Would you sign Sam Bradford as a free agent next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OcRamsFan

UDFA
Just heard the announcers mention Sam is a free agent after the season. Take that 2nd from the Eagles and resign Sam?

FRO

Legend
Absolutely, but he won't be a free agent and if he were he would have better options than here.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
No, he struggles to look average in a friendly system. He's better than what we got, but he's not the answer. Bradford is just good enough to make you think he can make it work. I don't see him taking any team to the Super Bowl, not even sure about him leading a team to the playoffs. The NFC East this year reminds me of the NFC West in 2010. He couldn't beat mediocre competition then and he looks the same to me now. He still has a terrible feel for the pocket.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Realistically "no"!

1. he is going to look for big money, and multiple years...(I expect5 someone will hand him $75/4yrs about 40 mil guaranteed)
2. his numbers this year have been "average" and that is in a super friendly QB system
3. there is no change in his injury history - whomever signs him is taking a HUGE risk
4. really as rams fans it is time to move on....

A better question would be for those saying "yes", what are you willing to pay him? and do you really think it is in the ballpark of what he will get?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A better question would be for those saying "yes", what are you willing to pay him? and do you really think it is in the ballpark of what he will get?

As If the Rams will sign him. The question was would you want him back.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I really think that ship sailed a while ago...Even if you thought the skill set would help, I think his exit was like Martz' with regard to ever returning...

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
As If the Rams will sign him. The question was would you want him back.

The question gives no boundaries, so each can interpret it in their own way...would I take him back as a back-up on a year to year contract at 3 mil a yr...sure. Would I take him as starter at $50 mil for 3yrs heck no! Just trying to get some understanding if we are all answering based on the same basic conditions (or at least find out what each thinks those conditions would be). For instance you like him as QB and would like him back, we can both agree that the organization is VERY unlikely to do that, but what would you believe is a reasonable contract for YOU to bring him back under? Assuming you see him as a starter quality QB would you pay him $12 mil, $15 mil, $18 mil, $20 mil on average for 3 years or for 5.

Just to be clear, due to his injury history I wouldn't pay him as a starter, I believe that he can be a mid-level starter but can't risk the damage to the cap when/if he gets injured under the contract. I may be a bit risk adverse in this regard.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I reckon he's in the $12m to $15m range. A middle of the road qb, until he proves otherwise. He could be all world behind the right oline but how many of them are out there that need a qb?

TexasRam

Legend
The definition of desperate insanity:

Starting the same ineffective Qb year after year and expecting anything but an abysmal offense. Then re signing him after you trade him away because he might be better than your other ineffective Qb's.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I reckon he's in the $12m to $15m range. A middle of the road qb, until he proves otherwise. He could be all world behind the right oline but how many of them are out there that need a qb?

It's an interesting question. I'm not sure what he'll get. My guess would be around $12 million a year on a shorter term deal. The injuries are going to scare teams.