Worst Ram loss you've ever endured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
The only Ram game I've ever been to was the London debacle. So I gotta go with that. It was a great weekend but the game itself sucked.

Also felt really flat after the winner takes all week 17 Seahawks game a few years back because we just didn't show up.

Now I think about it there are a few more- getting spanked in Atlanta in the playoffs (wait- is that actually the last playoff game we played?!) still hurts, and the double OT loss to the Panthers was a killer as well.
i hope you get a chance to come see the new and improved rams at a game here in st. louis in the not-too-distant future.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
The Super Bowl loss to the Steelers in 79 wasn't my first Rams disappointment (Vikings/Cowboys/Vikings/Cowboys every fucking year thru the 70s), but literally was the one that made me cry. To play that team as tough as we did, to be up at the end of the third quarter, and then to see it absolutly fall apart is still the most painful football memory of my 46 years. I won't argue with those that point to the loss to the Pats, or the spankings we took from the flippin 9ers, or that Panthers game (thanks for reminding me of that day), but to punch that Steeler's dynasty team (how about Jack Youngblood gutting thru with a broken leg) in the face for three quarters and not be able to finish.... yup. The worse!

moklerman

Warner-phile
Jeez, how does a Rams fan pick just one game that ripped your guts out? SBXIV, the first round exit vs. the Cowboys in '80, all those disappointments in the '80's in the playoffs. '88 & '89 were real tough.

But one game that really didn't mean much that always stuck with me was the game where Tony Banks got to the one yard line and didn't score. The second game of 1998 against Minnesota. Really had hopes that the team was going to come together that year and that Banks was going to take that next step. I remember being in such disbelief when he didn't score to tie that game. I was sure the Rams were going to pull that game out and it really stung when reality hit.

I could go on for a long time about games that I didn't handle too well though.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Fucking cheatriots SB, with all the bullshit holding on our WR's, not to mention everything else. Still very pissed....

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
2002 SB was obviously the worst, but the playoff game against the Panthers was pretty damn close surprisingly. All of the missed attempts by both sides made it even worse in the end. That was the most people I saw literately crying leaving a game at the dome lol.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
For me it was that Monday Night game in Tampon. It was the GSOT playing in what I've heard called one of the greatest Monday Night games of all time. You know the one,,, we fucking lost in the end of a back and forth.

I was there. In extreme hostile territory throughout the entire game.

Long walk back to the vehicle.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
2003 playoffs at home vs. Panthers, the famous "we'll take the tie" play at the end of regulation. Sitting with my dad in our old season ticket seats, and Martz not trusting in Bulger to try and win it before kicking the FG.

Boat Ram

Recovering Lurker
Cheatriots loss hurt the most, followed by a tie between Carolina and the 1989 playoff game. That n9ner game is the first time I can remember actually being ill for days. I was 14.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
For me it was that Monday Night game in Tampon. It was the GSOT playing in what I've heard called one of the greatest Monday Night games of all time. You know the one,,, we freaking lost in the end of a back and forth.

That game definitely stands out to me. Warrick Dunn proved his toughness to me in that one. That was a game that you hated to lose but whichever team that lost didn't deserve it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'ma go way back...Eric Dickerson Rams, we'd lost one year to the Redskins when I KNEW we were the better team...Then the worst loss was to the Bears....I believe it was 46-10...worst loss ever in my book.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
For me it was that Monday Night game in Tampon. It was the GSOT playing in what I've heard called one of the greatest Monday Night games of all time. You know the one,,, we freaking lost in the end of a back and forth.

Still love this vid. What a game.

SierraRam

Recreational User
This list should be "what is your 2nd most painful loss." We all know the first! Here's my 2nd. I was 12 and obsessed with our team:

In 1974, the Rams should of played the NFC Championship game against the Vikings in 70 degree Los Angeles instead of -12 wind chill factor Minnesota. Both teams were 10-4, and the Rams had won their one regular-season meeting. Until 1975, however, the NFL rotated playoff sites, and it was the NFC Central's turn to play host to the conference championship game. Forget about it being the NFC Championship game, name me any game that a team goes over 99 yards and gets no points and loses by 4 points. This is what happened:

In the 3rd quarter, the Vikings hold a 7-3 lead. A punt pinned the Rams inside their 1-yard line, but we moved out of danger to their 25. Then Harris hit Harold Jackson for a 73-yard gain. Jackson should have scored, but he was nudged out of bounds by Jeff Wright at the Vikings' 2. One play later the Rams were less than six inches from a 10-7 lead. But Harris, who could have fallen forward for the go-ahead TD, switched to a long count.The refs said Hall of Fame guard Tom Mack flinched (bullshit call), costing the Rams five yards. Two plays later, linebacker Wally Hilgenberg intercepted Harris' tipped pass in the end zone. The Rams had gone 99 yards and produced no points. We lose by 4 points.

It's been 40 years and the pain is still fresh.

The Viking curse. They kept us out in '69, '74 & '76. Each time, we had the better team :(

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
The dynasty that was stolen from us by the cheatin-ass Cheatriots! We could/should have won three in a row. Az ended the second one, but that was an accident. The Cheatriots stole that game by cheating because they knew they couldn't beat us straight up. They stole our place in NFL history. SB 34 hands down. Am I a little bitter........................no. :rolleyes:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
http://Rams' Hall muffs punt, 49ers capitalize for game-winning FG
1) Rams' Hall muffs punt, 49ers capitalize for game-winning FG
a) This was the first live NFL game I ever saw in my life
b) 1st year dating my current wife, bring her to Lou....and this life long fan was watching his Rams at the 50 yard line, lower deck, close to all the players.
c) Some of the fans in my area kept telling me to sit down and quit screaming
d) Check out the 1st down and total yards domination we had over 9ers that day
e) Torry Holt let a touchdown at pylon get punched out of his arm and through endzone for a touchback
f) All we had to do was hold em. They almost went for it on 4th, instead punted to us, playing 2 minute warning, timeouts, and maybe another shot route. We held.
g) Then Dante's muff.
h) devastated. inconsolable. finally cheered up enough, realized I was on broadway, and needed to get even more drunk.
i) asked to leave bar for jawing with two 9er douches. I think they were being pricks, but maybe they just looked at me wrong.
j) eventually calmed down and enjoyed night in St. Louis. Blues blues blues....good music in that city for that......

2) Carolina double overtime playoff loss
a) literally stomped a whole in floor
b) I involuntarily clinch a fist, to this day, when ever I hear the words "Steve Smith"

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
SB against Pittsburg. Total heartbreak after being so good for so long and finally making to the SB.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The dynasty that was stolen from us by the cheatin-ass Cheatriots! We could/should have won three in a row. Az ended the second one, but that was an accident. The Cheatriots stole that game by cheating because they knew they couldn't beat us straight up. They stole our place in NFL history. SB 34 hands down. Am I a little bitter........................no. :rolleyes:
34 was the one we won. ;)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Being a Rams fans all these years means lots of pain, and there are some doozie's for candidates.

- The loss to the Patriots in SB 36 is an obvious one ... we were the better team and we were cheated out of a second ring.
- A Monday night loss to the 49ers in 1989 ... led 17-0 and lost. Could have won the division, instead had to get a wild card on the last week of the season. And to the 49ers of all teams ... God that was painful. Two long TD's by the 49ers running short slant patterns vs. the same kind of off coverage that Tim Walton loved to death. Ugh.
- Every single loss to the 49ers during the 17 game losing streak ... that's more daggers to the heart than needed to kill Damien.
- Losing the NFC championship 28-0 to the Dallas Cowboys in the 1978 season. Beat them earlier in the regular season, and during that game Roger Staubach said "we'll see you chokers in the playoffs." FU Roger, FU AND DIE!!!! You too, Hollywood Henderson, who taunted Ray Malivasi on the sidelines that day.
- Losing the NFC championship 37-7 to the Cowboys after the 1975 season. Chuck Knox got so totally outcoached that game. Horrible feeling.

This thread is dredging up some deep, emotional wounds from childhood, the kind that not even the most skilled psychotherapist can help with. There's only one solution - a thread dedicated to the sweetest Rams wins.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Mine was the 0-28 disappointment against the Cowboys in the Coliseum in January, 1979. FINALLY, we had both the Vikings and Cowboys at home, beating the Vikings the week before. I remember this more than all the others (excepting SB36) because I got in a stupid argument with my Dad. He insisted the game was over at the start of the 4th quarter. Me? I'm a die-hard fan; I wait til the fat lady sings, or the final tick of the clock. But then, that's another reason why the worst losses for the Rams have come when I watch games with my family. That is, my brothers and my father.

My distaste for trash talk dates to the week before that game. Hollywood Henderson made some asinine comments before the game. That the Rams were unable to make him eat those words gnaws at me to this day.