would u trade for Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People forget that Foles looked pretty good as a rookie in Andy Reid's WCO and was considered a square peg in Kelly's spread, hence was Michael Vick's back up.
I'd gladly take Foles off Philly's hands for a 4th rounder

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A team cannot have 3 QBs on 53 man roster so Austin Davis is the odd man out (I believe he will be a back up in NFL and won't clear waivers when waived next season)

I disagree the Rams will keep 3 QB's on the roster next season like they started this season with now that might change during the season, however, you are right on point about Bradford. Next year I could see this:

1. Bradford
2. Davis
3. Hundley

Now if Bradford goes down during pre-season you can add another QB, but this is how I see it playing out in 2015, IMHO.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As to trading for Foles I'm not sure. He does offer quite a bit IMO, but I feel strongly that the Rams will want a QB that can win games with his arm as well as his legs very similar to the Seahawks and 49ers.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I have zero faith ANY QB will have success under Schottenheimer. when has this man ever had a successful offense? full conclusion being why is he even an NFL coach? .... oh yea it's the last name

moklerman

Warner-phile
As to trading for Foles I'm not sure. He does offer quite a bit IMO, but I feel strongly that the Rams will want a QB that can win games with his arm as well as his legs very similar to the Seahawks and 49ers.
You bring up a good point but it contradicts what you're saying. I think the Seahawks and 49ers are both realizing that their QB's aren't the golden boys they thought when they don't have dominant running games and defenses. IMO, SF needs a new starter and CK is holding them back. They can't rely on his passing to carry them even with Boldin, Crabtree, etc. That offense has a LOT of talent. Seattle to a lesser extent but if they put it all on Wilson, he's struggled.

Mobility is fine but it doesn't solve poor o-line play. I think the Rams need to focus on the o-line more than they need a QB who can run.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Fisher wouldn't likely allow it. He's already said he doesn't like the no huddle because it can put the defense in bad positions. It's not his mindset to attack with the offense. It's his mindset to shorten the game and help his defense...
You know I could maybe see him changing his mindset as our defense proves it can play well enough to handle that. But I still get the impression that the way we expect to play defense, we really wear ourselves out to the point that it's not really possible to be on the field as often as a no huddle may require.
Thing is, it might not all be up to Fisher after this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the leash shortened big time.
I just don't see that happening with Fisher, see Vince Young, Fisher is going to run things the way he wants to, and if they don't agree with his philosophy, they'll be replace him.

And, honestly that is as it should be for any head coach and general manager.

You can't just run a no huddle offense without the personnel to do it ... it would put an even greater emphasis on the offensive line.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mobility is fine but it doesn't solve poor o-line play. I think the Rams need to focus on the o-line more than they need a QB who can run.

I concur, but the offensive line has been the focus now for an extended period of time, but they are closer IMHO and I hope that Barrett Jones is ready after Wells this season. My feeling is, it would be nice to have a QB that could take off and run just an added dimension to an attack.

You can always point to poor o-line play, but when pass protection breaks down and the QB is able to take off for several yards then you're not facing 2nd or 3rd and 15. I guess I would just like to have a QB that can extend the plays occaisionally, but you're right on point about being able to pass first and run second.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I have zero faith ANY QB will have success under Schottenheimer. when has this man ever had a successful offense? full conclusion being why is he even an NFL coach? .... oh yea it's the last name
Not arguing that he's some great coordinator, but it sure is less ugly than what we've seen. And that's my point, really. Execution has been a problem for a long time.

I just don't think he's what's holding this team back offensively, for now. And he was actually killing it with back up quarterbacks when they had both Britt and Quick out there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree the Rams will keep 3 QB's on the roster next season like they started this season with now that might change during the season, however, you are right on point about Bradford. Next year I could see this:

1. Bradford
2. Davis
3. Hundley

Now if Bradford goes down during pre-season you can add another QB, but this is how I see it playing out in 2015, IMHO.

Fisher has opened with 2 QB on the roster, and this year would have been no different had Bradford not gotten hurt.
I am starting to see a distinct possibility that Bradford comes back if the $$ can work out.
However, I cant see a scenario where they would draft a guy with #1 or even #2 and not be at least commited to him as the back up, with the intention of getting him some snaps over the course of the year.
Keeping an inactive 3rd QB week after week is a waste of a roster spot IMO
Provided Bradford is healthy, and signs cheap deal, I could see them drafting a QB high and letting him back up
If they go down to their #3 QB again next year the season is over. Again

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not interested, I'm waiting for Bradford to come back with a vengeance!:D

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not interested, I'm waiting for Bradford to come back with a vengeance!:D
so he can be on ir by week 4. i just dont understand how anybody in there right mind can still say they want to give bradford another chance. He cant stay and has proved absolutely nothing

iced

even if he were healthy, no. Benefit of the system.Had foles on my fantasy team, watched a lot of eagles games

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
so he can be on ir by week 4. i just dont understand how anybody in there right mind can still say they want to give bradford another chance. He cant stay and has proved absolutely nothing
You have your opinion, and I have mine. We just disagree!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
He was looking really good before getting hurt. If we can sign him to a relatively cheap contract that protects us in case he gets hurt, and still draft a 2nd or 3rd round QB (don't want reach for a 1st rounder if the 1st round worthy guys are gone, which I think will be the case), it's probably our best bet. He MIGHT get hurt. Or he might do really well.

Total tangent, but according to what it says quoting you above, you are apparently member #666 of this board.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't care what we do as long as Schotty is still the OC under any circumstance. Chip Kelly's greatest idea was like a 5 second day dream for Schotty. And Bradford will never get hurt again.

Irish

Starter
Why? So he can die on the vine called Schottenheimer?

No thanks. Foles' is a top 15 QB in the league, but he needs an OC who calls the right plays and can mentor him to be great. Foles is perfect for Chip Kelly's system, unless of course the Eagles did something crazy/stupid to get Mariota.

Until there is a new scheme/system, and a new guy calling it, I want no part of trading draft picks reaching on high ceiling offensive players (Tavon, for example). There is no success to be found with this offensive coaching staff.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
People forget that Foles looked pretty good as a rookie in Andy Reid's WCO and was considered a square peg in Kelly's spread, hence was Michael Vick's back up.
I'd gladly take Foles off Philly's hands for a 4th rounder

If that's what it took, I'd take this trade.