Would you support the Rams if they were accused of Pats-level cheating?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you support the Rams if they were accused of Pats-level cheating?

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For all those who would not support the franchise if they cheated, here's my question. Would you come back to the Horns if the cheating owner and coaches were outed and a new regime took their place?
I've said before if the Rams ever signed Michael Vick, I'd stop supporting them... but would come back after he was gone.

So, yes. I would come back if the regime (including owner) was replaced.

beej

Rookie
you know what? the cheating they are doing almost feels like common sense. If the offensive line can hold without getting called for it or if corners can get away with PI, wouldn't you tell them to keep doing it till it gets called?

If all I had to do was pay a fine or even give up a draft pick to win a superbowl, I'd probably do it at least until someone get's serious about penalizing it. I guess what I'm saying is, I put this on the NFL front office more than I put it on the cheatriots.

Athos

Legend
As an athlete, no matter how long ago that may have been (fuck my knees!) I cannot abide such gross intent to cheat.

Their scope of it is disgusting and if the Rams did the same, I'd find another team. If all teams did it, I'd abandon the sport entirely.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just love the Rams. I'd overlook it and say other teams are just jealous. I think that's what Pats fans do. But my Pats fan at work is very alarmed with the perception of his team right now. I've known the Pats were cheaters for a long time now so this is nothing new to me. Belicheat and Brady, mostly their coach, deserve a the Pete Rose treatment. But they never really do anything to NE so I expect nothing to change.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I've said before if the Rams ever signed Michael Vick, I'd stop supporting them... but would come back after he was gone.

So, yes. I would come back if the regime (including owner) was replaced.

Hell Yeah Boffo!! now we truly know your like that Harry Potter kid in his new movie Horns! lol

daniel_radcliffe_horns_movie-2560x16001.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
Wouldn't we all be huge hypocrites for bashing the Pats all these years for cheating and then if we cheat, everything's all good? haha.

Like I said in my first post, I'd still be a Rams fan but I'd be upset with the team and definitely won't be happy even if we won the Super Bowl. To me, I'd rather finish 6-10 than cheat to win the Super Bowl.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Cheating happens in every sport. Obviously there are different levels of cheating.

Probably most football players use steroids, most baseball players use steroids. Every player and organization are trying to gain an advantage win. Do we banish these players or organizations for using PED's?

Im not one who is terribly appauld at what the Patriots have done. The Cowboys and Broncos have cheated the salary cap......that is a pretty big competitive advantage. Difference is they did not win. QB's scuff their game balls to give them the feel they desire.

In football there is so much film and tape and game planning that to me Spy Gate was barely an issue. Both teams had a pretty good idea of what each team was doing. There is years of film for every coach.

The only reason the Patriots are hated is because Belichick is a jerk and they have now been to 6 Super Bowls with Brady and Belichick. We don't hate the Broncos and Cowboys for cheating the salary cap? Brad Johnson brided a guy to scuff balls in 2003 for the SB. Gruden and Harbough both got caught breaking into other coaches offices to steal...playbooks I would imagine.

Im sure the Rams have cheated in the past, they just have never been caught.

Bottom line is even if you cheat you still have to execute. Nobody really cares if you cheat and don't win. If it was us we would probably sound like all the Patriot fans I work with and brush it off and accuse everyone else of being jealous. Its hard to argue 15 AFC East championships in 16 years or whatever the actual number is but its ridiculous.

rick6fan

UDFA
F NO! I'd be calling for everyone's head. Cheating is wrong. Pure and simple. It doesn't change if your team is the one doing it. That's like saying you're okay with cheating on your wife but want to divorce her if she does it. Being the one gaining from cheating doesn't make it right. Anyone that says otherwise is a hypocrite.
This..I would not support cheaters, but I would come back if the perps were gone.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do any of us actually know if they have cheated? They have been punished in the past, so the NFL was clearly unhappy with something....and that punishment was very severe (loss of a 1st round pick I believe).

Everybody probably does it, and if it's any fans' team, they stick up for them. Seattle had such an inordinate amount of players caught using PEDs, one could almost think they were prescribed by the coaching staff....

But what have they actually done? Taped a Rams walkthrough?? There was a time when I hated them, but I'm over that now...They didn't beat us in the superbowl because they cheated....they beat us because they played better than we did. Time to own up to our (the Rams) own part in sending this team into a 13 year funk.

The NFL seems to be the "do whatever it takes to win league", and really all sports are like this. Players appeal to the refs/umps with the INTENTION of getting an unfair advantage - how the heck are you all okay with that but then bash the Patriots??? I feel like your response would be "it's common sense" for a punter to flop, or for a WR to act like he caught a pass that he knew hit the ground....I disagree. That's CHEATING. If I let this nonsense about balls being deflated bother me, I would have to let ALL of it bother me, and I like the game too much for that.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I guess I don't like all the cheating, but it's S.O.P for the NFL. Goodell bends the rules and flat-out breaks them whenever it fits his agenda. Over and over again.

jjab360

Legend
You can still support your team even if you have a problem with one of their actions. Surprised at the results of the poll, tbh. No offense but if you'd drop your team over an accusation, that's pretty damn fairweather imo.

iced

nope - i love equal competition, and think cheating ruins the game.

i would support the team but not the HC - and would probably make signs calling for his firings at any game i went too

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
No goofy answers this time, sorry.

Plain and simple question: If the Rams had the same kinds of accusations against them, both in severity and frequency, of cheating as the Patriots do, but had a similar record to the Patriots, would you continue to support them?

I answered no.

To me, it matters 'how' you get there.
Wherever 'there' is in your life, it matters how you get there.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Sheesh, hard to just yes or no that one.

It depends on what they call cheating. Announcing a receiver as ineligible at the last second may be taking advantage of the ineptitude of the officiating, but it isn't really cheating, and so far the deflated football thing is just speculation.

Now, the spygate scandal was definitely very suspect, but so is NFL officiating in my opinion. Heck, if a quarterback can pay for his preferred inflation rate, then a team or betting agency should be able to swing a referee for a game at the right price.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Patriots, but I do understand that every team will always be looking for ways to give themselves a competitive advantage.

I thought the punt return misdirection was a thing of beauty and was honestly surprised when some called it cheap.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't stop supporting them once they hired someone proven to have cheated by paying his players to injure opponents, I see no reason I'd stop based on cheating by deflating balls.
I was no fan of that hire.

If it ever came to be known that he was doing anything even remotely close to that with the Rams? Yes, I'm out... and I would hold Fisher accountable for it as well.

Both men would have to leave the Rams in order for me to root for the team.

I was no fan of that hire.

If it ever came to be known that he was doing anything even remotely close to that with the Rams? Yes, I'm out... and I would hold Fisher accountable for it as well.

Both men would have to leave the Rams in order for me to root for the team.

It's the same person, I don't see the difference if he's wearing a visor with a Rams logo or a visor with a Saints logo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would I support the team? Yes. Would I support their actions? No.

It would take A LOT for me not to support this team.