Woods is a better receiver than everyone thinks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Woods reminds me a bit of a very poor mans Isaac Bruce. He's a fine player, glad he is a Ram for sure.

I've often thought this just not sure if he can create the separation that Bruce could, but in my opinion he is currently the Rams best WR.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Not sure Watkins is actually the player we hoped he'd be. I'd love to see it but Woods just gets out there and gets into position to make plays. It seems to me that Watkins is just relying on skill rather than showing it.
Woods did say he wanted to be that #1 when he got over here. When we signed Watkins I'm sure that lit the fire under his ass even hotter. I could def see the scenario where Woods is working harder to create that name for himself.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Woods did say he wanted to be that #1 when he got over here. When we signed Watkins I'm sure that lit the fire under his ass even hotter. I could def see the scenario where Woods is working harder to create that name for himself.

Not like it matters, but I wonder if Watkins is a little upset that the guy who used to play second fiddle to him is now being used more? Obviously the hope is he’s a team guy and wants to win, but I just gotta think it’s nagging Watkins a little.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Not like it matters, but I wonder if Watkins is a little upset that the guy who used to play second fiddle to him is now being used more? Obviously the hope is he’s a team guy and wants to win, but I just gotta think it’s nagging Watkins a little.
I got shit from a couple people here about it, but I mentioned that Watkins was open a few times during the Cowboys game, a couples times he was waiving that he was open, but never got looked at. Ever since that game his route running has been in question or his lack of production. I dont think its coincidence. Something seems to be bothering him, i just hope it gets sorted out.

Last edited:

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I got crap from a couple people here about it, but I mentioned that Watkins was open a few times during the Cowboys game, a couples times he was waiving that he was open, but never got looked at. Ever since that game his route running has been in question or his lack of production. I dont think its coincidence. Something seems to be bothering him, i just hope it gets sorted out.
I know the play to which you are referring. I would hope that he wouldn’t hold on to something like that but it really could be something that trivial. He’s not doing himself any favors if he’s taking that route. (Pun intended)

TexasRam

Legend
I got crap from a couple people here about it, but I mentioned that Watkins was open a few times during the Cowboys game, a couples times he was waiving that he was open, but never got looked at. Ever since that game his route running has been in question or his lack of production. I dont think its coincidence. Something seems to be bothering him, i just hope it gets sorted out.

He was open a few times. But as discussed on this board, he wasn't the primary target and the pass was completed to an open Primary Target.

The big question is do we want a WR that stops playing when he doesn't get the ball Enough?

That is not a recipe for team success. I hope he comes around and I am sure he will have some big games for us, but in this offense he's not going to be a stat machine.