Would your opinion of Bradford change if...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kellen Clemens comes in and has lateral production?

That's a HUGE if, by the way. But for the sake of discussion, say Clemens comes in and manages the season just fine. Nothing flashy. 250 yards a game, a couple of TD's per, an int here and there, but does nothing to put the Rams in a hole. Would that change your perception of Bradford at all?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not me.

As time wears on, Clemens gets the benefit of players with more than 7 games under their belt. There's a lot of growing up to do on this young offense.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

That's a HUGE if, by the way. But for the sake of discussion, say Clemens comes in and manages the season just fine. Nothing flashy. 250 yards a game, a couple of TD's per, an int here and there, but does nothing to put the Rams in a hole. Would that change your perception of Bradford at all?

No, but my impression of Clemens would definitely improve if he were the second rated passer across these next three games, Sam was for the last three.

jap

Legend
Kellen should be much more comfortable this time around. His mobility provides an added bonus if the play starts breaking down.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No.

I'm convinced Bradford is the man going forward. He's better than any of the college talent, too.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Having watched both Bradford and Clemens in practice in person...this question is nothing more than a work of fiction. Clemens is not going to produce much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Having watched both Bradford and Clemens in practice in person...this question is nothing more than a work of fiction. Clemens is not going to produce much.
Hypothetical...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is like asking if your opinion of Cam Newton would change if Tim Tebow came in and put up similar stats. Ain't going to happen....hypothetical or not.

But no, my opinion wouldn't change unless Clemens was connecting on a ridiculous amount of deep balls and intermediate balls.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The only advantage Clemens has is he's slightly more mobile. But no, he doesn't have nor will he ever have the skill set Bradford does. It's a loaded question really. We ALL want to win which means Kellen has to play at a pretty high level to do so. But IF he does and we win without Bradford, think of the media that will cause. Not to mention all the SB haters.
Clemens would have to produce more TD's in the last 9 games than he has in his CAREER. ...Not likely.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But no, my opinion wouldn't change unless Clemens was connecting on a ridiculous amount of deep balls and intermediate balls.
Well now we're getting somewhere. My question was pretty straight forward and was clearly a hypothetical. It wasn't a prediction of what Clemens will do, nor was it a comparison of the two. I just put out a scenario wherein nothing really changes at the position and ask what that would lead people to think about Bradford in general.

What's your definition of "ridiculous amount"?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
If special "K" comes in and lights it up? Sure my opinion of SB would change.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If Clemens averages like 10 ypa, then yes, i might start to question Bradford a little bit. Do not get me wrong, i am a massive Bradford supporter, but if Clemens, or Davis for that matter comes in and we aren't checking down as much and start connecting on intermediate/deep throws more, then yes, i would start to question Bradford and really start believing that the previous regimes have damaged him to a point of no return.

It would also make me question if my hatred towards Schotty was justified or not, which would probably put me into a drunken stupor.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd find it very interesting, but I'd look for reasons why. Such as, did we dummy down the offense? Did, Clemens know more of the offense, or make better pre-snap reads? Did receivers all of a sudden start catching every third down, even difficult passes. Were guys more wide open, or better schemed if you will, or both? Did Clemens make more plays with his legs, or have better pocket presence? Did the line play better, or did HE play better with this line? If Clemens actually did better, I'd have to look to what the coaches changed, and if they could make equal adjustments for Bradford to benefit his strengths. It just seemed like the very last game that we had multiple guys/times that we had the defense beat deep, and Sam was nailing those throws.

duckhunter

Starter
Contrarian opinion is always welcome in my book. Every one is leaning so far to one side of the boat on Clemen's play that the boat may tip over and he has a good game.

My opinion of SB is based on SB's play. I've been neutral from the day he was drafted. It's open-minded and somewhat fluid. He has a strong arm, can be accurate but in most other phases has been up and down. Circumstances as they are. I wouldn't be in any hurry to sign him to a long term extension. I just haven't seen enough of his intangibles as a leader to get this team to the promise land. This was his make or break it year for me. Now Jeff said he is sticking with him next year. I guess that is make or break it year.

Clemens will or will not make his hay on his own.

But I do see your point if Clemens plays well.

A55VA6

Legend
Slightly. Only if Clemens throws a few TD's without alot of INT's. The problem is the WR's not getting open.. Sam doesn't take alot of chances. Kellen takes chances, so we'll se what happens. Could be good, could be bad.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Nope.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Some of you Bradford supporters are unwavering in your belief in the dude. That's admirable. Maybe it''s me hoping for the best or my inner SB "hater" coming thru, but I'm not really expecting a huge drop off in production on offense. Sure, it might be the coaches making the schemes getting more simple or the guys "stepping up" in Sam's absence--- but I think we're gonna be OK.

Whether it's Sam being overly cautious or his handlers in his ear about how to play--- Clemens (or Davis for that matter) can certainly throw 15 checkdowns per game and MAYBE a shot or two downfield. How's that any different from what Sam gives us on a game by game basis?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Absolutely, but that doesnt mean I would be ready to move on from Sam. Any starter in the NFL should be better than every back up in the NFL; however, even if Kellen proved to be just as good as Bradford I would stick with Sam. Sam has a higher upside, and there inst really any college QB's in this draft that really jump out. I would give Sam all of next year to really step it up.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
If Clemens averages like 10 ypa, then yes, i might start to question Bradford a little bit. Do not get me wrong, i am a massive Bradford supporter, but if Clemens, or Davis for that matter comes in and we aren't checking down as much and start connecting on intermediate/deep throws more, then yes, i would start to question Bradford and really start believing that the previous regimes have damaged him to a point of no return.

It would also make me question if my hatred towards Schotty was justified or not, which would probably put me into a drunken stupor.
Amen to that Brother...... I honestly think Clemons is going to make us see how fortunate it was when Bradford was healthy.