finally managed a game without some crippling shot that wounded us and prevented us from winning. Sunday's game was a good example of what he had to do, stay clean and get the ball into the hands of our playmakers and let them do what they do.

Clemens is still an inconsistent QB, who you can't know if you'll get what he was in the Indy game or what he was in the Seattle game. That's why he's been a career back up, because he has never been and probably never will be consistent enough to be a starter. That's not somebody I let sway my opinion of my starter.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Not saying that Clemens has been as good as Bradford, but I'll stick with my original answer. I think the people using KC's limited success as a slight against Bradford are being ridiculous. Mostly because our overall success right now has to do a whole lot more with the run game and defense stepping up than KC putting the team on his back like Bradford was asked to do at times.

Totally. I'd like to think that if they could replay the Seattle game but substitute Bradford in for Clemens, they would have come out with a 'W'. This teams' recent success is more attributable to the sudden emergence of a running game. If Bradford had that at his disposal the first few weeks of the year, who knows where this team is sitting right now.

It's kinda sick looking back and seeing 35 yards rushing in the Atlanta game, 35 yards rushing in the Dallas game, less than 20 in the San Fran game...the list goes on and on. Such is the life of a young and growing team.

bluecoconuts

Legend
In my opinion, if the rest of the team played how they played the last three weeks, but Bradford was also healthy, we'd be on a 3 game win streak.

If we had the team playing like this all season, we could have another 2 wins easily. The Rams are capable of beating damn near anyone, they just need to be consistent.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'll play. Too many variables to give ya a fair answer but I'll play. I mean, are the WRs going to develop a little more to the point where they now gain that one step more separation? Are the WR's going to develop to the point where they just don't drop as many passes? Is the running game going to continue to produce more changing every damn thing else? Is the play calling changed for the better?

Or, is Clemens weaker arm a better fit for our personnel some how? (Weaker arms work in the NFL too! See Peyton Manning) I mean does KC throw a ball that is easier for our WRs to catch? Does it spin different? Does it come in at a slightly different angle?

Did this team just need the adversity to get it kick-started? Human nature seems to work that way sometimes. Gotta have your back against the wall, nothing else to lose type scenario before some people will kick it into gear.

The only fair way to compare the results of these two QBs is to have them in the EXACT same situations over and over again like a simulator. It can't be done.

I think in the end, both SB and KC are exactly what we thought they were from the start. All we will find out is how big a heart KC and the players around him have for the rest of the season. Both QBs as well as this young team will be better because of what has happened.

So my answer is YES if our Rams were to win out or close to it this season mostly due to the play of KC. To do that, KC would have to put up numbers very similar to what SB was putting up. And that would change my opinion of the separation that exists between SB and other QBs out there that could possibly lead this team to victory. So come pay day for SB, I'd have a different view than I had before BUT, I'd still want SB as the QB of the ST LOUIS RAMS.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In my opinion, if the rest of the team played how they played the last three weeks, but Bradford was also healthy, we'd be on a 3 game win streak.

If we had the team playing like this all season, we could have another 2 wins easily. The Rams are capable of beating damn near anyone, they just need to be consistent.

Agreed. We have lost 2 games we win if Sam's healthy.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Not me.

As time wears on, Clemens gets the benefit of players with more than 7 games under their belt. There's a lot of growing up to do on this young offense.
I think that's exactly what happened on Sunday. Tavon finally had his break out game and you can start to see the young players coming along.

Also, Clemens has the benefit of having Zac Stacy the entire time