Why Sammy is WIN-WIN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
From the BR piece:
As Watkins explains, Goff often asks him in the huddle if he knows what he's doing on a certain play, a certain route concept and—eyes wide, shaking his head—Watkins will admit he does not. At which point, Goff explains everything. Right then. In real time. And Watkins' X's and O's encyclopedia grows. The duo has reached the point where they're seeing the same holes in defenses pre-snap.
"He's a leader," Watkins says. "He can feel a player. He can feel our energy. Knowing if we don't get something, he can correct it on the fly. He can look at certain looks and get us out of bad situations. Right away, I know, 'This is a bad look. Is he going to can it?' Certain times, if you don't have a smart enough quarterback, he might just call that play in that bad look and I get f--ked up. So he's always protecting us on certain passes."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what we were saying about Jeffrey last off season and he settled for a lot less. I think Watkins is in the same boat

Alshon ended up getting his $13 million per year. He took a "prove it" deal of around $10 million per year to get it. I think Alshon could have gotten more than he did, but he took that deal because he liked Philly and thought he could earn the mega bucks.

Basically, it might be the same dilemma Sammy has. You're right. The market might be lower than what he desires. If he really wants to be here, he'll probably take a good offer from us over a great offer from a team like Cleveland (or another bad franchise).

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Alshon ended up getting his $13 million per year. He took a "prove it" deal of around $10 million per year to get it. I think Alshon could have gotten more than he did, but he took that deal because he liked Philly and thought he could earn the mega bucks.

Basically, it might be the same dilemma Sammy has. You're right. The market might be lower than what he desires. If he really wants to be here, he'll probably take a good offer from us over a great offer from a team like Cleveland (or another bad franchise).

Some guys are going to take the money from the highest bidder or one of the highest bidders and others are going to take less for the better situation. I like the fact he's said, "I used to want the ball more because I felt it would help us win but I'd get 10 catches and 140 yards and we'd still lose. I worry more about winning than stats now". It's shows maturity and common sense and let's face it, 10 mil per year over 4 years is still more money than most could wish for, particularly with a lot guaranteed (which usually only comes if a guy demonstrates production AND health).