Wide Receivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
This offense, IMO, needs to find a way to score on average 3 more points a game over last year, and they will be fine. Get over the 400 point total for the year, and they will win a lot of games.

Everybody just assumes that means they have to throw the ball to score. I don't care how they do it.

Even with all the issues last year, (losing Bradford, no running game the first month, etc.) they still managed to score 348 points, (21.8) the highest total since 2006. Which was almost 3 PPG better than 2012 ( 299 pts, 18.7 PPG) . Make the same improvement this year and you get to 25 PPG and with this defense, will win a lot of games.

What do you think the best WR tandem allows us to do that? Quick and Britt playing up to potential? I really wish Bailey hadn't gotten suspended. The Quick/Britt-Bailey 2 WR split seems like it'd be the best thing we could run out on the field.

You think Moe gets reps with the #2s soon, Coach? Or has he already gotten #2 reps?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For what its worth, If this tandem concept continues throughout training camp, and thus far, the duo of Britt and Quick have clearly been the most productive, I can make a case for Britt and Quick, with Austin in the slot. And when he returns Bailey being the 4th. This has the potential of being a very effective unit.

Mix in Givens to clear out the safety (assuming he is still here in Sept), and we might just understand why they didn't feel the need to draft a WR.

--My feelings exactly on the WR position from start.Glad Quick is being out in position to succeed.Snead said he will take time to get up to speed like Johnson at TBay.
Sort of disappointed in Givens after 5 games for 50plus in a row.

My question is how many WR do The Rams keep.Pettis is a solid possession WR.Who makes the team because of Bailey missing first 4 games ? Moe ?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
What do you think the best WR tandem allows us to do that? Quick and Britt playing up to potential? I really wish Bailey hadn't gotten suspended. The Quick/Britt-Bailey 2 WR split seems like it'd be the best thing we could run out on the field.

You think Moe gets reps with the #2s soon, Coach? Or has he already gotten #2 reps?

First, Moe has been buried with the 3's thus far. But that isn't unusual for rookies based on how Fisher does things. The problem he faces, they seem to be using the vets (Bailey/Austin; Britt/Quick; Givens/Pettis) to work with BOTH the 1's & 2's, so the rookies are very limited in those reps.

When they do get to the 3's, Veltung, Moe, Blake, Franklin all seem to rotate. When he is targeted, he catches EVERYTHING thrown his direction. So lets hope he can distinguish himself soon.

Since I openly admit I am partial to Quick, I want to see him and Britt on the field in future practices similar to what they did on Sunday. And Bailey getting reps (once he gets back) in packages along with Austin.

I suspect that Givens will be featured more in the upcoming practices, as he has been a forgotten man in terms of reps the first 3 days. Don't want to read too much into that, but combine that with what i saw in the one OTA I attended, and there seems to be a pattern developing.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
This offense, IMO, needs to find a way to score on average 3 more points a game over last year, and they will be fine. Get over the 400 point total for the year, and they will win a lot of games.

Everybody just assumes that means they have to throw the ball to score. I don't care how they do it.

Even with all the issues last year, (losing Bradford, no running game the first month, etc.) they still managed to score 348 points, (21.8) the highest total since 2006. Which was almost 3 PPG better than 2012 ( 299 pts, 18.7 PPG) . Make the same improvement this year and you get to 25 PPG and with this defense, will win a lot of games.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...onType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go
A killer run game can do that. Seattle scored 417 points in 2013 (en route to winning it all) primarily on the back of Marshawn Lynch being a monster.

'Course, they only gave up 231... I'm more interested in the Rams improving on their 364 points allowed in 2013.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
--My feelings exactly on the WR position from start.Glad Quick is being out in position to succeed.Snead said he will take time to get up to speed like Johnson at TBay.
Sort of disappointed in Givens after 5 games for 50plus in a row.

My question is how many WR do The Rams keep.Pettis is a solid possession WR.Who makes the team because of Bailey missing first 4 games ? Moe ?

Not so sure they will keep an extra WR in Bailey's absence. If Moe is the be that guy, he will need to take advantage of whatever opportunity he gets in the Preseason. Because as I just posted, he is rotating with the 3's.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Despite the packages we see in camp I'm sure they will mix things up.
In what sense ?? Of course your going to see different packages,but not so much from the first team.
If you listen to Fisher there are not enough reps to go around,because of not many 2 of days.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not so sure they will keep an extra WR in Bailey's absence. If Moe is the be that guy, he will need to take advantage of whatever opportunity he gets in the Preseason. Because as I just posted, he is rotating with the 3's.
What does the KR/PR look like ?
I think that is key.The Rams kept Veltung because of special teams.C. Reynolds as well.

Thanks for all your posting.Sometimes I might get a little bit lazy on my reading.A little aDd.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
What does the KR/PR look like ?
I think that is key.The Rams kept Veltung because of special teams.C. Reynolds as well.

Thanks for all your posting.Sometimes I might get a little bit lazy on my reading.A little aDd.

They have not worked on the PR/KR phases in any of the open practices, as far as the returners go. The only day they did any work on the punting game was Sunday, and it was geared to the coverage units. I posted something on that in the camp report 7/27/14.

But from what i can tell, the guys who have been fielding punts before practice, include, Austin, Reid, Pead, Veltung, Reynolds and Watts. Again, take that for what it's worth. Its not been in any organized drills. They had their padded practice yesterday in a CLOSED Special Teams practice, so I am sure they worked on that facet of the game.

I would also expect to see some of it today and Friday.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
In a perfect world Britt plays up to his potential and The lightbulb turns on for Quick but im betting on both guys flashing and being a work in progress. I'm thinking once Bailey comes back he'll split time with Britt opposite Quick.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I like the idea of Quick, Austin, and Britt as the starting 3.

Sounds like that'll be the starters. Bailey will have to earn everything after his suspension. I just don't like how badly Givens has fallen. He was supposed to be a stud last year and crapped the bed.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This has been a magnificent thread from start to finish.

Both educational and entertaining.

An excellent example which illustrates why so many posters are flocking to ROD.

A hearty thank you to all who participated!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
They have not worked on the PR/KR phases in any of the open practices, as far as the returners go. The only day they did any work on the punting game was Sunday, and it was geared to the coverage units. I posted something on that in the camp report 7/27/14.

But from what i can tell, the guys who have been fielding punts before practice, include, Austin, Reid, Pead, Veltung, Reynolds and Watts. Again, take that for what it's worth. Its not been in any organized drills. They had their padded practice yesterday in a CLOSED Special Teams practice, so I am sure they worked on that facet of the game.

I would also expect to see some of it today and Friday.
When they start doing organized return drills Fassel better make them hold tennis balls in their hands like the corners. He better not tolerate any more negated Austin TD returns this year