would u trade for Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Austin Davis 3rd year player numbers vs a rookie? Pretty fair comparison eh?
I take it that you didnt see him play, because he was pretty good. The team was terrible, had quit on Reid.
In any event, unlike Davis, Foles game improved as he played, posted 300+ yard games in 2 of his 3 starts
And when Kelly was hired, he was thought to be a square peg yet Kelly kept him
Yes, it's a lot more "fair" than you saying Davis is a "3rd year player".

Did the Eagles quit on Kelly this year too? Because Foles' numbers are about the same as they were when he was a rookie under Reid. Which are still not as good as Davis' statline. Which is pretty ridiculous considering how ready we all are to see him out of the lineup. Foles is in a great system with a lot of talent around him and still isn't producing as much or as efficiently as Davis was for the Rams.

I don't see the rationale behind wanting a guy who is doing worse in a better situation. Why would he improve when he got here to a more conservative, less talented offense?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, it's a lot more "fair" than you saying Davis is a "3rd year player".

Did the Eagles quit on Kelly this year too? Because Foles' numbers are about the same as they were when he was a rookie under Reid. Which are still not as good as Davis' statline. Which is pretty ridiculous considering how ready we all are to see him out of the lineup. Foles is in a great system with a lot of talent around him and still isn't producing as much or as efficiently as Davis was for the Rams.

I don't see the rationale behind wanting a guy who is doing worse in a better situation. Why would he improve when he got here to a more conservative, less talented offense?
Not sure where you're going with this.
Foles is a good QB, and was struggling this year. Happens to many in their 2nd year as a starter, and in comparison to the numbers he put up last year it would have been hard for an encore.
I said he played well as a rookie, and thats true. I didnt say he had a great season nor would his performance in year 1 be the reason I would want him.
Somewhere between 2013 and 2014 is what Foles is, and IMO thats a pretty good QB.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Not sure where you're going with this.
Foles is a good QB, and was struggling this year. Happens to many in their 2nd year as a starter, and in comparison to the numbers he put up last year it would have been hard for an encore.
I said he played well as a rookie, and thats true. I didnt say he had a great season nor would his performance in year 1 be the reason I would want him.
Somewhere between 2013 and 2014 is what Foles is, and IMO thats a pretty good QB.
Wait a second, you say Davis is a 3rd year player but Foles is only a 2nd year starter?

Seems to me that he played like a rookie as a rookie. I wouldn't say he played well if we're talking about his numbers or the team's record. Not overall. He had some moments and a couple good games but the less than good games count too.

He's started games in 3 different season and other than a very fluke-ish 2012, he hasn't been particularly impressive IMO. A good backup maybe but again, we're talking about should the Rams not only acquire him, but trade for him. And again I ask, why would a guy who's struggling for a team with a better offense and better talent around him then play better when he goes to a more conservative, less productive situation?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait a second, you say Davis is a 3rd year player but Foles is only a 2nd year starter?
You having a bad day or something? Feeling the need to argue? Take a deep breath, and slow the roll bro. YOU compared Davis of THIS year, to Foles rookie year. Yeah, I found that comparison incongruent, because it is

Seems to me that he played like a rookie as a rookie. I wouldn't say he played well if we're talking about his numbers or the team's record. Not overall. He had some moments and a couple good games but the less than good games count too.

He's started games in 3 different season and other than a very fluke-ish 2012, he hasn't been particularly impressive IMO. A good backup maybe but again, we're talking about should the Rams not only acquire him, but trade for him. And again I ask, why would a guy who's struggling for a team with a better offense and better talent around him then play better when he goes to a more conservative, less productive situation?
Ok, since you are in blanket statement stat mode, Foles is a career 61.6% comp guy, 46/17 TD/INT, 7.6 YPA and 94.2 rating
Yes, that blows Davis away

No as for watching Foles play? Yes, he played like a rookie, but how many rookies dont have bad games? He also had his share of great games, in Andy Reid WCO which is known for being complex. Which was my point to those calling him merely a system QB.
If Foles was available, I'd love to have him. Break the bank? No, which is why I said 4th rounder.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Saw that you apologized for this. Thanks. Of course you already knew that rule - didn't you.

Anyway, as heated as it sometimes gets, you always want to think before hitting the "post reply" button.

BTW - As you can see, the term Homer is worn proudly by many on here. I personally don't pretend to be anything but.
I think all of us are homers to some extent. I don't think anyone here would proudly wear the label of being SUCH a fan for their team that they can't think about things rationally though.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think all of us are homers to some extent. I don't think anyone here would proudly wear the label of being SUCH a fan for their team that they can't think about things rationally though.
I'm not a homer at all I call it how I see it.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
My threads are still stuck in the past, but there's some interesting opinions in this thread, well before Foles got here. How things change, right?

Psycho_X

Legend
Whew, always good going through threads like this and seeing you didn't make any stupid comments about a player you are now liking lol.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
If Philly decided to keep Sanchez would u trade a 3rd or 4th rounder

No. I'd trade what we did, a QB I wouldn't be looking to re-sign no matter how well he played in 2015, if they threw in a 2016 2nd round pick, but 1 game still hasn't sufficiently convinced me yet. Now if he plays as well as he did last Sunday this Sunday then I might be convinced.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Lol look at all you negative fucks get proven wrong. I'm glad we don't work for the Rams :ROFLMAO:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
tumblr_ljvfrtMqwI1qh0orco1_500.gif~c200

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Foles is a LEADER and taking us to the Freaking Playoffs with a tough schedule that just got easier with the exit of Schotty and the Calm and Patient Hire of Cignetti from the inside. We are getting so Homegrown people are gonna start copying us soon just wait. Fhe full digestion of G. Williams' "D" will start to show this season. Now stop the dumb penalties even though the dumb refs will never stop calling bad penalties and miss most of the ones against us. I know asking for no INJURIES is just too much but "IF" we get that then LOOKOUT!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Whew, always good going through threads like this and seeing you didn't make any stupid comments about a player you are now liking lol.

So true lol, I just breathed a sigh of relief seeing that I didn't post on this one. So now I can say:

You clowns need to eat some MFing crow about Foles! :p

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Foles has played one game. I'd say revisit the thread in week 10.

Certainly an encouraging one game though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just checking to see if i posted something stupid in this thread. I'm clean. :)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Foles has played one game. I'd say revisit the thread in week 10.

Certainly an encouraging one game though.

Dammit blue... Put down your cup of negativity and have some of this:

ka_ohno.jpg

Wait that's not right... Have some of this:

345974.png

TexasRam

Legend
I've been a huge Foles proponent since they idea of a trade entered the first ram fans head.... And no, this post isn't the first time that happened so you don't see my thoughts.

Search the other Foles post especially when we made the trade you will see I loved it.

I don't care what system you are in, when you throw 28/2 you show you are much better than any Qb the rams have or can get in the draft.