would u trade for Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah not interested in giving up a three and we dont have a 4th rounder anymore for next year.
Pass on Foles.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Davis and Bradford are not the answer, and we'll probably not be in a position to draft a top QB. That's not a good situation.

So I'm not gonna lie...trading for one of the two Philly QBs has definitely crossed my mind. That could be our best shot at securing a long term QB without trading the farm.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
No way, Chip's offense made Foles look that good. IMO, definition of a 'product of the system'.

So? Then use that system.

Schotty basically sucks and it won't be surprising at all if he's done after this year. If Foles is up for grabs, take him and hire an OC who can run a similar offense. Play to his strengths.

moklerman

Warner-phile

Schotty basically sucks and it won't be surprising at all if he's done after this year. If Foles is up for grabs, take him and hire an OC who can run a similar offense. Play to his strengths.
If it was that easy, everyone would do it. And I'd take Bradford in Kelly's system over Foles or Sanchez.

Foles came crashing back to Earth and I agree with those who think he's just a product of a good system. He wouldn't help the Rams in any significant way. If he can't stay healthy in Philly, how's he going to stay healthy for St. Louis?

MrMotes

Starter
It doesn't matter who the Rams QB is: Bradford, Clemens, Hill, Davis, results are always about the same.

Just like some QB's benefit from the system, our suffer from it...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Davis and Bradford are not the answer, and we'll probably not be in a position to draft a top QB. That's not a good situation.

So I'm not gonna lie...trading for one of the two Philly QBs has definitely crossed my mind. That could be our best shot at securing a long term QB without trading the farm.
Ha, okay let's dial up the Eagles GM and ask him if he'll trade us Kelly for Fisher, a head coach trade... yeah right. I really wish we could of got Kelly coming out because when I just imagine Sam Bradford playing in Kelly's offense it gets me all sorts of giddy.

MrMotes

Starter

Fisher wouldn't likely allow it. He's already said he doesn't like the no huddle because it can put the defense in bad positions. It's not his mindset to attack with the offense. It's his mindset to shorten the game and help his defense...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Not really. What is most impressive is how Chip Kelly can plug these guys in and roll. Foles wasn't expected to be anything great, or starter even, but in the system both guys flourished. I wouldn't trade for Foles but in a wonderland world I would trade for Chip Kelly.

moklerman

Warner-phile
That's the aggravating part, there's another guy out there that could be very Kelly-like and the Rams could probably get him. But it'll never happen.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

eagles fans have been saying foles was awful this season.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
If it was that easy, everyone would do it. And I'd take Bradford in Kelly's system over Foles or Sanchez.

Foles came crashing back to Earth and I agree with those who think he's just a product of a good system. He wouldn't help the Rams in any significant way. If he can't stay healthy in Philly, how's he going to stay healthy for St. Louis?

No, it's not quite THAT easy. Just like it's not THAT easy to get Pro Bowl production by just sticking a guy in a certain system.

The whole "it was just the system" talk bothers me. It's like when people dismiss the college spread offense, as if it's some mystical sorcery that produces huge offensive numbers. If that were the case, wouldn't every program run the spread?

Execution is still required. Vision and line calls are still required. Throwing great passes is still required. Foles did those things.

And I know you didn't just support Bradford in one sentence and criticize another QB's inability to stay healthy in the next ;)

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Fisher wouldn't likely allow it. He's already said he doesn't like the no huddle because it can put the defense in bad positions. It's not his mindset to attack with the offense. It's his mindset to shorten the game and help his defense...

Thing is, it might not all be up to Fisher after this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the leash shortened big time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

when he said that at the beginning of last season i wanted to punch his face on the computer screen. the 3 and outs were coming thick and fast with drich running into the backs of the oline every game. what he was saying made little sense. of course until stacy emerged. but towards the end of the season when teams went all out to stop him the 3 and outs were fast and furious.

man the rams need a qb. hurry back sam.

ram007

Starter
Rams needs to draft a QB in the first round. Bring back Bradford . Start Bradford in 2015 and let the first round rookie learn. If Sam is not playing well or gets hurt, rookie can step in. Any other way, Rams will be starting 3-4 or 3-5 again next season. So Bradford-Rookie QB-Case Keenum should the depth chart to start 2015 season.

A team cannot have 3 QBs on 53 man roster so Austin Davis is the odd man out (I believe he will be a back up in NFL and won't clear waivers when waived next season)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I wouldn't trade a 5th round pick for Foles. He has been exposed as a subpar QB this year and it's plainly obvious that Sanchez has greater quality in the same setup.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Iwould prefer to trade for Glennon. Did Lovie give up on McCown? If so the Glennon ship may have sailed.