Will they be relevant in 2014??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Hey RFIP, please tell me how the Seahawks are SB favorites with their WR corp?

Here, I'll tell you. You build a great D and a strong OL and running game. Then you add a quality QB.

Well, the Rams have a quality QB right? So what's missing? They need impact players on the OL and D. Then they need Sam to bring out the best in his receiving corps.

then why trade the farm for Percy harvin.....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
then why trade the farm for Percy harvin.....
Seattle's first-rounder in 2013, a seventh-rounder in 2013, and a mid-round pick in 2014

Not exactly the farm but they were in a position to make a trade like this and take a chance that it would work out. Him missing the whole season really has not hurt them. Another team it could have been a lot more noticeable.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I always wanted to see the slot machine that they must have at Rams park, with all of the heads of o-linemen that sets the starting line-up after the first injury.

LOL! It wouldn't surprise me if the lineman are on pong balls, and they pick the lineup like the lottery. :heh:

Name
JP
Yes, I think we can will be relevant next year. There are holes to be filled on this team. But we will have the ammo to trade a picks and fill these holes this off season with impact players. I am very excited for this off season.

iced

Seattle's first-rounder in 2013, a seventh-rounder in 2013, and a mid-round pick in 2014

Not exactly the farm but they were in a position to make a trade like this and take a chance that it would work out. Him missing the whole season really has not hurt them. Another team it could have been a lot more noticeable.
1st,3rd, and a 7th..

that's about franchise tag if not slightly more.

i'd call that a farm

V3

Hall of Fame
1st,3rd, and a 7th..

i'd call that a farm

Have to agree. That was a lot to give up for him. I thought so at the time- not just because I know he's injured now.

iced

Have to agree. That was a lot to give up for him. I thought so at the time- not just because I know he's injured now.

same... I thought even a 1st was a bit much.. dude has been a headache (pun intended), attitude problems, and was injury prone - all pretrade..

Gordito

UDFA
Great first post, Gordito. I'm struggling with Robinson vs. Matthews. Matthews is ridiculously technically sound with the athleticism, strength and mental acuity to be great. He seems like he'll be his father...a versatile technician that will have a long productive career. However, Robinson has freakish power. He's strong as an ox and bullies whoever he run blocks. Still, his pass protection is raw and unrefined, he's a bit raw as a run blocker and I'm worried he's not very assignment sound.

Thanks guys. I wouldn't mind either. The pedigree is there with Matthews. Robinson has the great physical attributes...with Boudreau he'll be fine. Fisher is linked to both players and probably have a ton of info on both.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
1st,3rd, and a 7th..

i'd call that a farm
Like I said they were in a position to do a trade like this. He was a piece they are missing if he works out that true #1 WR people talk about. The 7th round pick is a throw away and most will never make the club a first and third for a #1 WR/punt returner. What did the Rams give for TA? A guy with great potential but no NFL experience.

iced

Like I said they were in a position to do a trade like this. He was a piece they are missing if he works out that true #1 WR people talk about. The 7th round pick is a throw away and most will never make the club a first and third for a #1 WR/punt returner. What did the Rams give for TA? A guy with great potential but no NFL experience.

Homerism aside I'd take Tavon all day before Harvin.

Harvin has wayyyy too many issues for me, especially injury prone and the attitude issues in minnesota.. and a 1st and a 3rd is still a lot for a known headcase who has trouble staying on the field

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Homerism aside I'd take Tavon all day before Harvin.

Harvin has wayyyy too many issues for me, especially injury prone and the attitude issues in minnesota.. and a 1st and a 3rd is still a lot for a known headcase who has trouble staying on the field
I'll take TA because he is a Ram but he was not my first choice in last year's draft. And considering he did not play the last 3 games you have to wonder if he will be able to stay on the field in the NFL.